Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
    2. Fantasy
    3. Flowery
    4. Art Deco
    5. Unusual
    6. Totally Whacked Out!

I'm going to go for the flowery one as it's bright and cheerful and it's what i think Sam and Jack would be feeling after waiting so long for their special day!
    ......TARA......

Comment

i've been going around the forum, looking to see what's going on outside my two beloved threads... and i've come to release i'm... not interested in anything BUT sam and s/j ship! i laugh, but it's really not funny.

i don't care about the first five eps, so i can't rejoice about spoilers. i'm not interested in daniel jackson or daniel/vala. i'm not interested in vala. i'm slightly interested in mitchell, even outside of my sam/mitchell/team leader issues. i really like beau bridges. and louis gossett jr. i'm in love with jack/rda, and he'll be gone. i'm not a farscape fan, so i can't get excited about these actors being on the show. i'm also not into atlantis... see where i'm going? out of ALL of what's going on right now, i basically don't give a darn except for sam carter/amanda tapping. i've never went through this before, so it sucks.

to get back to the topic of this thread --

spoilers for s9

i wonder what the scene will be like when sam just 'walks through the door' in her return in beach head?

what will sam's relationship with mitchell be like?

did teal'c and daniel refuse to officially rejoin sg1 without sam?

will sam and vala like and respect each other? (i hope they do)

will sam like landry's leadership?

will sam command sg1?

will sam still be in the military?

does sam get infected with the plague in 'the fourth horsemen'?

will sam have a scene with baal in ex deus machina?

in 'the fourth horseman', what does 'Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain' mean for sam carter?

in 'the fourth horseman, orlin's mind comes under attack by the supernatural powers of the Ori; will this happen to sam as well?

what is sam's future with the sg1?

what is sam's future with sgc?

what is my future with this show?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

A bit OT from the cake discussion, but I got such a giggle from tonight’s Sci-Fi rerun of Forsaken. I had forgotten this was the episode with the telescope scene. It always makes me grin because Jack gets caught when he should have known better – since he loves his telescope stargazing hobby. And Sam can hardly contain herself.

Jack walks up to Sam who is fiddling with a telescope.

JACK: Lots of interesting nebulous things going on?
        SAM: Yes Sir.
        Jack looks into the telescope.
        JACK: I don’t see squat.
        SAM: You wouldn’t Sir, during the day.

Jack abruptly stands up.
        SAM: When the local suns sets and it gets dark, you can actually see a luminous layer of ionized gas around the dying core expanding.
        JACK: Fascinating.
        SAM: You don’t care

JACK: Hey, I like gas as much as the next guy.
        SAM: Five hours to darkness, Sir.
        (I *love* Sam's laugh in the last pic. )
        Last edited by SamFan31; 30 June 2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          A bit OT from the cake discussion, but I got such a giggle from tonight’s Sci-Fi rerun of Forsaken. I had forgotten this was the episode with the telescope scene. It always makes me grin because Jack gets caught when he should have known better – since he loves his telescope stargazing hobby. And Sam can hardly contain herself.

Jack abruptly stands up.
          SAM: When the local suns sets and it gets dark, you can actually see a luminous layer of ionized gas around the dying core expanding.
          Jack: Fascinating.

ROFL

Classic Jack and Sam interchange. I missed tonight's episode, so I thank you for the trip back through memory lane. I forgot just how funny that scene was. Pics were terrific too. I have got to get into screen capture.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I don't think there's enough money in the world to help me look this good, but we can dream can't we??? I have to admit, she's just so gosh darn purdy it makes me smile every time I look at her.
            amanda's got this universal appeal that's popular with men AND woman. in this, she reminds me of doris day. a beautiful woman that men wanted and woman wanted to be like. and amanda's got this, ten fold!

i acutally think i sometimes live through amanda as well as sam. when amanda did this photo shoot, i was squeeing. i'd never seen her look so sexy... and in some ways, it was like it was *me* that had done the photo shoot and looked this gorgeous. and when amanda knocks everyone's socks off at a con -being her usual funny and heart warming self- it's almost like *i* was the one on stage wowing everyone.

btw, i'd LOVE for amanda to do some doris day/sex romp movies, like 'pillow talk' and 'lover come back'. i could see her shine and have super fun in this element. and i'd *love* if her leading man in those movies would be rda! (they have great chemistry together to me)

k, i'm losing my train of thought (since i've went and done a few things in between paragraphs )

quickly, though - what actors would you like to see as amanda's leading men?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i've been going around the forum, looking to see what's going on outside my two beloved threads... and i've come to release i'm... not interested in anything BUT sam and s/j ship! i laugh, but it's really not funny.

