Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

(re replicarter)

Indeed, such a great character. I think she and Ba'al (before he was cloned) could have been interesting bad guys in S9/10, or at least more interesting than the Ori to me.
    omg, can you imagine!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Indeed, such a great character. I think she and Ba'al (before he was cloned) could have been interesting bad guys in S9/10, or at least more interesting than the Ori to me.
      Oh, that would have been fun! Much, much better (imo) than what we got instead.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
        From Joe Mallozzi’s Blog:

It seems they did realize how the command situation might play out while they were writing the first few episodes of Season 9 – it’s just that some of the guys in charge didn’t care. The fact that Paul Mullie brought up the issue and thought it would be disrespectful to the Sam character makes me respect him a lot. Joe also seems to imply that he agreed with Paul on the issue. Too bad the other boys in the writers room didn’t seem to agree. Then again, I think some of those same guys didn't really want Sam around anymore anyways.
        That would be because although they came up with the "co-command", that wasn't acknowledged til several eps into S10 - a full *year* later. And frankly, I'm not so sure this isn't at exaggeratedly revisionist history. Perhaps a nugget of truth, but spin nonetheless.

In the end Mitchel was team leader. And he said it "SG team leader"/ignored learned wisdom just often enough to twist the knife.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          very interesting. Good to hear Mullie recognized the problem. I continue to believe there were many ways they could have had Sam in command AND had an interesting Mitchell character had they (or the network?) wanted to do it.
          They say SG1 was broken up at the start of S9. It was only broken up b/c that's what you guys wrote. It didn't have to be.

I think addressing Sam's absence and having (Major) Mitchell temporarily in charge could have worked. Sam could have been recovering from a wound, sent on a temporary assignment etc. When she recovered (i.e. AT came back from maternity leave) she would have resumed command. We could have seen T&D adjusting to Mitchell & then adjusting back to SAm and dealing with the new dynamic. Lots of character possibilities for Sam, Cam, Daniel & Teal'c.

imho, Sam in command didn't fit wth RCC's "miniseries" that opened S9.

ETA: They cynical side of me says AT's maternity leave at the start of S9 gave them a good excuse to get her out of command. Whoever "they " is .

ETA: or having Mitchell be an NCO. They can be very important advisers to officers.
          Word!

Nice to see that Jckfan and I still share a brain. Good thing it's such a smart one.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
            From Joe Mallozzi’s Blog:

It seems they did realize how the command situation might play out while they were writing the first few episodes of Season 9 – it’s just that some of the guys in charge didn’t care. The fact that Paul Mullie brought up the issue and thought it would be disrespectful to the Sam character makes me respect him a lot. Joe also seems to imply that he agreed with Paul on the issue. Too bad the other boys in the writers room didn’t seem to agree. Then again, I think some of those same guys didn't really want Sam around anymore anyways.
            I always take what JoeM says with a grain of salt, considering the part about being co-command (which is ridiculous idea anyway) didn't come up until s10 (if I'm recalling correctly). It came up like he was also specail ops trained after the fans complained and brought it to thier attention. Yep many mistakes were made, and hindsight is 20/20
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This is my 1000th posting, and I thought I would 'spend' it here with my Samanda family.

Huggles

Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

We're happy to party but....Mumsy you're up really, really late.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

IMHO, that whole 'co command' stuff was just retcon for s10 in response to a year's worth of complaints. a 'too little, too late' attempt to acknowledge just what a flop their 'new and improved stargate command' was.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    This is my 1000th posting, and I thought I would 'spend' it here with my Samanda family.

Huggles

Mumsey
                    Congrats Mumsy!!!

You're such a talkative woman
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey
                      there should be cake.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        IMHO, that whole 'co command' stuff was just retcon for s10 in response to a year's worth of complaints. a 'too little, too late' attempt to acknowledge just what a flop their 'new and improved stargate command' was.
                        If I recall correctly TPTB plans for Sam in S9 involve a recurring role (a ship commander) that would shuttle between SG-command and Atlantis, which AT nixed...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I agree. In many ways, she was used as wallpaper in SGA, S4, just as much as she was in SG19&10, if not more so.
                          I definitely agree with 9&10, but I wasn't surprised about SGA. The base commanders are usually in the background and only get to be a large part of a couple of episodes a season.

That would have been awe....some!

Huggles

Mumsey
                          Yeah, Mumsey! Hugs.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            there should be cake.
                            Woohooo !!!! Congratulations on 1000 posts

I recently arranged a very big Open House with lots of "dignitaries". My one and only demand was that we have cake. And we did ! And it was all gone by the end

I also gave a tour of the facility and one time said "And, we're walking."

Comment

Yay Mumsey! Party party party
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                                If I recall correctly TPTB plans for Sam in S9 involve a recurring role (a ship commander) that would shuttle between SG-command and Atlantis, which AT nixed...
                                Um...I don't believe Amanda had anything to do with the 'nixing' of it, I believe it was SyFy's PTB, just like they wouldn't let them do the show Stargate Command.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X