• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    what was revealed to you, chopingal?

sally
    Something like this:
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I'm glad that Charlie Tok'ra did not die. I'd like to have seen him in another episode, see how he's been...maybe aged him a bit, though.

In regards to the whole Jolinar thing. I'm glad that they decided to kill the Tok'ra symbiote. It made for a more powerful performance by Amanda and then "Jolinar's Memories" and "The Devil You Know" wouldn't have been written the way that they were, if at all. I loved those two episodes and it was cool to see Apophis and see each of the team's horrific memories and how they didn't break their will.
      I did like Charlie, but it seemed kind of convenient to make him a Tokra. It would be nice to see him again. Probably wouldn't happen now that RDA is gone, though. I hope he didn't get hit with symbiote poison.

And I do think Jolinar needed to die. I'd hate for a main character to be a Tokra (though I liked Jacob recurring). But Jolinar did open up lots of story elements.

Comment

Happy Birthday Agent Dark!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          Something like this:
          Oh dear. Put that away!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Something like this:
            How about this?

Stargate + Amanda Tapping=Joy
            Stargate - Amanda Tapping= Disappointment

Comment

spoilers for s7's fragile balance

Originally posted by jckfan55
              My, aren't we bloodthirsty! Actually, I totally agree with you.
              i didn't think jackclone should have lived either. can you imagine him being able to even set foot out of the mountain before NID would want to grab him? and to be realistic, would jack (whether he's in a kid body or not) be happy living his life over... without everything and everyone he loved or cared for?

that ending of fragile balance threw me as much as the ending for chimera. i felt the writers pulled jack out of character so they could have that ending. fit the story to the characters, not the characters to the story.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Happy Birthday Agent Dark!

Ditto, happy birthday Agent Dark!

And, NC, thanks so much for the AT interview!! I like her answer to the co-leadership question---definitely!

I have the latest Dreamwatch which rates the episodes 3-7 on a scale from 1-10. They gave Origin and The Ties that Bind a 7, TPTB an 8, and guess what---Beachhead a 9.

They start out saying, "The new, improved (or should that just be different?) Stargate Sg-1 proceeds apace, settling into its own style, though the format remains largely the same." They go on to say that the characters are slowly bedding in, though they still think of John Crichton and Aeryn Sun. And they say that Stargate has a strong flavor of Farscape at times, but they say that CB is delightful as Vala, bringing some humor into the show.

Most importantly, here was what they said about beachhead:

"With Beachhead and the return of Sam Carter, however, something resembling the old SG-1 is back in place and the show is on firm, familiar ground. This episode is a stunner, with some compelling science fiction themes and the threat of the Priors coming to a head. The Ori still aren't much of a threat, they're not quite the villians-you-love-to-hate like the Goa'uld were. However, they haven't developed that much of an idenity yet and their nasty technomage-like behaivor is still a little uni-dimensional."

This is exactly how I felt about Beachhead---with Sam's return I felt a sense of relief perhaps because it felt more like SG-1 than the first five episodes, and I also really liked the science fiction themes---yay for science in science fiction!

They rated Ex Deus Machina as a 7. Very rarely do they seem to rate an episode a 9 like Beachhead. It will be kind of fun to see how they rate the last three of the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  good news, sky one have the full opening credits and they look amazing.
                  not so good news, BB is top of the bill!
                  it goes: stargate sg-1; ben browder, amanda tapping, christopher judge, with beau bridges and michael shanks as...

just thought i'd let y'all know.
                  Considering that was how the credits were in the 10 sec opening, I wasn't expecting any different. But meh to actor order anyway (I always think it's silly...)

But I really want to see the opening credits! Anyone got a link to them?

And thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    Here's another quote from the Stargate SG-1 Official Magazine, this time from an interview with Damian Kindler, one of the writer/producers. He's talking about the various characters, and says this about Carter -

"Carter is still to be determined - we've just started threading her back into the show and we're working on that. She is very much the kind of bedrock that the show needs. Daniel is the conscience of the show, and she's like the 'Obi Wan Kenobi' in the sense that she will say, "this is a good idea," or "this is a bad idea". She's always right, she's got incredibly powerful judgement, and I think that is so important. You need someone to tell them how. She's very much that genius streak!"

NC
                    Nice---yes indeed, Sam Carter is the bedrock that the show needs alright!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Considering that was how the credits were in the 10 sec opening, I wasn't expecting any different. But meh to actor order anyway (I always think it's silly...)

But I really want to see the opening credits! Anyone got a link to them?

And thanks guys
                      I know. I want to see them too.

Also another Happy Birthday!!

Comment

Lest I forget my very fav Dark Agent! ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AD!!!

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday AD!!

Comment

to answer my own question

what would i change

well, a no brainer would be to have red sky NOT end all happy. i'd like to see the team face the consequences of their actions

i'd like to see a bit of fallout from ascension. maybe sam's version of shades of grey. what if sam went 'dark side'? What if she quit the sgc to be undercover? what if she went rogue? can we see the nitty-gritty side of sam?

i'd love to have replicarter's fate to be different...at least for a time. i don't think she can stand to be a permnant part of the universe, but she could have been around a while. what if she'd have....i dunno, nicked Sam and took her place
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Royal Reporter is just bouncing in, excited about the news she wants to share with the Kingdom! Please forgive me if you've already talked about it, but I think it's pretty new. ses110 posted it on the S/J Ship Family thread a little while ago. This is so exciting! I hope it's accurate!

Originally posted by ses110
                              My fellow Shippers I've been down in the dumps regarding Sam and Jack and the Show.I'am sure I'am not alone.I may have found something that will cheer us all up if True.Please check this link.Thanks

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=629

Spoiler:
                              Martin Wood, supervising producer and director for Stargate Atlantis gave us an exclusive Interview and we received his complete answers just a few hours ago.

SG-P Question: What about a new Stargate movie?Martin Wood: I would love to do one, Brad and Robert would love to do one, Amanda [Tapping], Michael [Shanks], Chris [Judge] AND Richard [Dean Anderson] would love to do one, we have been batting one around for so many years now and finally... oh, I can’t tell you about that!
                              Sorry I haven't been here much the past few days. I was out of town all weekend, and I have three reporters dogging my every move this week, so I'm having another one of THOSE weeks at work! But I had to share this, and I hope to catch up with what I'm sure have been stimulating discussions ASAP!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, AD!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X