X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Wow, GateWorlds back up. Yay!
    Lucky I had some fanfic to get me thru

Was reading Woman's Work and it's sequal Woman's World by Admiral.
    Woman's Work has Sam trapped offworld, hunted by a Horus Guard (complete with Sam!Whumping ) while Women's World has Sam going back to that same planet to forge an alliance with their people
    I suppose I should warn you that Woman's World as Sam and Pete. Together (post Chimera, pre Affinity). Though why I am including that in the warnings, I'm not sure...
    Oh, it also has Sarah Gardener too! :O

Both great Action/Adventure stories (minimum of ship. I like em like that )
    thanks for the warning.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay just a very quick post before I go to bed to let you know I have added pictures from all three days of the Burbank Con here . Report to follow over the next few days.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Not true, o royal sleuth! As the Royal Pharmacist already knows, the Royal Accountant/Bartender keeps the high-priced stuff under lock and key while she's away ... but it's there!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...WineCellar.jpg

In the meantime, the Royal Bar is open for the sloe gin and blue jello shots! Ya just gotta know where to look ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/RoyalBar.jpg

"Hic" ... comitas regit!

Jester (who's tending the Bar whilst the Bean Counter is astray ... oops, away.)
        Oh goodie, a perfect opportunity to hone my lock-picking skills!!!

While the cat's astray... oops, away, and all that...
        Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 11 July 2005, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay just a very quick post before I go to bed to let you know I have added pictures from all three days of the Burbank Con here . Report to follow over the next few days.
          Great pictures Tsaxlady, thanks a lot for sharing
          Michael looks great, as usual ! But I'm not too fond of Chris'beard

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            O.O

I hope there's such a thing as inflatable AT dolls...
            (shudders) Please say you were joking.....if AT should read that! Oh the shame!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              Wow! Five blue jellos for this wonderful new banner, Kat!

Love the pic of Sam/AT - and the Emerson quote is one to live by!
              Thanks so much for creating and posting this for us all

5 Royal Blues!
              Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Thanks AstroG!! I love this picture of Sam and I've always liked this quote. It's the motto in which I try to live by. I also think it's very much how Amanda appears to live as well, so I thought the two fit very well together.

[/center]
              I love your new sig, too and agree with AstroG's comments. I hope you continue to use it for awhile since the Emerson quote is so beautiful and works perfectly with AT/Sam.

Comment

[QUOTE=the dancer of spaz]
                Originally posted by jckfan55
                I loved this post on the thread talking about the forum problems:

[QUOTE Madeleine_W ]
                Also, some people are posting in the future. Goodness knows how. But if you're replying to anything, please quote it in case it the conversation gets jumbled out of order.

Those quotes are freaking hilarious! Who's the one who said "If I start experiencing temporal cascade failure..."? Haha! Good times. It's good to know people can be witty even when it's chaotic.
                That was "Seshat," a frequently hilarious individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Oh, and Chapter 3 (and the ending) of Ten-Thousand Suns is now posted at:
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/3/

Hugs to you all,
                  Strix
                  I got a chance to read it this weekend. Great job Strix. I was sorry it was over--always a great sign.
                  jckfan

Comment

Has anyone seen the new Stargate Primer on GW ? It is for the new fans, the ones that don't know what happened for the last 8 seasons. There is a bio for all the principal characters, and the seasons, and all and all.

To see about Sam, http://www.gateworld.net/articles/fe...hapter08.shtml

The "brains" of SG-1 is Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, played by Amanda Tapping. Carter is a brilliant astrophysicist, an accomplished Air Force pilot, and the world's leading authority on the Stargate. She is sensitive to personal and moral issues, but committed to her duty and the chain of command.
                    After flying missions in Operation Desert Storm, Carter worked for two years at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., trying to make the Stargate program a reality. When Daniel Jackson opened the gate and interstellar travel possible, Sam joined the S.G.C. as a member of its flagship unit -- SG-1.

Sam's father Jacob Carter was a retired U.S. Air Force General, who blended with a Tok'ra (a member of a group of rebel Goa'uld who have allied with Earth against the Goa'uld) named Selmak in order to save his life from cancer. Jacob served as a liaison between Earth and the Tok'ra for six years, helping SG-1 in countless vital missions before his recent death. His symbiote died of old age, and Jacob's commitment to holding on to his friend and saving the galaxy one last time resulted in his own death, as well.

