Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    You know, I should be over the moon happy and excited, but instead I actually feel a bit cheated I'm more upset than happy. Why only 13 episodes, to me that's a step down and an insult when we know they can deliver 20 episodes.

I now have a much greater appreciation and understanding for how the SG-1 and SGA fans feel, waiting and hoping for the movies to be greenlit, and having all that halted by the plans for the ptb.
    Well, I'm happy with whatever we get, rather 13 than none at all.
    And yeah, 20 eps must be very very expensive to produce.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
      Well, I'm happy with whatever we get, rather 13 than none at all.
      And yeah, 20 eps must be very very expensive to produce.
      Yet, they are able to produce 20 episodes. I can not believe I'm actually more upset than happy. Very little happy actually.

Comment

Maybe the Sanctuary team themselves felt they were being stretched too thin?
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          I wonder if it has anything to do with the "Robin Hood set in space" project they pithed a while back?

Comment

My guess is that the 13 episode limit is on SyFy's end, not Sanctuary's. Seems like something they would do as they scope the market for other shows that might bring in more money and ratings. Maybe they felt Sanctuary was good, but they wanted better...? So limit the show in case something better was pitched and if not, greenlight the show later to add a few more eps to the season. They've done that before with other shows. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              My guess is that the 13 episode limit is on SyFy's end, not Sanctuary's. Seems like something they would do as they scope the market for other shows that might bring in more money and ratings. Maybe they felt Sanctuary was good, but they wanted better...? So limit the show in case something better was pitched and if not, greenlight the show later to add a few more eps to the season. They've done that before with other shows. *shrug*
              I've read a few tweets on twitter from people saying they're not happy, and I can relate to them right now more than the happy ones. To me, it doesn't feel like a season 4, more like a season 3 and a half. I just hope Syfy gives the fans an answer soon as to why they cut the episodes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Yet, they are able to produce 20 episodes. I can not believe I'm actually more upset than happy. Very little happy actually.
                I hope this reduced season 4 is related to possible new Stargate movies. i knew MW was scheduled to direct the next SG-1 film and At was set to star in both SG-1 and Atlantis movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  I could see that too.. Syfy has been making some stupid decisions lately.. but I look at it this way.. We are getting more Sanctuary!!! granted not enough, but it's better than nothing..

Oh and Rocky... your Eleven years of Amanda Tapping sig makes it sound like she died...lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    I could see that too.. Syfy has been making some stupid decisions lately.. but I look at it this way.. We are getting more Sanctuary!!! granted not enough, but it's better than nothing..
                    I bet that if they had renewed SGU for a 3rd season, they'd have given it 20 episodes. The last like 5 months Syfy has been making fans upset in some way they've done it again. Yes, it's better than nothing, but... just very unfair.

Btw, one person on twitter believes that this could be this is Sanctuary's last season considering the the episode cut back. I still can't believe the show's coming back, and I'm in no mood to celebrate.

Comment

Let's not forget that television is a business and nothing is ever certain. Having Sanctuary back is wonderful! Yes, the reduction in the number of episodes is a disappointment, but a 13 episode order means that the entire cast and crew are working- in a business where lack of job security is the rule far more than the exception. Who knows? Maybe S4 will be a spectacular ratings hit and we'll get a movie. Or a 5th season.

*passes out celebratory cake*
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Maybe we are lucky to be getting the 13 eps right now I think (given what SyFi could have done) it would have been awesome to get 20 again but I'm just looking positively that we have a S4, if that makes sense.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          Let's not forget that television is a business and nothing is ever certain. Having Sanctuary back is wonderful! Yes, the reduction in the number of episodes is a disappointment, but a 13 episode order means that the entire cast and crew are working- in a business where lack of job security is the rule far more than the exception. Who knows? Maybe S4 will be a spectacular ratings hit and we'll get a movie. Or a 5th season.

*passes out celebratory cake*
                          Yeah, then maybe we'll get 10 episodes in S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            too bad it's not the Gabit way or we could have a spoon throwing contest...for charity of course.

toss a wooden spoon at a bucket, whomever agitates the most fertilizer wins a trinket or gets their name in a drawing for a prize
                            Who needs something back? I'd pay good money just to watch! Especially if it involved jello. Blue jello

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                              Sanctuary has been given a go for season 4! YAY!

@SanctuarySeries
                              It's true! Syfy has greenlit production for a 4th season of #Sanctuary
                              Yay! Great to finally get official confirmation! Congrats to the whole Sanctuary team!

I'm a bit bummed it's going back to 13 eps, but considering recent cancellations I'm happy they got the season pick-up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                exactly. Before folks go all dooming and gloomin, for all we know MAD wanted to scale back and do 13 rocking eps instead of pushing hard to fill 20
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X