Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    That's not cold. On Thursday we're supposed to have temps around 10 with 50mph winds. Just a wee bit chilly me thinks.
    Well it's finally snowed here in Canada, I woke up to find quite a bit of snow outside my house. It's not super cold, but it is windy.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    sorry to hear that (rocky)... it sux when people try to hack your accounts, i know, someone once hacked my myspace... even worse that it was a family member

on a brighter note thanks for the lovely card, kind words and the coin
    Thank you Kat, I still can't believe he did that, OMG, once I caught him trying to still money from me.

But I'm really happy you liked the card, and the little coin I left inside. I was lucky enough to find a coin that was made the same year you were born.

Speaking of cards, thank you VERY much to Julia, Hisg1fans, Scifithinker, Nearly Circular, Celandine and Titta. Thank you all for the kind words in the cards, and for the Sam pics on the cards.

Comment

see, here, i got up at the usual time - after being woken up by the howling wind - 'broke' into my car - the doors were frozen shut - got to work, started in on stuff, then heard 'all state offices are closed today'..d'oh, that's me

so i verified it, finished up and was home by 730.

chilling out and watched some TV, now i'm watching 'a night to remember' (all this helen stuff has me in the mood for a titanic movie)

dunno about this evening

yeah, it snowed and blowed and it's cold...but really we got less than 6 inches and i really had no problem getting around..
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ooh forgot to give a shout out.

Thank you to Rocky, Sky, samcarterrules (Julia), NC, EvenstarSRV, Kat and Hisg1fans!!

I love opening my tiny little mail box and seeing the overflowing, abundance of cards. Much better than the alternative bills any day! *nodnod*

I must think of finding a bit of yarn to string them up though as my bookshelf where I currently have them set seems to be getting a bit cramped. Getting cards from friends and family and trying to figure out where to put them is one thing I won't ever grumble about.

Awesome free day too Sky. Hee..gotta love it! What'd they close the State offices for? Doesnt sound like the weather was the culprit...

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Thank you to Rocky, Sky, samcarterrules (Julia), NC, EvenstarSRV, Kat and Hisg1fans!!

I love opening my tiny little mail box and seeing the overflowing, abundance of cards. Much better than the alternative bills any day! *nodnod*

I must think of finding a bit of yarn to string them up though as my bookshelf where I currently have them set seems to be getting a bit cramped. Getting cards from friends and family and trying to figure out where to put them is one thing I won't ever grumble about.

Awesome free day too Sky. Hee..gotta love it! What'd they close the State offices for? Doesnt sound like the weather was the culprit...
          I'm glad you got my card Cel, and remember to told on to that coin, it's supposed to bring good luck.

Comment

Right now, its still trying to snow and the wind has picked up substantially. Typical for the area I live in though. It's not really a blizzard as the snow isnt much, but it has gotten even nippier outside. Temperature atm is 23F. Good thing I have a nice stock of hot chocolate to carry me through. With miniature marshmallows. Nom.
            Clinks hot cocoa cups with Cel.

Comment

Happy birthday Eileen!!!

Hope you're having a good time in Berlin (right?)
              sigpic

Comment

the weather was the culprit. round here it wasn't that bad, but just 40-50 miles away they had over a foot of snow, plus all the blowing and drifting
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And the win goes to Circular!

Hellooooooo....-32 here and we're walking.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    So you are saying it is a little bitter there then?

Comment

What a woman!

Is that with or without the wind chill? (not that it really matters when you're in it).

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hey everyone,

Just a quick to thank Nearly Circular, Sky, KatJoy, Cel, Ames, Scifithinker and Rocky for the beautiful Christmas cards!

OT Why I've not been posting much...

Spoiler:
                        I've been in rehearsals for panto that's why I'm not posting much right now. The run starts on Thursday for 9 days, hehe I'm excitedly nervous. So will try and come here when I can over the next week and a bit. But just wanted to let you all know why I'm quite on the posting front, and that I'm OK.

Oh and no snow here either, I'm glad b/c my wheels don't like snow lol.

(((((((((((Samanda))))))))))))))
                        Best of luck with the panto!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/NearlyCircular/Birthday%20Cakes/HappyBirthdaynzneep.jpg
                        Happy birthday! Hope it's a great one.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Blizzard conditions here today, but not too cold--yet--only in the 20s. Keep your fingers crossed for me and others that we keep our power. Power outages are becoming an issue in some areas.
                        *fingers crossed*

No blizzards here, but we've got 50-70 mph gusts that are making the lights flicker.

Yay it got there!

I'm all stocked up on hot chocolate, hot cider, and lots of chai to get me through the winter.

Re relative weather, I got a laugh when I visited India in December a few years ago. We were having an outdoor party for my birthday and with the temperature still around 70 F, everyone else was pulling on their sweaters, gloves, and hats. Of course conversely, they don't flinch when it gets over 110 F in the summer.

sigpic

Comment

And the win goes to Circular!

If it's a contest, I think we both agree that we'd rather not win.

Good thing I have a nice stock of hot chocolate to carry me through. With miniature marshmallows. Nom.
                          Thanks for reminding me - I need to stop and get mini marshmallows at the store. Hot chocolate just doesn't seem right without them (or if not marshmallows, then whipped cream)

NC

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Re relative weather, I got a laugh when I visited India in December a few years ago. We were having an outdoor party for my birthday and with the temperature still around 70 F, everyone else was pulling on their sweaters, gloves, and hats. Of course conversely, they don't flinch when it gets over 110 F in the summer.
                            ^^ Take note Jan, Mandy, Suse, Ann :

See!!!! I'm not the only one who gets cold when the temp drops below 24C (75F)

* looks at everyone's posts on cold weather*
                            * iz very glad I'm toasty and warm over here in Aus*
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              ^^ Take note Jan, Mandy, Suse, Ann :

See!!!! I'm not the only one who gets cold when the temp drops below 24C (75F)

* looks at everyone's posts on cold weather*
                              * iz very glad I'm toasty and warm over here in Aus*
                              Note taken.......*more odd ducks than just RoX about *

*trade ya for more of that heat RoX*

Hey we almost made it above freezing today......Heatwave.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                LOL! Yes, a wee bit bitter, just like me!

What a woman!

Is that with or without the wind chill? (not that it really matters when you're in it).

With windchill but you're right, it really doesn't matter.

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                                If it's a contest, I think we both agree that we'd rather not win.

NC
                                Excellent point.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X