Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Amanda herself commented on this picture. It was either when she was first pregnant, or just after Olivia's arrival and so naturally her boobs were somewhat more noticeable than usual.

Mumsey
    Ah, that would make sense. But it's still not a nice photo of her, and you have to be working quite hard to take an unflattering photo of Amanda. As Sky said, it was the plastic Barbie photo shoot, all of them over photoshopped.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

She still looks fabulous though...just weird seeing the short blonde hair again...not used to it anymore.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        She still looks fabulous though...just weird seeing the short blonde hair again...not used to it anymore.
        The dark hair on Amanda too some getting used to, I really didn't like it at first, particularly when it was flat brown in a couple of early shots. Much better now and it brings out the blue of her eyes.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Amanda herself commented on this picture. It was either when she was first pregnant, or just after Olivia's arrival and so naturally her boobs were somewhat more noticeable than usual.

Mumsey
          That's right. IIRC, she said she was about 8 weeks pregnant, and everyone was joking about how much more, uh, present they were.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Wow at only 8 weeks...that's quite impressive. Still...she looks fabulous.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Someone needs to rebel and forbid the airbrushing!

I absolutely loved the one photo shoot that Jamie Lee Curtis did along with an article on body image and the "false" images that we are fed everyday by magazines, etc. There were two full page photos. One was her all glammed up and airbrushed, the shots we're all used to seeing. The facing page was her with no make-up and in her real underwear. (standard cotton panties and utilitarian bra) She was there in all her glory, love handles be damned. And she still looked fabulous. She was real.
              I am with you! I have never met or spoken with anyone who liked airbrushing. Who, I ask, thinks it is a good idea?????

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I am with you! I have never met or spoken with anyone who liked airbrushing. Who, I ask, thinks it is a good idea?????
                I don't think it's a good idea. We recently had an incident at a school where the kids photos were airbrushed without the consent of the parents so the kids ended up not looking like themselves. The school photos had to be retaken. It's just not right to futz with natural beauty.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea. We recently had an incident at a school where the kids photos were airbrushed without the consent of the parents so the kids ended up not looking like themselves. The school photos had to be retaken. It's just not right to futz with natural beauty.
                  Wow, what an absolutely horrible message to send to the kids: you don't look good enough. Honestly, where are people's brains?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Online clothing conversion
                    I'm a US size 12. Not that I let that bug me. I've come a long way in the last 5/6 years. I lost almost 20kg about 6 years ago...have managed to put some of that back on - do'h - but have learned to like who I am. I've learned that I can still look good if I get the right clothes for me. It's not always easy though. I still get some people who think it's their god given right to judge me on my weight, making comments about how much I've lost or gained.
                    I just think I'm the wrong height for my weight. If I were just a couple of inches taller I would be ok. But just imagine a world where we all looked the same...where we all weighed the same and were the same height...how boring. And I happen to love love handles...I guess they don't call them love handle for nothing.

She's deceptively tall & slender...I don't like the word thin too much as it's a kinda substitute for skinny which I don't think Amanda is. Skinny IMHO, is much smaller than slender. Did that make sense??

I agree. They definitely sexed it up ...but on the flip side of that, sex sells. But then again, I didn't think they really needed to sex SG up as it was selling perfectly fine without the sexing up. As for airbrushing...so necessary. Boggles the mind why anyone would want to airbrush perfectly beautifully looking people...makes me wonder what kind of person would order such airbrushing in the first place.

I'm on the shorter side of things...I think I;m somehwre around the 5'3"/5'4" range...well at least I used to be My son is much taller than me...cheeky monkey...thinks it's fun to pick on his mother but I'm not the one who hit my head on the roof of the mine we walked through, or the one who complains about the lack of leg room in the car. Being taller isn't always that great a thing to look up to. If I can't reach something from where I am standing, I climb...be it in the house or at the supermarket...damn them for putting the good stuff up on the top shelf. The kids think it's fun to watch me climb into the fridges at the shops to get the last bottle of milk or the bigger packet of ham...doesn't scare me though.

I think that's sad...to hear any person talk like that...I think it's a sad industry to work in.

