Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    @amandatapping Hey Tweeps! We're back and busy on set today! #TappingTuesday answers are coming right up, though!

@amandatapping Q #1) @jenniferhuva Besides the AMAZING amount of money raised, what was your fave moment of #TSE this weekend?

@amandatapping A #1) Photos and autographs. I get to be up close and personal. And I get lots of hugs.

@amandatapping Q #2) @WraithLover Would Magnus ever turn away an abnormal?

@amandatapping A #2) No. It goes against everything she's been taught and believes in. She does, however, take precautions.

@amandatapping Q #3) @jkneejones Is there any fad or fashion Magnus would like to see return?

@amandatapping A #3) Definitely not bustles or bell bottoms. I think she's enjoying the return of the fedora!

@amandatapping Bonus Q #1) @LadyBlahBlah You once said that Helen's accent is more "worldly" than just British. Where has she lived besides Britain & US?

@amandatapping Bonus A #1, part 1) Tokyo, Dubai. Cairo. Mumbai. Nepal. Paris. New York. Boston. Rio. Venice. Rome. Sydney.

@amandatapping Bonus A #1, part 2) Oh man. All over. Those are a few of her favorites..... So far.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #2) @abagaleciara What did you enjoy most about this year's Comic Con?

@amandatapping Bonus A #2) Meeting William Shatner!!! Oh... and kissing him. And I loved seeing the fans.

@amandatapping Thanks again, Tweeps, for some great questions! See you next week! xoxo

Amanda is such a fangirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Spoiler:
      @amandatapping Hey Tweeps! We're back and busy on set today! #TappingTuesday answers are coming right up, though!

@amandatapping Q #1) @jenniferhuva Besides the AMAZING amount of money raised, what was your fave moment of #TSE this weekend?

@amandatapping A #1) Photos and autographs. I get to be up close and personal. And I get lots of hugs.

@amandatapping A #2) No. It goes against everything she's been taught and believes in. She does, however, take precautions.

@amandatapping Q #3) @jkneejones Is there any fad or fashion Magnus would like to see return?

@amandatapping A #3) Definitely not bustles or bell bottoms. I think she's enjoying the return of the fedora!

@amandatapping Bonus Q #1) @LadyBlahBlah You once said that Helen's accent is more "worldly" than just British. Where has she lived besides Britain & US?

@amandatapping Bonus A #1, part 1) Tokyo, Dubai. Cairo. Mumbai. Nepal. Paris. New York. Boston. Rio. Venice. Rome. Sydney.

@amandatapping Bonus A #1, part 2) Oh man. All over. Those are a few of her favorites..... So far.

@amandatapping Bonus Q #2) @abagaleciara What did you enjoy most about this year's Comic Con?

@amandatapping Bonus A #2) Meeting William Shatner!!! Oh... and kissing him. And I loved seeing the fans.

@amandatapping Thanks again, Tweeps, for some great questions! See you next week! xoxo

Amanda is so sweet and so awsome she's an Anagel
      Thats so cool!!

Thanks Rocky
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

i still hope she can get william shatner to guest star!

btw, did anyone see the caps pars made from the amanda-william meeting? it seemed to show william checking amanda out.

(i can't remember which thread they're on, but it's either a sanct thread or the sam/amanda thunk one)
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm so happy Tapping Tuesday is back! What a way to light up my day! <33
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i still hope she can get william shatner to guest star!

btw, did anyone see the caps pars made from the amanda-william meeting? it seemed to show william checking amanda out.

(i can't remember which thread they're on, but it's either a sanct thread or the sam/amanda thunk one)
            Spoiler:

William is a lot like Captain Kirk, he always was a ladies man.

Comment

Indeed.

Kat I keep forgetting to ask you, you said when you were watching PN with your parents or family, you said you left the room before the hose scene came up. What did your family think of it?
              Both my best friend and my dad's first Sanctuary episode ended up being Pavor... Woops. I didn't dare look at their faces during the hose scene, but after the ep they both claimed the show to be "...interesting..." *ahem* I keep trying to tell them it's not ALL like that... Still probably my fave ep. I love things that shock and freak me out in a mind-twisty kind of way. (Not horror movie type ways)
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Indeed.

Kat I keep forgetting to ask you, you said when you were watching PN with your parents or family, you said you left the room before the hose scene came up. What did your family think of it?
                they didnt link my leaving the room to the scene, so i have no idea what they thought of it...

Spoiler:

isnt she just

so happy to see tapping tuesday back! more awesome responses loved the response to the TSE question, especially the lots of hugs bit, hehe...
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Sweetest Pic's Rocky and Amanda is so cute, major fangirl squeeeeing moment
                  sigpic
                  (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Spoiler:
                    [IMG]http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae118/Rocky89_05/140.jpg
                    [IMG]http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae118/Rocky89_05/141.jpg

William is a lot like Captain Kirk, he always was a ladies man.
                    True. And I'm somehow not surprised you'd have those pictures handy, Rocky.

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                    Both my best friend and my dad's first Sanctuary episode ended up being Pavor... Woops. I didn't dare look at their faces during the hose scene, but after the ep they both claimed the show to be "...interesting..." *ahem* I keep trying to tell them it's not ALL like that... Still probably my fave ep. [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]I love things that shock and freak me out in a mind-twisty kind of way. (Not horror movie type ways[/COLOR])
                    Yeah, Pavor Nocturnus is probably not the ideal first episode. It would help a lot to have seen the characters as their normal selves first..

