Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Grrrrr! It won't let me see it. "You are from the UK" as if I didn't know!!

Miffed Mumsey.

Sorry for the double post but RealmofX posted this on another thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aALPaU3CM

Also, forgot to say Happy Birthday to Bucky and Falcon. Hope they are still around and OK.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      She ended that sentence with a preposition.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        <<waves to Res>>

So, anyone else think AT gets better every year? I've always enjoyed Sam, but the subtlety and emotion of Helen...

suse
        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Helen gives her more opportunity to show her acting skills.
        My thoughts after the premiere were along the lines of "no question that she's *the* star of this show."
        I agree, in just 2 seasons I've seen a Helen do a lot of things I never saw Sam do, break the rules for one, go crazy/lose control, get into a car chase and so on. Sam was always under control, that's what made her strong, Helen gets her strength from thinking outside the box, and not having to obey orders. I'm glad that with Amanda being one of the PTB she can make her own rules and terms for Helen and allow her to evolve freely with limit.

I look forward to seeing what happens every week on the show, and while Sam will always be my fave, Helen's moving up on my list, she's already 3rd, and has been that way since S1.

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
        I swear Amanda Tapping could play Mary, if there ever is another Nativity Movie made...she looks amazing here....

Spoiler:
        http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/staceyde/SanctuarySeason2.jpg
        Good thinking.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Nice article posted by parsifal in the Sanctuary thread:

http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Feature...9_sanctuary_GD

Sanctuary for Kids launches in November!
        Cool.

No idea what exactly this is about but the Space station is going to be having something they call Sanctuary and Beyond. Initial video clip including AT is here SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE PREMIERE OF SANCTUARY
        http://www.spacecast.com/shows/sanctuaryandbeyond.aspx
        Way cool.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        She ended that sentence with a preposition.
        That's a good one. She does that with her other tweets too.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i know. *nods*

makes me want to squeeze her again!

btw, i wonder what the premier's ratings numbers were?...
        Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
        I was just perusing the ratings thread earlier, and unless I missed something, no word yet?

Is there some magic site we can go to that would reveal the ratings?
        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i know the stargate ptb can have access to overnight ratings (like for premiers), but i don't know if that's only b/c mgm makes sure they get them.
        Sally, We all know that if you got your hands around her, you'd never let go.

As for the ratings, I'm sure we'll hear something soon, it's the way the system works.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        As of 9:16 p.m. Washington State time, ... 4435 followers.

Only 565 more to 5,000 ...
        4,542 As of right now.

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
        samcarterrules
        Gateworldrocky
        megynstacey
        celandinehobbit
        RealmOfX
        polrobin
        rderoch
        NZNeep
        amandatapping
        hedwiggins
        majorsal
        antoa315
        Suncrux SunKrux (no C sweetie)
        OrientalLilly
        JuliaHague
        AnneliesV
        Spacegirlnz ?
        MajorSamO

Greetings all :O How is everyone? It sure has been a WHILE... y'know, as in a few years or so... *cough*

Believe it or not, I do still lurk a couple times a week to try stay generally updated on things... but with the BRILLIANT, EPIC and LOVELY premiere of Sanctuary on Friday, and a recent re-launch into reading fanfics, I've been in the fandom mood!

Not only did I just join Twitter (I swore I wouldn't unless Amanda did... ack) but I have gone back a bit and fixed up my decades old fanfic "Death By Tea Mug" and will be posting the final chapter this week, AAAND written a new Sanctuary fic which is in the midst of editing.... so yeah, I thought i'd hop by and say "Hi" to everyone...

Now that Sanctuary is back, I might just be posting a bit more often (as in more than twice a year) to talk about how fantastic it will surely be. I've managed to get a few friends down here into it, and even had an entire season 1 marathon on Friday before watching the new ep - I'd forgotten how much FUN it is to geek out crazy styles with other people who appreciate, especially, the brilliance that is Amanda Tapping. WOW.

Ciao for Now!!!

MSam
        Welcome back, and good choice of words to use for your return.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        twupdate - i like

and totally, she is charm and class and sooooooooooooooooooo much more *huggles amanda*
        That she is.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          This early? What did you do, have turkey for breakfast?
          LOL - noooo, but large family necessitates the need for multiple dinners
          (Not that I'm complaining, of course!)
          Saturday my sis went to her future in-laws for dinner. Sunday my parents went to one aunt & uncle's place while I went to another's ... today we're having my sis and her fiance plus my grandparents over here
          Which reminds me ... definitely time to stop playing on here and start cleaning my room before anyone gets here. My grandmother isn't exactly the most subtle when it comes to criticising tidyness (or more accurately, the lack thereof)

I hope all my fellow Canucks, including AT of course, are enjoying their long weekend! Now off to pick up more laundry, do more tidying up ... and then, eat more turkey!!! Yay!!! LOL
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

First, for the fellow Canucks, InnerSpace is apparently having an episode to discuss the season opener of Sanctuary. For some reason it is on in the middle of the night (check your local listings).

