No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^yeah good fic. I like the reason Teal'c called them.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      dropping off a little fic fun

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a...re/summons.htm

Summons - Teal'c summons SG-1

Nice one. I LOVE your turn of phrase...

"Jack's train of thought derailed in a heart beat." made me LOL. I could just see the crestfallen look on his face!

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hi Everyone,

This is maybe a wee bit of topic but Tittamiire and I wanted to share this with you, we walked/wheeled together at the Race for Life event in Aberdeen today, this was my first time at the event. One the many reasons we ran/wheeled today was in memory of Deejay, it was a very uplifting and emotional event and Deejay was very much in my thoughts as I went around the course with the 6,000 other women taking part.

Photos under spoilers (Tittamiire gave her permission for me to post pics of her )

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Way to go ladies. It is gestures like that which make me proud to call myself a Samandan.

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Wow, I've been away for months and just happen to return today and find this about DeeJay! She must be smiling at her Samandan friends wherever she is! How lovely that you two did this in her name. I come here tonight and also find out that this is the week we lost her last year. Wow.

Rocky, good luck with your driving! I hope you do get to meet Amanda soon as I know just how big a fan you are.

I have some fantastic news of my own as two very generous Samandans had bid on Amanda's charity auction for the Montessori school and won. They then sent me a surprise email telling me that I was going to Vancouver with them to have lunch with Amanda and tour the Sanctuary set!! Mind boggling, eh? We have never met in person and these two special fans wanted me to share the event with them. I'll share more with all of you as I'm able. We are going mid-July.

The past year has been very challenging because of personal family issues and care taking. I have been hanging out mostly on Facebook and have friended some of you there. If you'd like to keep in touch, please send me a PM here with your FB name and I'll try to find you there.

I did finish a shippy last chapter to my last fanfic, "Heat", and it's up at fanfiction.net and Amanda's website. I've also written three short reflections about Helen and the Sanctuary fic is at fanfiction.net and, I believe, the Sanctuary for All website. Real life has just not cut me much slack lately.

My job has been eliminated and my lay-off begins July 1 so maybe I'll get a chance to finally write "The Cabin Chronicles" which will be the sequel to "Heat". I did start it on New Year's Day.

Hope all of you are doing well, keeping the Sam/Amanda threads humming along here, and BEING KIND! I'll try to return more often once my life settles down a bit and I have more time to devote to stay and play.

Amanda has just provided all of us with the most amazing friendships and it's so wonderful to watch her star continue to rise!

HIC COMITAS REGIT

Love, CG
        How lovely to hear from you again. Welcome back.

Very sorry to hear about your job, I hope you find a new one soon. I'm sorry it has been such a tough year.

Wonderful news about the set tour. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. What a lovely gesture from your friends. I know from first hand experience that you will have a blast. Say hi to everyone for us and try to remember more details than I did!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        And veeeery loosely on topic: something Sam and any other physics geeks might enjoy This was in my university magazine's news section. Awesome.

Spoiler:
        http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3660/schro.jpg

LOVE that!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

technically, the fic is 'five convos jack has with janet' but sam's a feature in the convos so i think it counts here

http://petite-stars.livejournal.com/61766.html

Penguin alert
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

speaking of penguins...did you guys see this clever penguin vs. killer whales?
            http://www.campussqueeze.com/post/Sm...er-Whales.aspx

Comment

Hi guys, I'm afraid I need a little more help . A little while back I asked for help on how to transfer DVD features and what not to my lap-top, well I've done that, but now I have a new problem. .

I'm going to try and explain this the best I can, I have some vids on my lap-top that I'd love to upload on YT, but I can't because those vids are saved with "VLC media player" and I can't upload them to YT, and I can't upload them to Windows Movie Maker. I have AVS Video Converter 6 on my lap-top, and I could use that to convert my vids into the proper format like Mpeg, AVI, or whatever, but when I do, it says that my AVS isn't activated, and while I can still convert vids, when I do, there's watermark thing in the middle of the vid, and I can't have that . It goes away after a few minutes, but still.

It's says I need a license key to activate it, but I'd have to pay for that stuff and I can't . Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Comment

try searching for mpegstreamclip

it's a free program and there's both a windows and mac version.

it's a video converter that might do what you want done

sigpic

Comment

I'll look into it .

Comment

Uh oh, all it gives me is that VLC that I already have. I need to convert it, but not give me that watermark thing in the middle.

