Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    The Leo Award Nominations are announced and Sanctuary and Stargate Universe totally dominated with 17 nominations each.

Amanda has been nominated for Best Lead Performance by a Female for her performance in Pavor Nocturnus

http://www.leoawards.com/nominees_by_program_2010.html
    Congrats to AT and all the nominees.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The Leo Award Nominations are announced and Sanctuary and Stargate Universe totally dominated with 17 nominations each.

Amanda has been nominated for Best Lead Performance by a Female for her performance in Pavor Nocturnus

After having a somewhat crappy day, there's nothing like coming home and finding this. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        no your not weird as SG1 has got to be the most rewatchable show ever its a timeless classic in my opinion.i have also seen most episodes that many times i have memorized what happens/whos centric story/and the titles of the episodes.im getting quite pathetic
        Thanks. We'll be pathetic together then. It's good to have company.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        Ahhh, thanks. It's just I thought the "tests" were in Thor's Chariot and that's when she mentioned the net. Oh, well.
        You're right. The tests were in Thor's Chariot (the 2d Cimmeria episode).

Comment

sanctuary cleaned house in the nominations (thanks to morj for posting it)

2010 Nominees by Program

DRAMATIC SERIES

Sanctuary – 17 nominations

Program - Sanctuary

- Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Alan McCullough,
          Lily Hui, Lisa Richardson, Lee Wilson - Producers

Direction (2)

- Brenton Spencer - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus
          - Martin Wood - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Screenwriting (2)

- Alan McCullough - Sanctuary - Veritas
          - Damian Kindler - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Picture Editing

- Gordon Remple - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Production Design

- Bridget McGuire - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Costume Design

- Christina McQuarrie - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Make-Up (2)

- Todd Master, Holland Miller, Harlow Macfarlane,
          Werner Pretorius, Yukio Okajima - Sanctuary - Fragments

- Francesca von Zimmermann, Andrea Manchur
          Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Visual Effects

- Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Sebastien Bergeron, Les Quinn, Eric Petey Sanctuary - End Of Nights Part 2

Guest Performance by a Male (2)

- Michael Shanks - Sanctuary - Penance
          - Christopher Gauthier - Sanctuary - Hero

Supporting Performance by a Male (2)

- Christopher Heyerdahl - Sanctuary - Haunted
          - Ryan Robbins - Sanctuary - Fragments

Lead Performance by a Male

Lead Performance by a Female

- Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            sanctuary cleaned house in the nominations (thanks to morj for posting it)

2010 Nominees by Program

DRAMATIC SERIES

Sanctuary – 17 nominations

Program - Sanctuary

- Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Alan McCullough,
            Lily Hui, Lisa Richardson, Lee Wilson - Producers

Direction (2)

- Brenton Spencer - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus
            - Martin Wood - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Screenwriting (2)

- Alan McCullough - Sanctuary - Veritas
            - Damian Kindler - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Picture Editing

- Gordon Remple - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Production Design

- Bridget McGuire - Sanctuary - Kali Part 2

Costume Design

- Christina McQuarrie - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Make-Up (2)

- Todd Master, Holland Miller, Harlow Macfarlane,
            Werner Pretorius, Yukio Okajima - Sanctuary - Fragments

- Francesca von Zimmermann, Andrea Manchur
            Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Visual Effects

- Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Sebastien Bergeron, Les Quinn, Eric Petey Sanctuary - End Of Nights Part 2

Guest Performance by a Male (2)

- Michael Shanks - Sanctuary - Penance
            - Christopher Gauthier - Sanctuary - Hero

Supporting Performance by a Male (2)

- Christopher Heyerdahl - Sanctuary - Haunted

Lead Performance by a Male

Lead Performance by a Female

- Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus
            Now that's what I'm talking about, so many noms and each one of them are well deserved.

Comment

great news for amanda and sanctuary now lets hope they win them all
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

great news for amanda and sanctuary now lets hope they win them all
                Erin Karpluk from Being Erica is also up for a nom, and as we all know she beat AT at the Geminis last year. It's time for some pay back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Erin Karpluk from Being Erica is also up for a nom, and as we all know she beat AT at the Geminis last year. It's time for some pay back.
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Comment

Message from Amanda from AT.com

For 12 incredible years an amazing man has run my website. I have been
                      so unbelievably lucky to have Kamil's faith in my career and my life and to
                      have his dedication in keeping this site running. No matter how busy he
                      was or what he was dealing with in his life, Kamil was always there for me.
                      I am so proud to know him and to call him my friend. I completely
                      understand his need to move on and focus on the many wonderful parts of
                      his life and his new adventures. As I said to him, " I can't believe you have
                      done this for so long and have done it so well and with such love. I am
                      truly, truly blessed."

