Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
    Just watched the Sanctuary Panel for the fifth time...Amanda Tapping is so cute...she almost looks nervous...she definitely is shocked to see the response of people in the crowd...she definitely under-estimated Sanctuary's success....wooooohooooooooooooooooo...

AMANDA TAPPING ROCKS...........SANCTUARY TEAM ROCKS....
    I loved the Panel so much, Amanda was awesome , I loved her little walk up the steps, and the look she gave Robin and Martin when they were talking when she was trying to talk . I'm very happy for her and the show, and to tell you the truth, even I under-estimated Sanctuary's success-- just a little bit .

Oh, and yes, AMANDA ROCKS, SANCTUARY ROCKS, EVERYONE ROCKS!

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
    Hey. I saw Sanctuary , yes. I love that show. Mandy is awesome there .
    I thought you were talking about the user Mandy, not Amanda . But you made a mistake in your post, Amanda isn't just awesome there, she's awesome EVERYWHERE!

Do you think that there will be a transkript for this vid from Comic Con ( Sanctuary Panel ) ?
    This isn't a transcript, but it's a very accurate article- Comic-Con Update 2009 - Sanctuary

And here's where you can download the panel, an other AT vids- http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...833879Sr9p3WPA

You have to make an accont first, but it's worth it, and it's free .

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    As to the AT birthday messages, yeah there seems to be an issue with the site. I've e-mailed Kamil at an alternative e-mail that i have and also e-mailed an acquaintance of his. No response yet. Keep saving the messages, we'll get it figured out.

One good thing about the early birds in getting their messages in, we found out that there's a problem early in the process
    yeah, we have plenty of time.

Sometimes communications take a bit, Kamil is in the UK last i knew, so there's that 6 hour difference, and he's often busy doing things so it can take a bit.

but, on the upside, we have plenty of time to figure things out
    Oh good, I actually haven't sent my letter yet, so I can still work on it, I'm sure you'll let us know when it's working . I still don't know what to say, I mean it took me 3 weeks to come up with that audio letter, and 3 hours to say it probably, I tried like 60 times to sound just right and the one I used was my best one . I still sounded hokey though .

I would like to send Birthday Message to Amanda too :-)
    The more the better . Last year when we made her those audio birthday messages, we actually made her cry , we had no intention of bringing tears to her eyes, but they were tears of joy . She still found it hard to believe people do these things for her, but it's because she does a lot for us .

Yes. May Mandy will read this thread.. but her birthday day will be at 28.8.2009 . So it is a month later. I will make a wall or something for her ...
    She used to read this thread and come by GW (I think) but I don't think some meanies scared her away .

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      I love DH! I think he could be an Amanda fan himself.
      Julia(samcarterrules)
      Everyone who meets Amanda becomes a fan of Amanda.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Your wish is my command...
      Spoiler:

September:
      * Suave and compromising
      * Careful, cautious and organised
      * Likes to point out people´s mistakes
      * Likes to criticize
      * Quiet but able to talk well
      * Calm and cool
      * Kind and sympathetic
      * Concerned and detailed
      * Trustworthy, loyal and honest
      * Does work well
      * Sensitive
      * Thinking
      * Good memory
      * Clever and knowledgeable
      * Loves to look for information
      * Must control oneself when criticising
      * Able to motivate oneself
      * Understanding
      * Secretive
      * Loves sports, leisure and travelling
      * Hardly shows emotions
      * Tends to bottle up feelings
      * Choosy especially in relationships
      * Loves wide things

Her bday is close enough to September, I think she picked up some of those traits, too. Definitely the memory. The woman has a mind like a vault.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.
        I've been watching the new version and have to agree with VSS. I think it is a much better introduction to the Sam character.

I also listened again to the explanation about deleting the MacGyver line. BW said "why reference two series ago" and it was RDA who actually said it was put in for the audience. I still think it was a funnier line.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

I thought you were talking about the user Mandy, not Amanda .
          Especially because I don't think Amanda likes the nickname Mandy. I believe she told RDA when they met not to call her that.

Very nice that they dedicated BW's version of COTG to DSD. I will still view the one we first saw as the "real" one, with this one as another version.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I also listened again to the explanation about deleting the MacGyver line. BW said "why reference two series ago" and it was RDA who actually said it was put in for the audience. I still think it was a funnier line.
            And it makes total sense to say b/c MacGyver has become such a common reference. I think it was that new show "Royal Pains" where one character said to another when he was jerryrigging something: "who are you? MacGyver?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Especially because I don't think Amanda likes the nickname Mandy. I believe she told RDA when they met not to call her that.

Very nice that they dedicated BW's version of COTG to DSD. I will still view the one we first saw as the "real" one, with this one as another version.
              In an interview she was quoting her grandmother and said "Mandy, ......". So, apparently her grandma called her that. I have a feeling it was a special nickname and doesn't feel right coming from anyone else.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

i thought the story was, when they met for rehersals, rick said 'so, can i call you baby' or babe

and she replied 'sure, if i can call you dick'

and that's when they knew that the two could work well together

Although it is very possible that Mandy is reserved for someone special, because, in all the interviews, etc, i have NEVER heard her referred to that way
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why do I keep getting the feeling I'm being talked about?