i don't care about the first five eps, so i can't rejoice about spoilers. i'm not interested in daniel jackson or daniel/vala. i'm not interested in vala. i'm slightly interested in mitchell, even outside of my sam/mitchell/team leader issues. i really like beau bridges. and louis gossett jr. i'm in love with jack/rda, and he'll be gone. i'm not a farscape fan, so i can't get excited about these actors being on the show. i'm also not into atlantis... see where i'm going? out of ALL of what's going on right now, i basically don't give a darn except for sam carter/amanda tapping. i've never went through this before, so it sucks.

spoilers for s9

Think you asked enough questions Sal? LOL

i wonder what the scene will be like when sam just 'walks through the door' in her return in beach head? Magical, for us Sam lovers. Alas, as TPTB have written it, I'm not expecting anything special.

what will sam's relationship with mitchell be like? I think they will be very compatible. I don't really forsee any conflict between the two and definitely NO ship!

did teal'c and daniel refuse to officially rejoin sg1 without sam? I don't really know. Perhaps they were so caught up in their own new lives, they didn't feel the need to return, until they heard Sam would be rejoining the team. Just a thought...

will sam and vala like and respect each other? (i hope they do) I hope they do also, and as Sam is not only very intelligent, she is a great people person, I think she will make every effort to be friends with Vala. As for Vala, I don't know enough about her, but I picture her character more of a male oriented one.

will sam like landry's leadership? Yes, I think she will. She just lost her Dad, and I think Landry will come across as a stern father figure. I don't think he'll have cuddly moments, but he will be fair and very concerned about his lead team.

will sam command sg1? I won't even try to answer that one...we'll just have to wait and hope.

will sam still be in the military? Yes, I think she will. She is a scientist, but she also loves the adventure the military life allows her.

does sam get infected with the plague in 'the fourth horsemen'? Oh gee, I never thought of that. I hope not, but if Orlin is returning, it may mean it is because Sam needs him.

will sam have a scene with baal in ex deus machina? Another great question. I hope so, as I'd love to see the interaction between the two again. She doesn't take any lip from him.

in 'the fourth horseman', what does 'Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain' mean for sam carter? Again, I haven't a clue. Won't even attempt to answer. I'll leave that one in far better hands.

in 'the fourth horseman, orlin's mind comes under attack by the supernatural powers of the Ori; will this happen to sam as well? Wow, great questions Sal. I don't know enough about the Ori to answer that intelligently. I've tried to stay away from specific spoilers (concerning Sam).

what is sam's future with the sg1? I have no idea. Guess it will depend on whether AT wishes to continue after this season, if there is a season 10.

what is sam's future with sgc? Well, if AT doesn't want to continue full time, she might "take" a scientific position at the SGC, and have guest star status. As much as I would like her remain in SG-1, I realize she has a family now, and considering her age, she may want another child, and if that is the case, she would probably start trying to conceive soon. (Conjecture on my part)

what is my future with this show? I have NO idea. It will depend on how season 9 plays out. If the fans accept the loss of RDA and can move on, with a new cast and new enemies, Stargate could be around for a few more years. (That's my hope, but only if the quality of the show remains high.) If Sam remains, I would hope you will remain also. In addition, I was a fan of Farscape, so I ask you to give Ben Browder a try. You may be very pleasantly surprised. He is mature, yet retains a boyish charm and has a wicked sense of humor.

sally
              Hope my answers to your questions showed up. I never tried this before.
              Last edited by Lida; 30 June 2005, 10:14 PM.
              On fighting:

Comment

amanda's got this universal appeal that's popular with men AND woman. in this, she reminds me of doris day. a beautiful woman that men wanted and woman wanted to be like. and amanda's got this, ten fold!

i acutally think i sometimes live through amanda as well as sam. when amanda did this photo shoot, i was squeeing. i'd never seen her look so sexy... and in some ways, it was like it was *me* that had done the photo shoot and looked this gorgeous. and when amanda knocks everyone's socks off at a con -being her usual funny and heart warming self- it's almost like *i* was the one on stage wowing everyone.

btw, i'd LOVE for amanda to do some doris day/sex romp movies, like 'pillow talk' and 'lover come back'. i could see her shine and have super fun in this element. and i'd *love* if her leading man in those movies would be rda! (they have great chemistry together to me)

k, i'm losing my train of thought (since i've went and done a few things in between paragraphs )

sally
                Majorsal , you are so on track. I never thought about Doris Day but thinking more on it , you are right. AT has that "it" that makes her the girl next door. She beauty, grace, and a knock out out smile. She is funny and very intellegent which is a powerful combination.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...akenPanel1.jpg

Jack abruptly stands up.
                  JACK: Fascinating.
                  http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...akenPanel2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...akenPanel3.jpg
                  thank you for sharing those pics. I too forgot this was on tonight. Sam's smile is so amazing. Can I save those pics to my Photobucket , that is when it is working again.