Oh yeah...the camera DOES add pounds...or kg's. Seeing the pics from the Easter weekend made it very clear. Hubby was looking at a pic on FB of him on the car & he said rather glumly, "Geez I'm fat"...and I'm like "Honey, look at Tom in that pic...does that look like our skinny tall teenager??" It was such an eye opener. Everyone looked like they had literally stacked on the kilo's that weekend when the reality was the camera added the weight...everything is in wide screen now...even when watching tv, everyone seems a lot bigger than in person/real life.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 6 pack...I don't mind the slab/keg. *ok, that sounds kinda creepy but it's not meant to be...you guys all know what a slab is right?* Zoiks!
                    I don't understand the slab reference. And the only 6 pack I have is in my refrigerator.

I've seen some airbrushed school photos too. It's disgusting.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

there's airbrushing and there's airbrushing

zat a zit, even out a blemish, erase a stray hair, remove that lipstick from the teeth...one thing

tweak people so much that you know they've been airbrushed, that's when you've taken it too far IMHO.

the true photoshop artists, you never know they photoshopped a photo, anyone else are just hacks or amateurs. (like the s7 promo pic where they just cut corin out and put MS in....leaving behind part of corin's vest
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^I hadn't heard that about the vest. Good grief!

A lot of those terrible promo photos t;he cast didn't even look like themselves. And we're talking about great raw material. Good makeup and lighting and they shouldn't have had to have done anything to the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Wow, what an absolutely horrible message to send to the kids: you don't look good enough. Honestly, where are people's brains?
                          Not only the kids but the parents...what our kid isn't naturally beautiful?? Yeah, there was a big stink up over it and rightfully so.
                          I don't understand the slab reference. And the only 6 pack I have is in my refrigerator.
                          A slab of beer is a box of 4 six packs...its cheaper to buy a slab than to buy a six pack. So I was referring to size...slab being bigger than a six pack. I like to have something to hold on to....uhm, cuddle that is.
                          *oh this could go so bad...I swear I'm being completely clean here...honest*
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          there's airbrushing and there's airbrushing
                          zat a zit, even out a blemish, erase a stray hair, remove that lipstick from the teeth...one thing
                          tweak people so much that you know they've been airbrushed, that's when you've taken it too far IMHO.
                          the true photoshop artists, you never know they photoshopped a photo, anyone else are just hacks or amateurs. (like the s7 promo pic where they just cut corin out and put MS in....leaving behind part of corin's vest
                          They airbrushed the girls faces & took away natural blemishes like moles and they also tidied up the hair even though the girls had set it like so. Airbrushing should never be done unless there is consent and in this case there was none.

Hope y'all have a lovely weekend...I'm off to pick up daughter from the shops then off to watch son ride his motorbike at the track while I keep hubby company as he is on track duty...and such a beautiful day for it too...the sun is shining and it's only going to get to 22C.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Not only the kids but the parents...what our kid isn't naturally beautiful?? Yeah, there was a big stink up over it and rightfully so.

A slab of beer is a box of 4 six packs...its cheaper to buy a slab than to buy a six pack. So I was referring to size...slab being bigger than a six pack. I like to have something to hold on to....uhm, cuddle that is.
                            *oh this could go so bad...I swear I'm being completely clean here...honest*

They airbrushed the girls faces & took away natural blemishes like moles and they also tidied up the hair even though the girls had set it like so. Airbrushing should never be done unless there is consent and in this case there was none.

Hope y'all have a lovely weekend...I'm off to pick up daughter from the shops then off to watch son ride his motorbike at the track while I keep hubby company as he is on track duty...and such a beautiful day for it too...the sun is shining and it's only going to get to 22C.
                            Got ya. We call it a case. Everyday beers are available by the case, better beers are only available in 6 packs (sometimes 12), the best beers are sold by the bottle.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Got ya. We call it a case. Everyday beers are available by the case, better beers are only available in 6 packs (sometimes 12), the best beers are sold by the bottle.
                              Yep and north of the border
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey all. This body-image talk we've been doing has overlapped quite a bit with the convos I've been having at work with colleagues and patients, so I wrote a blog entry about it. I hope you'll come over and join in if it's a conversation that you are interested in continuing.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X