I also heard that Amanda doesn't like being called Mandy
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I declared when I was 2 that my name was 'Amanda' and no one should ever call me 'Mandy' again. So I get her adversion to that nick name (if she indeed has one). Can we please just not use it here. Besides the fact that it isn't her name, any use of nick names implies a familiarity that fans do not have and frankly, makes me uncomfortable.

Comment

Your wish is my command...
                      Spoiler:

September:
                      * Suave and compromising
                      * Careful, cautious and organised
                      * Likes to point out people´s mistakes
                      * Likes to criticize
                      * Quiet but able to talk well
                      * Calm and cool
                      * Kind and sympathetic
                      * Concerned and detailed
                      * Trustworthy, loyal and honest
                      * Does work well
                      * Sensitive
                      * Thinking
                      * Good memory
                      * Clever and knowledgeable
                      * Loves to look for information
                      * Must control oneself when criticising
                      * Able to motivate oneself
                      * Understanding
                      * Secretive
                      * Loves sports, leisure and travelling
                      * Hardly shows emotions
                      * Tends to bottle up feelings
                      * Choosy especially in relationships
                      * Loves wide things

I use Windows Live (hotmail) so I'll give it a shot...see how I go...be right back!

Ok...I got a failure to send message as well...I'm thinking it's gotta be on Kamil's end...not sure what to do. Sorry ladies...looks like we're all in the same boat.
                      On that note...I'm off to do stuff! Night all!! Take care!!
                      (((Samandans)))
                      thanks chelle and again, eerie, because the majority of those things i can relate too

As to the AT birthday messages, yeah there seems to be an issue with the site. I've e-mailed Kamil at an alternative e-mail that i have and also e-mailed an acquaintance of his. No response yet. Keep saving the messages, we'll get it figured out.

One good thing about the early birds in getting their messages in, we found out that there's a problem early in the process
                      thanks sky fingers crossed we can send our messages soon...

"Life or Something Like It" is on the tv...Amanda will be on our tv and not on a dvd...on the actual tv!! Yep...I'm happy!! Thought I'd just say!
                      when?????

i thought the story was, when they met for rehersals, rick said 'so, can i call you baby' or babe

Although it is very possible that Mandy is reserved for someone special, because, in all the interviews, etc, i have NEVER heard her referred to that way
                      lol, thats classic
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey fellow samandas! I was just wondering...in Amanda's most recent interview for GW (and the first vid interview incidentally for GW) she mentioned a movie called Water's Edge which she said she was interested in. Has anyone else heard anything more about this? Anything on the recent Sanctuary panel at Comic Con perhaps?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Amanda did an interview for a British show called T4 a few years back where the host asked if he could call her Mandy. She turned him down flat. She was cute about it, but there was absolutely no doubt that it's a no no in her book.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

there we go, 'proof' that it's not a nick that she likes so.....not a nick that we'll use.

besides, we got our own Mandy
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              Everyone who meets Amanda becomes a fan of Amanda.
                              It's like protocol, or like rules .

1. Fan meets Amanda.

2. Fan loves Amanda.

3. Fan tried to meet Amanda again.

Her bday is close enough to September, I think she picked up some of those traits, too. Definitely the memory. The woman has a mind like a vault.
                              Amanda is one of the great marvels of the world .

Amanda doesn't like something?

I know there's things she doesn't like, like business side of Sanctuary, she's human after all .

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              In an interview she was quoting her grandmother and said "Mandy, ......". So, apparently her grandma called her that. I have a feeling it was a special nickname and doesn't feel right coming from anyone else.
                              Really, what interview was that?

That does sound like Rick , and I can see CJ saying that too . It seems Amanda was a lot tougher back in 97, now she's just a wimp .

(((Amanda)))

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              I declared when I was 2 that my name was 'Amanda' and no one should ever call me 'Mandy' again. So I get her adversion to that nick name (if she indeed has one). Can we please just not use it here. Besides the fact that it isn't her name, any use of nick names implies a familiarity that fans do not have and frankly, makes me uncomfortable.
                              It's a little different with me, last week my boss asked me what he call me (after 5 years ) he asked if I like to be called 'Michael', 'Mike' or 'Mikey', and I don't really care, I like all 3 . In fact, one time a family member was at my store, and he heard the girls call me 3 times for price checks, and they all called me by 'Michael', 'Mike' or 'Mikey'. And he actually asked me why, I don't him it's all good . There are some nicknames of mine I don't like, but I can't stand when people call me by first and last name at the same time, it bugs me.
                              Last edited by Rocky89; 04 August 2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                Amanda did an interview for a British show called T4 a few years back where the host asked if he could call her Mandy. She turned him down flat. She was cute about it, but there was absolutely no doubt that it's a no no in her book.
                                there we go, 'proof' that it's not a nick that she likes so.....not a nick that we'll use.

besides, we got our own Mandy
                                Here's that interview - Amanda Tapping in T4 UK Go to 09:20

I remember the interview, but not that part. I loved Amanda's "no" and the sound effect in there . But yeah Sky I agree, if Amanda doesn't want to be called that, then we won't call her that .

Comment

Working...
                                X