I like twists and turns and trying to figure out what's going on too. (Maybe not getting freaked out...) That's one of the things I liked about Veritas too. I didn't really think
                    Spoiler:
                    that Magnus killed Bigfoot
                    but the fun was trying to figure out what *really* was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Greetings from Vancouver!

I know we haven't been on much, the hotel charges for the internet except in a small area.

The people have been a blast and the SA gang is behaving. Looks like the G4's evil plan to make them behave bore fruit. Rats. (Even is Mandy smothered my traveling companion.)

Will have details later!
                      Really? I'll be posting about that later!

Currently waiting to head off to the studio. Will let you know about it as time allows.

Just wanted to say how blown away i was by my fellow fans this past weekend. Incredibly generous and kind. Also so impressed by all the Sanctuary cast and crew who attended, donated their fees and gave so generously of their time. Their enthusiasm was so contagious! BIG thanks to the hard work of Gabit that made it all happen.

Love all 'round.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Really? I'll be posting about that later!

Currently waiting to head off to the studio. Will let you know about it as time allows.

Just wanted to say how blown away i was by my fellow fans this past weekend. Incredibly generous and kind. Also so impressed by all the Sanctuary cast and crew who attended, donated their fees and gave so generously of their time. Their enthusiasm was so contagious! BIG thanks to the hard work of Gabit that made it all happen.

Love all 'round.
                        Must agree with you.

Overwhelmed by what was accomplished when we all came together for a common goal. Just goes to show that small contributions from each of us can add up quickly and help so many. Definitely warm fuzzies all around.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                          Both my best friend and my dad's first Sanctuary episode ended up being Pavor... Woops. I didn't dare look at their faces during the hose scene, but after the ep they both claimed the show to be "...interesting..." *ahem* I keep trying to tell them it's not ALL like that... Still probably my fave ep. I love things that shock and freak me out in a mind-twisty kind of way. (Not horror movie type ways)
                          Pavor was a great episode, Amanda's performance was amazing and I firmly believe she deserved to win that Leo for the hose scene alone. But overall it told a lot of story to, like it all happening because she wanted to find a way to end her long life.

Best episode of S2 imo, and I hope Amanda will have better luck in the Geminis.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          they didnt link my leaving the room to the scene, so i have no idea what they thought of it...
                          Oh.

so happy to see tapping tuesday back! more awesome responses loved the response to the TSE question, especially the lots of hugs bit, hehe...
                          That's our Amanda.

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                          Sweetest Pic's Rocky and Amanda is so cute, major fangirl squeeeeing moment
                          Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          True. And I'm somehow not surprised you'd have those pictures handy, Rocky.
                          I'm kepping all new pics of Amanda for this in a folder, so when it comes time to do my AT vid, I won't go nuts looking for them like last year.

Yeah, Pavor Nocturnus is probably not the ideal first episode. It would help a lot to have seen the characters as their normal selves first..

I like twists and turns and trying to figure out what's going on too. (Maybe not getting freaked out...) That's one of the things I liked about Veritas too. I didn't really think
                          Spoiler:
                          that Magnus killed Bigfoot
                          but the fun was trying to figure out what *really* was going on.
                          Veritas was good too, and I wish AT could have gotten an award nom for it.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Love all 'round.
                          Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Overwhelmed by what was accomplished when we all came together for a common goal. Just goes to show that small contributions from each of us can add up quickly and help so many. Definitely warm fuzzies all around.
                          Well put, everyone involved at TSE work so hard to raise money for these for great causes. It started off as a small Internet show, now it's 3rd season starts in Sept, and they started a very successful non profit charity that just managed to raise over $90,000 to provide a "Sanctuary" for hundreds of homeless children. And the fans are as much responsible for the success of it all as much as the actors and crew. So to everyone who went to TSE and helped raise all that money, well done.

Comment

Fan convention raises thousands for Sanctuary for Kids

'The first ever Sanctuary Experience fan convention in Vancouver last weekend--lovingly dubbed Vanctuary--raised $90,500 for the show's charitable foundation Sanctuary for Kids.'

"In my mind, I hoped we could raise about $25,000 over the course of the convention," 'star and exec producer Amanda Tapping said in a press release.' "After the first night, we were already at $10,000 and the auction raised $33,000 alone. It was awe-inspiring."

Totally awesome.

Comment

Anyone with a LJ membership

I've been participating in the LJ header contest. It's a bi monthly contest where you make headers and they hold a poll. The winner gets 2500 LJ tokens (25 bucks in LJ land), semi-finalists 1000 and participants 500.

I've started doing this for the Gatewomen group. There is a yearly 25 dollar fee, which i've happily paid, and don't mind paying...but if doing a little graphics work here and there gets me 5 dollars or more off, all the better.

anyway, if you are on LJ and wish to view and vote on teh headers, this is the group mine are in
                              http://www.livejournal.com/poll/?id=1601750
                              but there are others, so please vote for the ones you like
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So I was looking through some of my AT/SC pictures and saw this series. I could just see it in her eyes that she wasn't going to be able to hold on. I was bored so I put them all together in some randomness. Gotta love her:

sigpic
                                || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Working...
                                X