I will miss his deft touch with all things Internet. Especially as I am such a
                      Luddite!

But I am so proud that my dear and wonderful friend Julia and her amazing
                      partner in crime, Peter, have volunteered to take over.
                      How LUCKY am I??!

This website is built with love. It is maintained with love. It is fueled and
                      fostered and visited and encouraged with love.

Thank you my wonderful Kamil for all your years of dedication and for your
                      friendship. You are such a blessing in my life.

And Thank you Julia and Peter for taking this on. You are clearly both
                      completely insane and I am so grateful! Love, Love, Love.

Much love to all,
                      Amanda xxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by mylovejack View Post
                        Waw Amanda !! She's beautiful !! I like it !! (Sorry for my english very bad)
                        Welcome!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Yes. We really see her determination and logical thinking. She clashes a bit with Daniel and what she sees as his "wishful thinking" but she also respects him. I also think she learned something on this mission about people in dealing with Kendra and Daniel. (on a side note, I also like that we wind up revisiting this planet later.)
                        I also like the bit of tension with Daniel and her frustration with Kendra. And I agree that I think this experience taught her to have some more patience or understanding of people with different methods to solving a problem, that she may not understand it but to have faith that it can still produce results. And post-ITLOD Sam probably reflectively gained a lot more empathy with Kendra, and it would have been interesting to see how they would have interacted if she'd been around for Thor's Chariot.

The episode as a whole is one of my favorites from S1. I like the interaction between Jack and Teal'c, Kenda was a neat way of showing that a human could survive a blending, the difficult choice Daniel had to make at the end to shoot the Hammer, and it was a cool introduction to the Asgard, which were probably my favorite aliens from the show. (I'm still in denial about Unending, Thor lives! )

Wow, congrats to AT and everyone else nominated!

truly, truly blessed."

Luddite!

How LUCKY am I??!

Much love to all,
                        Amanda xxxxxx

Aww, how sweet. I need to send Kamil a thank message myself, since it was his great website that led me into this crazy fun AT fandom.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Aww, how sweet. I need to send Kamil a thank message myself, since it was his great website that led me into this crazy fun AT fandom.
                          That's a good idea, we should all do that and thank him for all he's done for us in the past. After all, he came up with the idea of voicing our birthday messages to Amanda.

Comment

@amandatapping Yay team #Sanctuary!! 17 Leo noms! And congrats to our friends at #SGU! It's gonna be a fun night. So proud of everyone!

Woo hoo!

Comment

Heading in for surgery in the morning. My friend has lent me her little knitted dogs with googly eyes to take into hospital since she can't be there. They are on her album cover, so they are famous little musical dogs

Getting nervous now... I have researched the procedure a little bit *too* much. Never type your surgery into youtube. But by sharing too much info, I have had heaps of people saying "me too!" So thanks for that.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                (*All this talk of various episodes is making me want to go rewatch some of them. Is it weird that I've already seen these episodes numerous times and still want to see them again??? And/or that I've never felt that way about any other series [except maybe SGA])?
                                not at all - ive lost count of how many times ive seen some eps

no your not weird as SG1 has got to be the most rewatchable show ever its a timeless classic in my opinion.i have also seen most episodes that many times i have memorized what happens/whos centric story/and the titles of the episodes.im getting quite pathetic
                                for me its not remembering individual ep, they are all just one big blur in my head for the most part, but rather remembering lines... in eps i have seen countless times i can sit there and say scenes word for word...

thanks RoX!

a huge congrats to amanda and the sanctuary team for all the well deserved nominations

and thanks sky for posting the list!

truly, truly blessed."

Luddite!

How LUCKY am I??!

Much love to all,
                                Amanda xxxxxx

awwwwwies, that is so beautiful and touching... she is right when she says that "This website is built with love. It is maintained with love. It is fueled and fostered and visited and encouraged with love."

and kamil has done an awesome job, i love that we have been able to send amanda bday/xmas/etc messages over the years!

@amandatapping Yay team #Sanctuary!! 17 Leo noms! And congrats to our friends at #SGU! It's gonna be a fun night. So proud of everyone!

Woo hoo!
                                woo hoo indeed!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                Heading in for surgery in the morning. My friend has lent me her little knitted dogs with googly eyes to take into hospital since she can't be there. They are on her album cover, so they are famous little musical dogs

Getting nervous now... I have researched the procedure a little bit *too* much. Never type your surgery into youtube. But by sharing too much info, I have had heaps of people saying "me too!" So thanks for that.
                                good luck with the surgery neep! i hope everything goes well...
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X