Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    I have a victrola complete with a selection of 78's.

I finally gave up my regular phone and got VOIP. Sometimes I still wish I wouldn't have. After the mega blackout here in the Great Lakes area a few years ago, I get nervous about not having a phone. Even with 8 hr battery backup.
    Yep I remember it well ...and was glad our phone worked!
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      I especially like the pics used for 'bad ass'. Amanda looks quite hot in them.
      That she does, though I'm still trying to figure out which episode the center pic is from. And as I see you're new here, welcome to Samanda!

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
      I faked a sick day just to go buy the bluray of Season 1 and 2 and listen to the commentaires with Amanda. I guess that makes me a good fan and a bad employee
      Hee, awesome. I ordered mine from amazon and they were suppose to arrive on Friday, but now they're saying it won't get here until Monday. I have to work all weekend anyway but still..

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Ok. I didn't know the DVD came out until today. Sancturary right? Not SGU? Let's not get into what makes a fan "good" or "bad", please? LOL I"m clueless.

What episode are we up to? Or is that discussion done?
      Yes, the Sanctuary S2 DVDs came out yesterday in the the US and Canada I believe. No idea about the SGU 1.5 DVDs. And for those who have Netflix, all of S2 is now available as streaming video.

I don't think the rewatch discussion is done, we just got distracted by the Leos and other topics. I believe the next ep up is Hathor. This is yet another S1 episode that I only watched once since while I liked the premise, rather like Emancipation the writing just felt too heavy-handed regarding the girl power theme. Though it's redeemed for the most part to me by the great moments with Sam and Janet, from the stuff in the cell to warm smiles they share at the end, and my favorite bit with Sam saying her career was over after she knocked out Hammond. I think this was the episode that really formed the foundation for their friendship, which of course deepened with the arrival of Cassie in Singularity.

sigpic

Comment

According to some tweets I read on the Sanctuary thread, EP (Electric Playground) was on the set of Sanctuary this week. Check your local listings but they thought it would be on this Friday. I know it airs in Canada but I'm not sure if it airs in other countries, sorry.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

OK, finally leaving work and off to look for DVDs!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I haven't gotten them either. no time to run out to the store

so i'll go to bad fan purgatory
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
              I faked a sick day just to go buy the bluray of Season 1 and 2 and listen to the commentaires with Amanda. I guess that makes me a good fan and a bad employee
              well it seems to me you have got your priorities right
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                That she does, though I'm still trying to figure out which episode the center pic is from.
                Sleepers.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I know it airs in Canada but I'm not sure if it airs in other countries, sorry.
                It should go up on their site, though there might be a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  becoming a fan of amanda the person was quiet by accident on my part... i wasnt out looking for information relevant to amanda the person, i was looking for stuff on sam (pictures, info), maybe a filmography to see what else amanda, the actor, had been in... while on AT.com i read decided to read her bio, which included the quote in my sig, and that was when i knew i had to find out more about amanda the person...

like i said, i see being a fan of amanda the actor and amanda the person as two different things... there are many actors whose performances i enjoy, and have even followed to other shows, but i dont know much at all about the person behind the actor... i have rarely joined or chatted in forums in relation to the people, i typically discuss characters, shows, music, etc on fandoms...
                  I'm the same, I wasn't looking to become a fan, but I did, and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did. Becoming an AT fan did more than just make me a fan of hers, it introduced me to GW, Samanda and you guys, and it was because of AT I started making YT vids, and met some cool friends because of it. Being an Amanda fan has greatly improved my life, and I want to meet her one day SOOOOO badly to thank her.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  *walks in*

Sam and Amanda rule!

*runs away*
                  Wait, don't go. Samanda is where Amanda fans belong. oh,

Amanda, Sam & Helen RULE!!!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  If I REALLY got desperate to record multiple things, I've got one dvr (that can record two things), a dvd recorder, two vcr's and two computers with tv cards. So, I could record 7 things! Usually, I just use my dvr.

I transferred all the family vids from vhs to dvd. Too afraid of the tapes deteriorating. I still have the vhs tapes that I bought.

I never had very many cassettes, hated having to FF and REW to get to the song I wanted to hear, but I have ALOT of vinyl. My nephews are very confused about albums. One of these days I'll have to play one for them.
                  I still have quite of my old VHS tapes at home, in fact I have more of those than I do DVD's. I would like to transfer them on to DVD's, but I don't know how. And I still have music on cassettes, which I still like to listen to, and I don't mind FF or REW.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  here's an example of Sam's leadership qualities:

in Off the Grid, after they're rescued and before they go after the Gates,

Sam asks Emerson "Is the ship ready to fight?" Sam is thinking ahead.