Second, and this is hopefully for everyone, I hadn't seen this posted yet. It is from the Syfy site and WARNING, CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SEASON TWO including clips from a number of shows:

http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuar...laces/v1165232
            It includes discussion by AT, MW, DK and RD.

Comment

First, for the fellow Canucks, InnerSpace is apparently having an episode to discuss the season opener of Sanctuary. For some reason it is on in the middle of the night (check your local listings).

Second, and this is hopefully for everyone, I hadn't seen this posted yet. It is from the Syfy site and WARNING, CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SEASON TWO including clips from a number of shows:

Ohh, thanks for posting that!!
              Spoiler:
              Bollywooddancing
              sigpic

Comment

OK, is that the same InnerSpace BTS episode of Sanctaury we've already seen? If not it'll be on again a few more times tomorrow.

Thanks for the vid, I didn't watch it all, I just skimmed through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  OK, is that the same InnerSpace BTS episode of Sanctaury we've already seen? If not it'll be on again a few more times tomorrow.

Thanks for the vid, I didn't watch it all, I just skimmed through it.
                  I am not sure. Based on the description on my TV, it is different than the BTS special. I'm going to tape it and see.

Comment

I am not sure. Based on the description on my TV, it is different than the BTS special. I'm going to tape it and see.[/B]
                    And I'm also going to tape it and see, and if it is different, well we all know where it'll end up.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      Greetings all :O How is everyone? It sure has been a WHILE... y'know, as in a few years or so... *cough*

Believe it or not, I do still lurk a couple times a week to try stay generally updated on things... but with the BRILLIANT, EPIC and LOVELY premiere of Sanctuary on Friday, and a recent re-launch into reading fanfics, I've been in the fandom mood!

Not only did I just join Twitter (I swore I wouldn't unless Amanda did... ack) but I have gone back a bit and fixed up my decades old fanfic "Death By Tea Mug" and will be posting the final chapter this week, AAAND written a new Sanctuary fic which is in the midst of editing.... so yeah, I thought i'd hop by and say "Hi" to everyone...

Now that Sanctuary is back, I might just be posting a bit more often (as in more than twice a year) to talk about how fantastic it will surely be. I've managed to get a few friends down here into it, and even had an entire season 1 marathon on Friday before watching the new ep - I'd forgotten how much FUN it is to geek out crazy styles with other people who appreciate, especially, the brilliance that is Amanda Tapping. WOW.

Ciao for Now!!!

MSam
                      Welcome back!!!

One thing, I tried to add you on twitter but it said there was no one with that name. anyone know why it would say that?
                      Happy Birthday guys! Hope you both had great fun!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Someone cut together all the RDA and AT parts from the SGU pilot on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZdeQCfCbM

Thanks! So none of the new people meet up with Sam?

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to Canada!

Hi to MajorSam! Great to see you back!

Happy Monday--one day closer to Friday and the next Sanctuary episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

[CENTER]Happy Birthday to Falcon 304 and Bucky!
                            Hope your both having an amazing day!
                            Ditto!

Sweet! Thanks for posting!

Spoiler:
                            I think I'm going to die of laughter when we finally get to see Will's dancing!! (says the person who has danced to Bollywood music on the streets of Mumbai)

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Thanks! So none of the new people meet up with Sam?
                            Spoiler:

No, Jack is the only one that directly interacts with the new cast. Eli, Rush, and Chloe are all on the Hammond at one point, but we never see them interacting with Sam. Too bad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

Welcome back!!!

One thing, I tried to add you on twitter but it said there was no one with that name. anyone know why it would say that?

Julia(samcarterrules)

It's MajorSamO, not MajorSam... (it told me it was taken :|) Maybe that's why??

PS, Happy Thanksgiving Canada! My fellow misplaced Vancouverite friend and I went to some Diner for a wannabe Thanksgiving brunch, then bought a pie from the store... haha. Alas...

UPDATE: I watched End of Nights this morning... then I just watched it "with my mom" as in we talked on Skype while each watching it. (It was her first viewing) Then I just turned on SyFy, and lo-and-behold, it's just started again! *sigh* what a day...
                              Last edited by MajorSam; 12 October 2009, 03:07 PM.
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                Thx Daivy!
                                *is *still* too full of turkey and oodles of veg in various permutations and pumpkin pie with whipped cream to bounce properly *
                                WOT? No Blue Jello????

Mumsey (Up far too late for an old 'un. Nighty night, Kids)
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X