No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday about the Final cut version of CotG as I sat there waiting for the usual credits to roll was the message that flashed onscreen prior and made me pause. This newer version is dedicated in memory of Don S. Davis which I thought was entirely awesome. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nintendos View Post
      I'm going to the con in Melbourne in October with Amanda Tapping headlining. Can't wait!!! Completely worth getting over my fear of flying for!
      Congrats! Great you will be conquering your fear!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

I've got some free time tonight, so I can give transcribing the panel a shot if anyone's interested.

I believe the MacGyver reference in COTG was an adlib by AT, the script had jerry-rig, I think. I'm also sad that the recut version doesn't have that line, I got a big kick out of it when I first saw the episode.
        Well, I, for one, would love to see a transcript!

I liked the MacGyver line too and am disapointed that its gone in the new version.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

I liked the MacGyver line too and am disapointed that its gone in the new version.
          In the audio commentary Wright mentioned that the MacGyver line was put in for the fans. Why then did he take it out on something that he expected the fans to buy - and then comment on it!! Shows how much he thinks of the fans eh?

Mumsey
          (Who's never forgiven him for the lousy way he treated us when he promised outtakes on Wormhole Extreme.)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nintendos View Post
            I'm going to the con in Melbourne in October with Amanda Tapping headlining. Can't wait!!! Completely worth getting over my fear of flying for!
            That's awesome, and congrats for conquering your fear of flying!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I liked it too--and not just b/c the MacGyver reference was cute. It really showed Sam's amazement and enthusiasm about the DHD (iirc).
            Yeah, as a big MacGyver fan I adored that reference, but seeing Sam's eyes light up in delight about the DHD was wonderful. Same for her expression when she first went through the gate.

I think it's neat how even though that enthusiasm was understandably tempered over the years, Sam can still get kinda goofily excited about things, like in Crusade about the Ancient device still working, or in Continuum about the moonbase.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            One thing I forgot to mention yesterday about the Final cut version of CotG as I sat there waiting for the usual credits to roll was the message that flashed onscreen prior and made me pause. This newer version is dedicated in memory of Don S. Davis which I thought was entirely awesome. He will be missed.
            That is awesome, a nice thought on BW's part.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              In the audio commentary Wright mentioned that the MacGyver line was put in for the fans. Why then did he take it out on something that he expected the fans to buy - and then comment on it!! Shows how much he thinks of the fans eh?

Mumsey
              (Who's never forgiven him for the lousy way he treated us when he promised outtakes on Wormhole Extreme.)

I haven't watched the movie yet but did listen to the commentary. I did not understand his explanation at all for why the line was removed (not that it was deleted entirely but it was changed back to jerry-rig). I liked his explanation on a lot of the changes but still don't know why this was changed. They continued to use pop culture references throughout SG1, Atlantis and the movies. So why delete this one?

BTW, found it funny that RDA did not remember so many things, it was like he wasn't there for the filming!

I don't remember (or didn't hear about) the outtakes on WE.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Some nice words from David Hewlett:
                I’m now able to sit down and work on my own show, my own show entirely owned by MGM… (laughs) well- I get to put my mark on it. Amanda Tapping is an inspiration to me, the way she put together Sanctuary. She could easily have coasted. She had absolutely no need to throw herself into the production of her own show, but she did. Those are the kind of people who appeal to me. She works so hard at everything that she does, so it’s great to see that all come to fruition. Plus I want to be on the show, so I’m sucking up!

She seems to be lining up a few Stargate alumni for that one.
                It’s a smart move. There’s a lot of Stargate fans, and they’re very loyal.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2009/...ords-a-minute/

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I don't remember (or didn't hear about) the outtakes on WE.
                  On several interviews prior to the airing of WE he hinted strongly that because the fans had been clamouring for out takes and bloopers, he had put some in at the end of the episode. When we finally got to see it, they were scripted Wormhole Extreme gags (and not very funny ones either). As you can see, I am still smarting from that one.

Mumsey
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

bloopers would have been great, because most people don't realize just how much goes into making teh show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      I’m now able to sit down and work on my own show, my own show entirely owned by MGM… (laughs) well- I get to put my mark on it. Amanda Tapping is an inspiration to me, the way she put together Sanctuary. She could easily have coasted. She had absolutely no need to throw herself into the production of her own show, but she did. Those are the kind of people who appeal to me. She works so hard at everything that she does, so it’s great to see that all come to fruition. Plus I want to be on the show, so I’m sucking up!

...oh that is just brilliant. Oh man...I so wish I could work with all of these awesome people. David is just amazing...he's the male version of Amanda IMHO.
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      bloopers would have been great, because most people don't realize just how much goes into making teh show
                      Or how funny it is when the stuff/goof up...and it also shows how normal they are too...they are just like us and make mistakes too.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

yeah, and with as many people confuse actor and character, it'd give them a chance to see the actors as just people
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just watched the Sanctuary comic con panel... heee! I remember when Damian posted on Facebook that Amanda had his car I'm really glad Amanda didn't move away from the camera for her chipmunk LOLs
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Aww, that so nice . He was a great man.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                            I don't know, but it's the MacGyver line that bugs me, it's Sam's reproductive organs line, I still think it should have been kept in. As for Brad thing, I like him, he seems like a nice guy, it's JM that I'm not to fond of.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            That's awesome, and congrats for conquering your fear of flying!

Yeah, as a big MacGyver fan I adored that reference, but seeing Sam's eyes light up in delight about the DHD was wonderful. Same for her expression when she first went through the gate.

I think it's neat how even though that enthusiasm was understandably tempered over the years, Sam can still get kinda goofily excited about things, like in Crusade about the Ancient device still working, or in Continuum about the moonbase.

That is awesome, a nice thought on BW's part.
                            See, I like those scenes the way they were, I don't mind them editing out Sam's lines or whatever, it's taking things out that bugs me. And yeah, I love those 2 Sam moments too .

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            ...oh that is just brilliant. Oh man...I so wish I could work with all of these awesome people. David is just amazing...he's the male version of Amanda IMHO.
                            I agree Chelle, I didn't know David said that those very nice and sweet things about Amanda until I clicked on the link, what a nice guy . I have got so much more respect for him , you know what? I'm going to try and meet him one day too .

And Chelle, I suppose he could be the male Amanda, expect she's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more better looking, and smarter, and cooler, and funnier...... *an hour later*.... and a much harder worker . but other than that I suppose he could be the male Amanda.

Or how funny it is when the stuff/goof up...and it also shows how normal they are too...they are just like us and make mistakes too.
                            And I agree on that, it only shows how human they are and how the have a fun time .

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Just watched the Sanctuary comic con panel... heee! I remember when Damian posted on Facebook that Amanda had his car I'm really glad Amanda didn't move away from the camera for her chipmunk LOLs
                            I loved her chipmunk laughs in the vid, and her "ahhhhhhh: . I'll post a little thing about the vid tomorrow maybe .

Comment

Just watched the Sanctuary Panel for the fifth time...Amanda Tapping is so cute...she almost looks nervous...she definitely is shocked to see the response of people in the crowd...she definitely under-estimated Sanctuary's success....wooooohooooooooooooooooo...

AMANDA TAPPING ROCKS...........SANCTUARY TEAM ROCKS....

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                              Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Welcome! It's great to see more AT fans appearing here. Have you seen Sanctuary?
                                Hey. I saw Sanctuary , yes. I love that show. Mandy is awesome there .
                                Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                                / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Working...
                                X