Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I know. Just like, beyond often being sent back to the gate to get help or being massively silent, teal'c is the least massacred in fic, because so few write him.

I think there's less than a handful of teal'c writers, and maybe 3-4 sam/teal'c shippers that write...and i'm one of them

I know Adi and i (someone i used to write with who i dont' have contact with anymore) once wrote a fic about Devon, sam and teal'c's child.

I should see if i can find it somewhere.

See, that's what makes sam so good. yes, sam/jack may be the predominant ship, but it was always handled in such a way that people that want to play with other ships can. so there's a little something there for everyone
    I've written the occassional Sam/Teal'c, I think I might have only got as far as uploading one of them though.

I do like the links between the characters in the show so anyone can see what they like depending on the glasses they want to wear. I've usually got my Sam/Janet glasses on, but Sam/Vala, Sam/Jack, Sam/Teal'c and even Jack/Daniel glasses are also fun to wear at times. XD

Yes, I agree that Teal'c does seem to get massacred less. Sam seems to suffer a lot (even on the show) because she get shoehorned into being 'The Woman' while Jack gets massacred a bit by being shoehorned into 'The Hero' and Daniel suffers from all sorts of fates...

but 'stoic alien' is hard to massacre completely, it can be done badly, but it takes a special effort...when it's much easier just to have Teal'c not say anything, which often seems to happen.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

i've noticed, teal'c is 'visiting ryac' a lot
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i've noticed, teal'c is 'visiting ryac' a lot
        visiting r'yac = whoops I forgot there were FOUR people on the team!
        sigpic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          visiting r'yac = whoops I forgot there were FOUR people on the team!
          LOL!
          ...and here I thought maybe it was a reminder of the 'next generation' ...
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
            Congrats on the milestone Kat!
            thanks ames

half a day left of work and im done for the year! we shut up office around noon and then have a christmas/breakup party
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

i'm here until normal quitting time thursday....unless the 10 inches of snow we're suppsoed to get comes early

Looks like we're gonna have a rare white christmas.
              the downside, most of the snow is gonna hit Thu afternoon/friday am with possible blizzard conditions, so not a benign white christmas

I see a lot of shoveling in my future

sigpic

Comment

We, on the other hand, may not have a White Christmas this year ... well, there's white on the rooftops and grassy bits, but you can still *sweep* the accumulation away from your doorstep atm. Then again, stranger things have happened - blizzards can (and often do) seemingly pop out of nowhere!

(You realise that, now that I've said this, we'll get dumped with a massive blizzard tomorrow, and I'll end up eating my post, right? ....a girl can hope, anyway )

ames on facebook

Comment

Well we certainly won't be having a white Christmas...it was flamin' hot today!! The air con is still purring along at 12.53am!! 31C tomorrow and 22C for Christmas day...no chance of snow...bugger!

Got an early Christmas present just now...
                  Spoiler:
                  got me a ticket to the Stargate Event in Aus in March...meeting RDA, Ben Browder plus more...yay!! Breakfast with RDA...OMG! And Ben!! *thunk*

On that note...good night all...sweet reams!!
                  (((Samandans)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oooh, very awesome indeed chelle!
                    (The bfast, not the weather -- although I know quite a few people who would consider that as much, if not moreso, worthy of celebration )
                    Sleep well m'dear -- I hope your dreams were much sweeter than mine *hugs*

ames on facebook

Comment

Well, I should hopefully have a white Christmas.... as long as my red eye flight tonight is able to land in Minnesota, that is. *fingers crossed*

Comment

I'm here until either 4pm tomorrow or whenever everyone else leaves, whichever is sooner!

Thankfully I've only got to go six miles tomorrow evening to my parents, which is handy because the road I live on currently resembles an ice rink and at least if I can't get a vehicle out I can start walking and probably get a lift halfway.

I don't know if we're going to have a white Christmas, we've got more snow forecast, but rain showers in there as well!

Chelle that's awesome news brilliant!

Safe travels to everyone who is travelling for Christmas!
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          I'm here until either 4pm tomorrow or whenever everyone else leaves, whichever is sooner!

Thankfully I've only got to go six miles tomorrow evening to my parents, which is handy because the road I live on currently resembles an ice rink and at least if I can't get a vehicle out I can start walking and probably get a lift halfway.

I don't know if we're going to have a white Christmas, we've got more snow forecast, but rain showers in there as well!

Chelle that's awesome news brilliant!

Safe travels to everyone who is travelling for Christmas!
                          Snap!
                          I'm here until 7pm tomorrow, or untill all my engineers check out (it was about 4pm last year).
                          And then a 6 mile drive to the best friends.
                          We have no snow but quite a lot of ice on this side of the Peninnes.

Tonight I need to make the Moroccan lamb stew for dinner tomorrow.
                          I don't start work until noon tomorrow, will walk into Tescos (about a mile or so) to pick up milk, fresh bread and salad in the morning. Not taking the car, by the time I've fought my way through the traffic, it will be quicker to walk.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

i'm at work until 430, or until either the governor gives us the day off, or declares a snow day (we're forecast for up to 10 inches, the key is when it starts, thu am or aft or evening)

i'll be one o f6 people in my area....we have 12 normally

sigpic

Comment

it's beautiful here- 22C and sunny. Same tomorrow on Christmas day. I was gutted that I missed the snow (most of it... thanks Titta!) in Europe, but then it just got worse and worse. Maybe I good thing I missed it

As for time off... I'm the luckiest ever. I went to work on Tuesday for a half shift and when I looked at my roster I saw that every single one of my shifts after that happened to land on a holiday except one, and for that one I get my union day of leave. So I'm not going back until the 5th! Yusss! Total fluke, but I will take it.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i'm here until normal quitting time thursday....unless the 10 inches of snow we're suppsoed to get comes early

Looks like we're gonna have a rare white christmas.
                                the downside, most of the snow is gonna hit Thu afternoon/friday am with possible blizzard conditions, so not a benign white christmas

I see a lot of shoveling in my future
                                Is it any different than what you do around here on a daily basis?
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X