Comment

spoilers for s9

i wonder what the scene will be like when sam just 'walks through the door' in her return in beach head?
                    Sam being a professional it will be business as usual.

what will sam's relationship with mitchell be like?
                    They will be as equals

did teal'c and daniel refuse to officially rejoin sg1 without sam?
                    Teal'c would have started with the Jaffa group. And Daniel would be helping the new team because he too is a professional.

will sam and vala like and respect each other? (i hope they do)
                    I think they will respect each other

will sam like landry's leadership?
                    Sam, I think won't mind it either was since Jack choice landry

will sam command sg1?
                    By all account Sam and no one else should lead SG1. Maybe Teal'c or Daniel could as well but no other

will sam still be in the military?
                    [I]She might be there in the beginning but won't be there for long.[/I]

does sam get infected with the plague in 'the fourth horsemen'?
                    She might cause that might bring Jack back into the picture

will sam have a scene with baal in ex deus machina?
                    Hope they do cause they have a good play on words. Not unless if Jack is there then it should be Jack and Baal.

in 'the fourth horseman', what does 'Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain' mean for sam carter?
                    Emotional strain .... brings Sam's love for Jack out open

in 'the fourth horseman, orlin's mind comes under attack by the supernatural powers of the Ori; will this happen to sam as well?

what is sam's future with the sg1?
                    She heads SG1

what is sam's future with sgc?
                    If she stays in the military, she could one day be Gen. Carter and head SGC

what is my future with this show?
                    My future ... Sam be a strong personality. The ship. Jack. I will be watching the show religiously

sally
                    oh Sally so many good questions you pose.

Well like you I am not a SGA or Farscape fan. I do not care of the new add ons to S9. In GW, I live and breathe on Sam site, Ship site and of course RDA thunk site. I visit Mala's W and my own filipino thread. Any thing else does not really give me a thrill.
                    Last edited by gatebee; 30 June 2005, 10:33 PM.

Comment

sally
                      You are so on tonight Sal. AT would be a perfect "girl next door" type, with loads of quiet sex appeal. I think I could see her with various British actors, like Pierce Brosnan, Hugh (oh darn, I'm blanking on his name...starred with Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice), and Rupert (I'm losing it, I can't remember his last name either...FOO!). I can't see her with Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe, no way, no how. If she does decide to give the big screen a try, I hope she finds just the right script and co-star. I'll pay to see her.

I think I've hogged the thread enough for one night.

Thanks for the great questions and comments, everyone!
                      On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        thank you for sharing those pics. I too forgot this was on tonight. Sam's smile is so amazing. Can I save those pics to my Photobucket , that is when it is working again.
                        Of course! Save away....

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                          So then, where can I get hold of some of this mediocre, male-oriented, crass merchandising?

Whoops, sorry, another brief attack of Foot In Mouth Disease there. Think it must be this unusually warm weather we're having that's making me a bit frisky. I've no doubt the Royal Accountant will take great delight in providing a suitably cold shower before our next Stargate viewing session on Saturday.

And thanks to sg-1fanintn for the lovely flowers, unfortunately they've set my hay-fever off again - if anyone sees tsaxlady, could you ask her to let me have the tissues back please? Ta very much.

But at least I can still make out the delightful features and vibrant expressions of our Queen through my streaming eyes. Great pics Kat and Sally!!!

And finally, before I go and find a cool, dark room to hide away in, good luck Atteria, hope all goes well.

1s4S
                          One Box of Tissue coming up
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            You are so on tonight Sal. AT would be a perfect "girl next door" type, with loads of quiet sex appeal. I think I could see her with various British actors, like Pierce Brosnan, Hugh (oh darn, I'm blanking on his name...starred with Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice), and Rupert (I'm losing it, I can't remember his last name either...FOO!). I can't see her with Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe, no way, no how. If she does decide to give the big screen a try, I hope she finds just the right script and co-star. I'll pay to see her.

I think I've hogged the thread enough for one night.

Thanks for the great questions and comments, everyone!
                            Oo OOOH! I vote for Rupert! He is so cute!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i go for 3, cause it'd be a small special occasion. i see a guest less of less than 50, possibly as small as 30

neither of them have the time to plan something large and ostentatous. small and intimate is the way to go
                              My vote goes to cake no. 6 (Totally Whacked Out!).

But as Sky has already pointed out, you might as well make it a small one - no doubt various guests will be eliminated in the cross-fire before everybody finally gets to live happily ever after.

Thanks for the tissues sg-1fanintn and tsaxlady. Think I'm going to need 'em...

And thanks for the banner CG, though it's not quite what I had in mind. Would you understand me if I said "Andrex puppy"?

1s4S

Comment

I made my weekly trip to Best Buy today and was browsing in the Box sets when I saw Amanda Tapping list on the front of a DVD. They have released the new Outer Limits on DVD. You can buy either the box set or they are selling them as individual DVD's. The one titled "Mutation & Transformation" has the episode "The Joining" on it, this is the episode that AT started in along with C. Thomas Howell. My local Best Buy had it on sale for $9.99 - since I had never seen this episode I picked up the DVD. Not much in the way of extras on the DVD - there are 6 episodes on the DVD.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X