Comment

can you reconvert them? since vlc is putting on the watermark, use a different program to convert them

sigpic

Comment

can you reconvert them? since vlc is putting on the watermark, use a different program to convert them
                        The VLC program is one they're already in, the AVS thing is what I use to convert them and that's what gives them the watermark. It takes a while to convert, but I have no problem waiting, it's the watermark thing that messes me up.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          If I go I definitely won't be driving, I'm restricted to local driving only (because of my eye sight), I've sucked my cousin into being chauffeur if I get to go
                          I was meaning to ask you RoX...are you coming down to chilly old Melbourne for Armageddon? If you need a place to stay, we're organising accommodation for some fellow GW'ers...you and your cousin are more than welcome to join us!! It would awesome!
                          Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Hi Everyone,
                          This is maybe a wee bit of topic but Tittamiire and I wanted to share this with you, we walked/wheeled together at the Race for Life event in Aberdeen today, this was my first time at the event. One the many reasons we ran/wheeled today was in memory of Deejay, it was a very uplifting and emotional event and Deejay was very much in my thoughts as I went around the course with the 6,000 other women taking part.
                          Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Awesome stuff Julia! Congratulations to you and Tittamiire!
                          Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Good job! and Deejay seems on topic to me. Funny, I was just thinking of her this week...
                          You and me both...
                          Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          I've been thinking of her too. It makes sense since we're at the anniversary of her death.
                          I was wondering when the anniversary was coming up.
                          Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                          Wow, I've been away for months and just happen to return today and find this about DeeJay! She must be smiling at her Samandan friends wherever she is! How lovely that you two did this in her name. I come here tonight and also find out that this is the week we lost her last year. Wow.
                          I have some fantastic news of my own as two very generous Samandans had bid on Amanda's charity auction for the Montessori school and won. They then sent me a surprise email telling me that I was going to Vancouver with them to have lunch with Amanda and tour the Sanctuary set!! Mind boggling, eh? We have never met in person and these two special fans wanted me to share the event with them. I'll share more with all of you as I'm able. We are going mid-July.
                          The past year has been very challenging because of personal family issues and care taking. I have been hanging out mostly on Facebook and have friended some of you there. If you'd like to keep in touch, please send me a PM here with your FB name and I'll try to find you there.
                          Hope all of you are doing well, keeping the Sam/Amanda threads humming along here, and BEING KIND! I'll try to return more often once my life settles down a bit and I have more time to devote to stay and play.
                          Amanda has just provided all of us with the most amazing friendships and it's so wonderful to watch her star continue to rise!
                          HIC COMITAS REGIT
                          Love, CG
                          Hey CG!! Congratulations on the Vancouver trip!!! That's fabulous news. Can't wait to hear all about it!! Well all about what you can tell us about it anyways!!
                          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Speaking of Aberdeen... at work on Wednesday the Maori employees will be teaching everyone about Matariki (Maori new year) and we are encouraged to bring food from our own cultural backgrounds.
                          Speaking of Aberdeen...OT -
                          Spoiler:
                          we have a lovely gentleman at work who is from Aberdeen. On Sunday at work, I opened out new dryer now named "Martha" to find sitting in the door an Aberdeen key chain and an Egyptian statue. Totally OT I know but the Aberdeen has e thinking of Julia and the statue of Stargate...so I kinda had my own little Stargate moment at work...kinda!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          speaking of penguins...did you guys see this clever penguin vs. killer whales?
                          http://www.campussqueeze.com/post/Sm...er-Whales.aspx
                          OMG! Hubby and I just watched that together...(he's looking after me today)...we both had an idea what that penguin was up to but how cool is that to actually watch. I think however, I would have been rather nervous being a passenger on that boat.

Okely dokely...gotta choof. Love the thoughts of Deejay, love what Julia and Hannah did, love the penguin video, love the news from CG, love the fics rec'd, love the OT chats....love this little thread and all the folks in it!
                          Take care everyone and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi everyone

I have finaly got my own internet yay! i have a lot of catching up to do but feel's so good to be back

I cant wait to see what happen's in season 2 of Sanctuary i'm watching season 1 over and over on scfi it's so awsome we are upto Nubbin's i love those little guys .

I so need a Amanda fix

Which should i choose Helen Magnus/Colonel Samantha Carter or Replicator Carter ? i cant decide
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              The VLC program is one they're already in, the AVS thing is what I use to convert them and that's what gives them the watermark. It takes a while to convert, but I have no problem waiting, it's the watermark thing that messes me up.
                              Check out this website...

http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/

I found one here that worked great till I got my new computer (a Mac) and now I use Video converter for Mac.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                Hi everyone
                                I have finaly got my own internet yay! i have a lot of catching up to do but feel's so good to be back
                                I cant wait to see what happen's in season 2 of Sanctuary i'm watching season 1 over and over on scfi it's so awsome we are upto Nubbin's i love those little guys .
                                I so need a Amanda fix
                                Which should i choose Helen Magnus/Colonel Samantha Carter or Replicator Carter ? i cant decide
                                Welcome back! I was wondering where you had disappeared to! Are you still coming to Armageddon?? Hop over to the thread...Tal and I are going to be booking the accommodation soon...need numbers!!!

I'm going to drag myself to the couch and watch some Sanctuary and have a cup of tea...I wish I could have a sick day off work without actually feeling sick!! Bugger!

Sky...read your fic...that was cute.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X