No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of promoting Sanctuary For Kids: The Monday after TSE Eh-T and JanSam wore their Sanctuary for Kids t-shirts when they - along with MandySG1, her Ma and I - went to Gastown. Both ended up talking about S4K with people and telling them how much money was raised. (;lol: I wore my White Lake, NC t-shirt and someone commented I was a long way from home and I ended telling about S4K. He was impressed. (So was the guy at the cafe where I ordered an iced tea - shaken with ice to make cold it was revolting, wrong tea - and gave time the correct cash without hesitation. Geez, loonies and toonies aren't *that* hard!)

Anyway, we tried to let people know the good stuff happening in their own back yard.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      And how many hors did they spend sitting/standing near each other... ?

Revenge for 'peeking' under that quilt. "I didn't see anything, honest!"
      I have a pretty decent picture of that
      http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver.../0022swf8/g133

amanda doing the 'omg, you dang well better not be going commando today' check
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of promoting Sanctuary For Kids: The Monday after TSE Eh-T and JanSam wore their Sanctuary for Kids t-shirts when they - along with MandySG1, her Ma and I - went to Gastown. Both ended up talking about S4K with people and telling them how much money was raised. (;lol: I wore my White Lake, NC t-shirt and someone commented I was a long way from home and I ended telling about S4K. He was impressed. (So was the guy at the cafe where I ordered an iced tea - shaken with ice to make cold it was revolting, wrong tea - and gave time the correct cash without hesitation. Geez, loonies and toonies aren't *that* hard!)

Anyway, we tried to let people know the good stuff happening in their own back yard.
        That's awesome! You know, I put out a feeler to my FB friends who are actors/singers/musicians and wouldn't you know that bunches wanted to jump on board for a charity concert for S4K. Even non-performers were asking how they could help. People are all too willing to step up, if you let them know how. Clearly TSE & MTM illustrated that well.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Oh, just to clarify about AT attending MTM. AT told me she was planning to help out at the auction as RDA has been so supportive of her charity events and she wanted to do the same for him. Second hand I was advised that she did come to the event but was so sick she was sent home.
          awwies... and i know that feeling all too will, ive been sent home from work a few times now

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          ^Yikes! What she suffers for friends & fans. And then she had to go to work.
          Probably that relaxation from her short vacation weakened her defenses--that's what I swear happens to me. I fight off whatever's going around 'til I get a few days off and wham! The convention germ factory got her.
          tell me about it! last month i had 10 days off after a really hectic month of deadlines and how did i spend the first 3 days of that - with a cold!

Originally posted by llp View Post
          After hugging well over 100 people during picture taking, I am not surprised she got something. Remember, everyone wanted to talk and be hugged by her.
          i know i want to!

And how many hors did they spend sitting/standing near each other... ?

Revenge for 'peeking' under that quilt. "I didn't see anything, honest!"
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

thats classic!

and great stories about S4K everyone
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

amanda's sent home on sunday, but still have to work on monday? poor woman.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I have one where you can actually see his shorts pooling around his ankles. No question about, "did he or didn't he?" there.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                amanda's sent home on sunday, but still have to work on monday? poor woman.
                Considering she went in to work on SG-1 with pneumonia , I'm not surprised. Production schedules would really get screwed up *and* she has other duties. She's a trooper.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  I have one where you can actually see his shorts pooling around his ankles. No question about, "did he or didn't he?" there.
                  yeah, i have one of those too

there is zero doubt, dude dropped his shorts

I'm impressed that he managed to get his t-shirt off without dropping the quilt. He did that first

so, he was down to boots, socks, undies and a smile under that quilt
                  http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver.../0022t1re/g133
                  http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver.../0022wg50/g133
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Considering she went in to work on SG-1 with pneumonia , I'm not surprised. Production schedules would really get screwed up *and* she has other duties. She's a trooper.
                    i remember the pneumonia story.

i wonder if it was rick that sent her home?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i remember the pneumonia story.

i wonder if it was rick that sent her home?
                      Or Mumsey, being a Mum. Or Julia.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Or Mumsey, being a Mum. Or Julia.
                        i could see it now...

person: amanda, go home, you're too sick to be out.

amanda: i don't wanna.

person: amanda....

sally

sigpic

Comment

Heh, I bet it was a mum At one of my first jobs, my boss was a mum and her youngest was my age. She once put her hand on my forehead, tutted and sent me home
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

once a mom, *always* a mom.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i have one of those too

there is zero doubt, dude dropped his shorts

I'm impressed that he managed to get his t-shirt off without dropping the quilt. He did that first

so, he was down to boots, socks, undies and a smile under that quilt
                              http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver.../0022t1re/g133
                              http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver.../0022wg50/g133
                              And I doubt it was in his plans either. He only went the pants-dropping-step-further with the idea of it making more monies for S4K. The scent of a nekkie Martin on the quilt did increase the bids dramatically if I remember correctly.

Nice pics, btw.

Comment

Please don't tell me that's the other item Amanda asked Eh-T to sniff!?
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X