Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    here's a question for everyone when sanctuary eventually ends for good would you want amanda to do another sci fi show or a show thats a different genre like drama,crime procedural or soap opera?
    In a way I'd love to see her do comedy but we get that when we see her at events - so I wanna keep the fun stuff for RL meetings with Amanda. But I would love to see her in a drama show of sorts - no soap opera.
    Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    OT: so in the last 40 days were i live has had 806mm (32 inches) of rain, which is an average of 20mm (3/4 of an inch) a day...
    as im really bad at all measurements im guessing thats a lot and if it is well i think it's karma for all the beautiful sun and beaches you get all year round.
    Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    uhhhh that's state wide floods - massive aid is needed up there
    I don't believe in karma - not since Sharon Stone used that term to descriobe what happemned to the people in China after a terrible earthquake hit just before the Olympics games. Innocent people dying shouldn't be karma for bad politics.
    The floods up north are pretty bad. If you take the map of Australia and overlap it on a map where you are from then look at the state of NSW, that's pretty much the mass of land that is affected by the floods. South eastern Queensland and northern NSW are severely affected. I think the aid is getting there though and measures have been taken to prevent loss of life and further damage to the land. Of course these floods will have a huge economic impact. Like any natural disaster, it's gonna take time for people to get their lives back to normal. Lucky we live here in Australia where the help is there.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

as im really bad at all measurements im guessing thats a lot and if it is well i think it's karma for all the beautiful sun and beaches you get all year round.
      Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      The floods up north are pretty bad. If you take the map of Australia and overlap it on a map where you are from then look at the state of NSW, that's pretty much the mass of land that is affected by the floods. South eastern Queensland and northern NSW are severely affected. I think the aid is getting there though and measures have been taken to prevent loss of life and further damage to the land. Of course these floods will have a huge economic impact. Like any natural disaster, it's gonna take time for people to get their lives back to normal. Lucky we live here in Australia where the help is there.
      yeah we are up to over 100mm here today alone and the news the other night said that over 200,000 queenslanders in an area bigger then france & germany combined have been affected by the flooding
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Well it's a lot of farmland up there - but the floods aren't entirely bad - there have been some good things to come out of the floods. Pity we can't dam the water for times of drought.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

^ indeed, there is certainly enough of it laying around atm...
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I wouldn't let Sharon Stone define anything, let alone karma.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Vid rec!

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by nzneep View Post
                i just can't wait until she's old enough to play miss marple. Just saying.
                roflmao!!!
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  roflmao!!!
                  It would be perfect, right? Does anyone know if Amanda can knit? Today I learned to cable without a cable needle

Just looking at the cast of British actors and comedians popping up on the show, it would be an amazing set to be on. In just one episode the other night they had Saffron Burrows, Dr Who (Tom Baker ) and Alan Davies. Another episode had Ronni Anacona, Mike Baldwin from coro, Richard E Grant, the chick from silent witness and one of Ken Barlow's old wives. Amanda could fangirl all she wanted
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

here's a question for everyone when sanctuary eventually ends for good would you want amanda to do another sci fi show or a show thats a different genre like drama,crime procedural or soap opera?
                    I don't really care what she is in. I would watch whatever the show is.

Comment

Nice to see somebody of your generation learning to knit. It seemed to be a bit of a lost art for a while. I used to knit a lot more than I do now, but I always enjoyed it. I seriously doubt that Amanda has much time to knit, but I expect her Mum did teach her. Whether she was any good at it is another question.

I have to thank Cel and scifithinker for their cards which turned up in the first days' delivery after the holiday. Held up, no doubt, by the rotten weather that caused such chaos (as usual!). I'm sure I missed thanking some folk on the list for theirs, so I'll do it now. THANK YOU EVERYONE! They made a splendid display on the wall. We have a very small family and circle of 'home' friends, and my on-line collection helped to fill the space alotted really nicely. It's interesting to see different design ideas (like a christmas tree made from sand on a sunny beach - guess where that came from!) It looks so bare and dull now I'm glad I'll be seeing a lot of you in February.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I don't really care what she is in. I would watch whatever the show is.
                        I wouldn't go quite that far. I'd check out whatever new show she did but if I don't like the show then I'm not watching it, not even for Amanda
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          OT: so in the last 40 days were i live has had 806mm (32 inches) of rain, which is an average of 20mm (3/4 of an inch) a day...
                          I've been keeping with all the flooding during your wheat harvest. I hope you and yours are OK. Sounds like the roads and bridges are having a really tough time. As a farmer myself, I don't wish bad weather on anybody. Floods and droughts can be absolutely devastating.

If you haven't done so lately. Hug a farmer. They feed you every day.
                          Last edited by hisg1fans; 09 January 2011, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                            Definitely want to see her do comedy, but will watch her in ANYTHING!

I agree about Big Bang Theory. OMG... *fans self* Might just die of happy geekdom
                            Kathee Sackoff appeared in Big Bang Theory as a Starbuck fantasy Howard had, so I'm not sure I'd like to see Amanda appear as a Sam fantasy; more likely I'd love to see that the geeks are Sanctuary fans - imagine them discussing who's tougher Tesla or Druitt? Or dressing up as Tesla, Druitt or Henry?

Comment

oh crap i didnt realise it was floods now i feel bad for joking about it.
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                We usually talk about the Best Sam episodes--but what about the worst? for example:

1. What 3 (random number) episodes do you think show Sam's flaws the most? [not that flaws are necessarily bad in a character, but go with me. ]

2. What 3 episodes do choices made by Sam hurt or delay the team in their mission/ question etc. Or in what 3 episodes is Sam's involvement minimized to the expense of the team?

In other words, Sam should have been doing X, which would have helped save the team/solved the problem etc. but she didn't. Maybe due to a choice she made or how she was used in the episode by the writers. [and yes, I know her *choices* are all made by the writers. Hopefully you know what I mean. ]

Just throwing out ideas for discussion...

jckfan slinks away mumbling to herself
                                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                in first commandment, yeah, sam gave jonas a hostage. Yeah, she saved that dude from being beat, but still, she was to observe.

Gemini also comes to mind because, well she never stopped to think that she could be that 'bad' so gave replicarter too much credit

the gate address/clone one, i blame that one on landry, because the second she was taken hostage her codes should have been locked out. he dropped the ball there in massive way.

red sky...yeah, she did bypass safeties, yet she did it under orders. her superiors knew that she was cutting corners, so to speak, but they told her to do it beause they wanted (example) 500 potential addresses, not 149 really good ones.

the pressure on the sgc was to get more addresses to explore more to find more tech.
                                Yeah I'd agree with you Sky, also Sam shouldn't have left her position in "Heros" when Jack was hit, I mean her 'gut' reaction could have caused serious consequences.
                                i would love to see her in a comedy especially a guest appearance as herself in the big bang theory.
                                I hope Sanctuary goes for many seasons yet. But yeah that would funny.
                                I wouldn't go quite that far. I'd check out whatever new show she did but if I don't like the show then I'm not watching it, not even for Amanda
                                *nods* I'm the same.

And as Mumsy says I may have missed a few thank you's for the Christmas cards with the mail being in dribs and drabs, so a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for the beautiful cards!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X