Colonel Carter is the one to turn to when questions arise about the Stargate and its functions, wormhole physics, cosmology, and more. She is also a passionate woman, who is fiercely loyal to her team and immensely capable of doing her job.

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                    Spoiler:
                    She shares personal feelings with Jack O'Neill, but the two have reached an understanding that they cannot act on their feelings so long as they serve in the military together.

After a string of romantic interests who met a grizzly end (Jonas Hansen, Martouf, Orlin, Joe Faxon, Narim), Carter found a steady boyfriend -- a detective from Colorado named Pete Shanahan (David DeLuise). The two were even engaged, but Sam recently broke off their relationship. It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command -- though recently they appear to have reached an understanding that they won't be happy with anyone else.

Seems like they don't intend to develop the ship between Sam and Jack, keep maintaining the status quo. Funny. There's no mention of the ship on Jack's bio. Why do ships always end-up on the female side ?
                    sigpic
                    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      When I’d read this earlier it made me think about 2 books I recently picked up about women in the armed services. I finished about a month ago: She Went to War: The Rhonda Cornum Story about Major Rhonda Cornum (Army officer, helicopter pilot, flight surgeon, wife, and mother, with a Ph.D. in biochemistry). She was a POW in Iraq during Desert Storm, suffering through her imprisonment with both arms broken (from the helicopter crash).

Still trying to finish reading Generally Speaking: Lieutenant General Claudia J. Kennedy (Ret.) She was the Army’s first woman three-star general (and was Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence). I’m only a third of the way through, but it is a very good read so far. (It’s tough when you’re trying to feed the reading habit in amongst the newer addictions, ehhh… *habits* of GW, writing fanfic, Photoshop… reading seems to take forever no matter how you try to sneak it in… while eating, while brushing your teeth, while…. ) Both of these books were/are good. And they were both examples of women in high-visibility leadership roles who took crisis situations as they came, coolly, calmly, and level-headly.
                      Thanks for these suggestions. I'd add for those interested in women pilots in World War II---a great documentary done by PBS (American Experience Series) called "Fly Girls." It's about the Women's Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs). They flew every plane the men did (though not in combat) because they were often testing them out. You may be able to find this in your local public libraries.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                        Spoiler:
                        She shares personal feelings with Jack O'Neill, but the two have reached an understanding that they cannot act on their feelings so long as they serve in the military together.

After a string of romantic interests who met a grizzly end
                        he wrote GRIZZLY end????? dude, grizzly is a bear (or a man with white/silvery hair, ie grizzled)

sigh, ya buys em books and still they just don't get the english language.
                        Grisly is the proper term, not grizzly

like what, did Jack kill all her boyfriends
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          he wrote GRIZZLY end????? dude, grizzly is a bear (or a man with white/silvery hair, ie grizzled)

sigh, ya buys em books and still they just don't get the english language.
                          Grisly is the proper term, not grizzly

like what, did Jack kill all her boyfriends
                          Thanks Sky ! I was wondering what this intergalactic bear was doing with Sam, unless it was to give her a bear hug.
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Great pics, tsaxlady! Thanks for sharing them with us -- My favorite pic is the one of you holding a zat on the Serpent Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Historian

Spoiler:

After a string of romantic interests who met a grizzly end (Jonas Hansen, Martouf, Orlin, Joe Faxon, Narim), Carter found a steady boyfriend -- a detective from Colorado named Pete Shanahan (David DeLuise). The two were even engaged, but Sam recently broke off their relationship. It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command -- though recently they appear to have reached an understanding that they won't be happy with anyone else.

Seems like they don't intend to develop the ship between Sam and Jack, keep maintaining the status quo. Funny. There's no mention of the ship on Jack's bio. Why do ships always end-up on the female side ?
                              Ooh... It's pretty interesting that they didn't mention it in Jack's bio. Jeez. Is this from GW's main guys or someone else? I'm wondering why they didn't mention any of Kerry in his bio either. Hmmph.

It kinda seems like the author of that bio was very intent on saying that Sam was very capable of doing her job, as if there's any doubt, of course. Did they say THAT in Jack's bio, too?

Oy. Sorry. It's stuff like that that is subtle and annoying!

Comment

24 posts until 1000!

Comment

Working...
                                X