No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have a full sized fridge and microwave, but it's not our breakroom, it's a conference room....and if the managers decide to have a meeting over lunch, you're frakked because they'll close the door and your food is on the other side and it's SOL time for you.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Pigeon curling was banned in Canada in the late 1800s as it was deemed too cruel.
      Cruel? Possibly. Hilarious? Definitely! *g*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      At my job, we're lucky if we can get all our bag lunches (which we mostly eat at our desks) in the refrigerator. Though we recently got about 3 comfy chairs. (oh weep for me )
      Oh the luxury of chairs! We all eat at our desks...or someone else's desk for a change of scenery/company.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      we have a full sized fridge and microwave, but it's not our breakroom, it's a conference room....and if the managers decide to have a meeting over lunch, you're frakked because they'll close the door and your food is on the other side and it's SOL time for you.
      Now that is cruel and unusual...
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        At my job, we're lucky if we can get all our bag lunches (which we mostly eat at our desks) in the refrigerator. Though we recently got about 3 comfy chairs. (oh weep for me )
        It's crazy what you learn to get used to. We used to get loads of free food in our EDR and meals were reduced and sold at cost for us. With the tightening of belts the recession has brought, work decided to charge us $3 for a meal (taking what we liked, as long as it was eaten) and did away with lots of the freebies. The reactions from people was amazing to watch as it seemed like perfectly grown adults reverted to their inner five year old selves.

I've always ever taken my lunch bag though. I mostly pick at what I bring as eating a full meal in the middle of the night seems weirdly odd yet. *shrug*

Comment

well, they don't do meetings in there as often as they used to after i asked one of them 'hey, can you at least post when you're gonna have a meeting so we can get our food out first?'

i'm lucky, i can eat pretty much whenever i want or my job dictates, but there are others that have scheduled lunches and they'd lose their lunch if hte managers were in there

a good chunk of us brown bag it (i use the term loosely, lunch for me is usually a frozen lean cuisine or the like)

you know, if i had my druthers, i'd rather have the larger meal for lunch, then just have a sandwich or something for dinner in stead of having the larger meal late in the day

sigpic

Comment

My larger meal is usually right before I go to work; around 7pm. My 'breakfast' happens around noon and is usually the smallest meal of the day for me because I cannot eat when I'm just up from sleeping and still feeling like a zombie. My schedule is so screwed. Weekends and holidays are lots of fun for me in that I suddenly am able to reverse and be semi-normal, at least in my meals.

Do you even have an employee break room where you work?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Glad it arrived OK. Sorry it took me so long. Doesn't make up for missing AT but I'm sure she'll get there someday soon.
              thats ok, it arrived safe and sound thats all that matters

i love it and it will be a great opener for when amanda does eventually make it to oz

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              How many ways are there to describe the same woman as being absolutely adorable?

Luck you! I'd be staring it all day too if I was you. Congrats!
              id say not enough

and thanks back to staring and its the next day

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Congrats on getting your question answered and kudos on the joint effort from Rocky and EH-T in getting S1 signed by AT.
              it was very sweet and cool of them indeed to organise it

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              that would be a bumma having your food stranded in a meeting...

we're lucky at my work we have a seperate lunch room... six seater table, and every piece of kitchen equipment you could possibly need...
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

we have a break room problem is it's also used as a conference room, and we have a mgr with the attitude of 'there's a cafeteria upstairs'.

thing is, it's run by a company of blind people (i am not making this up, i work for the state, so certain disabled groups have an 'in' in things...and run our cafeteria)

food's not that good, few go up. I usually heat my food and eat at my desk. although i'm sure the ones that eat in teh room woudl be willing to go upstairs, if they have the advanced notice to get their food out of the fridge and a place to heat it up

sigpic

Comment

New video from Paris.

http://www.allocine.fr/series/fiches...media=18945035

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    that was different and fun!

~that amanda... *huggles that woman*~
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

All of our offices have full lunch rooms with fridges, nukers, toasters, etc. But I bring my lunch 4 days a week and eat at my desk. Once a week a group of us goes out for lunch.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        May I ask what brand of vodka that is? I currently have two bottles (different brands) of honey vodka that can totally kick your butt on your best day!
                        42 Below, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZFUZjexzws

Our break room us pretty sweet. We have 2 fridges, 2 microwaves, 2 sandwich toasters, 2 regular toasters... free bread, margarine, apples, tea, coffee, hot chocolate. And like I said, now we have the wii.

At uni we have the cafe and a DIY Kai (food) room with a bench full of microwaves, a bench full of sinks and some vending machines. Oh, and a machine that dispenses hot nuts NOM!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thou shalt not spoiler for Haunted.

tag it or take it to the episode thread please

general comments are ok, but ANYTHING that reveals the plot should be tagged and labeled

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89
                            Amanda Tapping Interview: Sanctuary

New Amanda vid with her talking about a few women of Syfy.
                            Just to let people know, that's the same interview Parsifal posted above
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Just to let people know, that's the same interview Parsifal posted above
                              Oops, than I guess there's no reason for me to keep it there.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

AT looks like she had a cold.

And later she had the flu. Poor thing.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X