No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if we bring helen magnus into this, then what do we do with the helen thread in the sanctuary area?

I think that the stargate franchise needs to stay separate from the sanctuary one please. We have plenty of folks that don't watch both/all shows so they can each have their areas of enjoyment
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      if we bring helen magnus into this, then what do we do with the helen thread in the sanctuary area?

I think that the stargate franchise needs to stay separate from the sanctuary one please. We have plenty of folks that don't watch both/all shows so they can each have their areas of enjoyment
      Agreed. I think it would be much too confusing too. Weren't we talking recently about the problem with a thread receiving too many posts anyways? If we combine the the threads into one, then it might prove to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

we won't ban helen from this thread, but I think she's better served in New City (aka the sanctuary folder), and we'll let Sam stay here

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Well wouldn't you be mad if you put up with years of "EileenorMarian," "the girls" and "one of the twins" to find out that you are only as alike as any other sibling?

Neither of us quite know which result we want it to be.
          We call the twins at church Rosedes. Lovely women. Identical, but sing very differently, though the have great harmony.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            ^I thought we decided AT appreciation covers all her roles. Sally, as the founder of the thread, what do you think?
            i think i have no opinion anymore.

(((jckfan)))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
              HERE YE HERE YE: I'm now a graduate from Kaplan University with an Associates of Applied Science degree in Computer Information Systems – Web Development...................WOOHOOOOO....HUGE THANK YOU TO AMANDA TAPPING...SHE WAS A HUGE INSPIRATION...FIRST IN MY FAMILY TO GRADUATE AT AGE 34....
              Congratulations
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

HERE YE HERE YE: I'm now a graduate from Kaplan University with an Associates of Applied Science degree in Computer Information Systems – Web Development...................WOOHOOOOO....HUGE THANK YOU TO AMANDA TAPPING...SHE WAS A HUGE INSPIRATION...FIRST IN MY FAMILY TO GRADUATE AT AGE 34....
                Well done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  You know, this makes me want to get a DNA test done on me and my sister. It's hard for me to believe we're related sometimes.
                  ...that's a good idea Rocky...I should find out once and for all if I'm actually related to anyone in my family...I'm the black sheep...I don't follow them anymore.
                  Well wouldn't you be mad if you put up with years of "EileenorMarian," "the girls" and "one of the twins" to find out that you are only as alike as any other sibling?
                  Neither of us quite know which result we want it to be.
                  Technically speaking Neep, you are one of the twins...identical or not. I hope that whatever the results, you are both happy.
                  Congratulations!

Just a quick note to say:
                  Happy birthday little Olivia!

5 is such a fun age to be. I loved it when the kids were that age...I miss it.

(((Samandans)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                    Hey everyone, don't know if this has been posted yet - a "Best Character on TV" poll - Helen Magnus is currently ahead in her area, but the other girl is coming up FAST, so VOTE!!!

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...t-round-1.html
                    thanks for the link

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    @amandatapping Thank you for all the birthday wishes for Olivia. 5 years old?! She's having an awesome day! I got off work early so life is very good. Xo

Aww.
                    awwies, that is so sweet!

and a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Olivia

congratulations on graduating!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Well done! Congrats on your graduation!

The oldest college graduate I've ever heard of was 95 years young. Goes to show your never to old for challenging yourself and higher education. I do wonder if she learned more patience throughout her life to deal with the ridiculousness of some of the required core classes and the professors who teach them though.
                    the year one of my friends graduated from uni she was the youngest graduate at 19 and the oldest graduate was in her 80s if i recall correctly...
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Technically speaking Neep, you are one of the twins...identical or not. I hope that whatever the results, you are both happy.
                      Yeah, but" one-of-the-twins" isn't my name!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yeah, but" one-of-the-twins" isn't my name!
                        True but it could be worse...I get called a lot of other names that need not be repeated here...but one that irks me is MOTS ...and yet both my brothers are louder than me! I'm loud but I don't break the sound barrier like my lil bro does! At least I get the attention when needed...and the kids can hear me from...well they can hear me when I shout and that's all that matters! I'm also known as the outlaw...the sister, the girl, the middle one. To me, you are just Neep....Neeplet, Eileen, the little Kiwi, the crazy little Kiwi. And I love you all! *hugs*
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

hey, i spent most of my child hood with my two sisters, both younger than me and both close, telling me that i had to be adopted cause i just didn't fit in

you get to a point that you just start ignoring them, which is what I did. at times, the 'you're so different you must be adopted' is a compliment. cause dude, sometimes the way they acted i didn't want to be related to them at all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            hey, i spent most of my child hood with my two sisters, both younger than me and both close, telling me that i had to be adopted cause i just didn't fit in

you get to a point that you just start ignoring them, which is what I did. at times, the 'you're so different you must be adopted' is a compliment. cause dude, sometimes the way they acted i didn't want to be related to them at all
                            Hey...maybe we're related I had the same thing...still have the same thing but to a lesser degree now that I can actually decide when I see them!
                            I just wanted to say something I forgot to mention earlier...I just want to thank suse, Mandy and JanSam for making me laugh today...you gals are awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yep, and I've been told by my mom that if she didn't remember having me, she would swear I was adopted as well. Here's to marching to a different drum.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                                Yep, and I've been told by my mom that if she didn't remember having me, she would swear I was adopted as well. Here's to marching to a different drum.
                                Oh no. I could never say that to my kids. I hope it was said in jest. I know when I got married, I was told that I was no longer part of the family I was born to...and when my son was born, he wasn't my fathers grandson but my husbands fathers grandson...I wont say who said what but as much as it can still hurt, I've moved on...forgiven but not forgotten I think might be the right phrase...maybe. I'm more interested in what I can do and be for my kids than worry about what the rest of the world thinks.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X