Cam's comment is "Let's take him down."

and that's, of course, after he recklessly got them in to the fix with the Lucien Alliance in the first place.

I wonder how things would have gone in that ep with Sam in command (as she should have been ) ...
                  Wicked, good work.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Wow, that was fantastic, thanks for the link. I do wish Continuum had spent a bit more time on Sam dealing her new life aside from that brief scene in the grocery store. Something like Sam watching a taped broadcast of the doomed shuttle mission or maybe her fiddling with a telescope since that's all she had left of her science.
                  Very good, her seeing her AR self die on tape would have been cool, even on AR Carter is still a hero.

On another note, I found this quite funny Sanctuary tv tropes picspam on twitter: http://community.livejournal.com/hadthesun/816.html, I esp like their pics and captions for 'bad future' and 'heroic sacrifice'.
                  Wicked, I love those picspams.

how indeed! well sam wouldnt have been reckless for starters... and yes, yes, YES to the bolded bit!
                  I was waiting for you to reply to that.
                  Last edited by Rocky89; 18 July 2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    Amanda on the set of Sanctuary S3. Potential spoilers, obviously.

http://www.straight.com/article-3292...y-season-three
                    Awesome, thanks. Oh, and thanks for the caps.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...1#post11614911

working with pnemonia *tisk tisk* thats tucked up in bed getting plenty of rest and fluids time right there...

loved that amanda's wedding rings are alan's grandmothers... i adore things that pass through generations...
                    I once went to work with a pink eye, and less than an hour later, I got sent home.

I also like things passed through generations, it's sweet.

nope, i had no idea that cassette players could do that... but by the time i was interested in music (which wasnt until end of high school/ start of uni) cd's were becoming more common, so i had a walkman for a short time til it was stolen then went straight for the diskman as a replacement...
                    I was always a cassette boy, I'd even transfer music from disks to tapes.

According to some tweets I read on the Sanctuary thread, EP (Electric Playground) was on the set of Sanctuary this week. Check your local listings but they thought it would be on this Friday. I know it airs in Canada but I'm not sure if it airs in other countries, sorry.
                    Cool, but do you know what station it'll be on? Oh, and thanks for sharing it with us ahead of time.

Confessions of a bad fan:

Was having a crazy day in the middle of a crazy week and I completely forgot Sanctuary Season 2 came out on DVD yesterday. D'oh!

I guess I can't say anything since I was at a big mall Tuesday and forgot all about it. But I'll get em Friday.

Speaking of which, S2 of Sanctuary is #59 on Amazons best sellers list.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      Sleepers.

It should go up on their site, though there might be a delay.
                      The are 2 entries listed on their site but it comes up "This video will be available in Australia tomorrow" for me.
                      -

Comment

try changing hte date on your puter to tomorrow and see if it works
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i went out yesterday to buy s2 of sanctuary!!

but i also bought (due to my vcr part of my tv/vcr combo starting to go out) a new tv and dvd/vcr player. and a tv stand.

but it all went very downhill (nothing worked the way it was supposed to), so i spent literally all day yesterday trying to make things work right.

i returned everything today.

but i still haven't watched anything off the sanct dvds yet, b/c of how worn out yesterday made me.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i went out yesterday to buy s2 of sanctuary!!

but i also bought (due to my vcr part of my tv/vcr combo starting to go out) a new tv and dvd/vcr player. and a tv stand.

but it all went very downhill (nothing worked the way it was supposed to), so i spent literally all day yesterday trying to make things work right.

i returned everything today.

but i still haven't watched anything off the sanct dvds yet, b/c of how worn out yesterday made me.
                            Oh wow, all to try and enjoy AT and the show a bit better.

Btw-

@ATOnline We are happy to be the first to bring you these new, never before seen pictures from EW's Comic Con shoot (2008) http://bit.ly/cmYXFn

YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              try changing hte date on your puter to tomorrow and see if it works
                              LOL that was the first thing I tried No luck, I'll just have to be a patient little vegemite and wait until tomorrow.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                Oh wow, all to try and enjoy AT and the show a bit better.

@ATOnline We are happy to be the first to bring you these new, never before seen pictures from EW's Comic Con shoot (2008) http://bit.ly/cmYXFn

YAY!
                                I don't know why they say "first"; they're not the person who originally posted them.

Comment

Working...
                                X