Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have many stamps saved either. Most of my bills are paid online and what does come in the mail as 'fun mail' is just a handful. I blame technology for my lack. What with email, texting and the like, snail mail hasnt been very popular with me lately. I have been asking friends to save what they can so hopefully I'll have a bit to donate as well.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i know i have only a couple dozen, and most of those came from the christmas card exchange.
    I won't have very many either. I don't get that much mail and most of what i get is business reply mail, so no stamps
    I guess that with all our combined effort though, no matter how many or few we can collect, the end result will be that we have helped contribute to the stamp collection thing. And that's more important than worrying about who gets the most or least! Every little bit counts!
    Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Loving all the pics I'm seeing from Comic Con of Amanda! Can she ever take a bad pic?
    Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Never seen one yet,
    Shock horror but I have to say that I have seen a pic or two of Amanda that were not so flattering. BUT...I don't expect perfection fro her all the time...that just wouldn't be fair!
    Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Never seen one yet, and I'm sorry for the blonde Amanda fans, but I really think that the dark hair suits her more.
    FF
    You now what...I love the dark hair and I think it's really grown on me...almost quite literally. My dark hair has lightened considerable since I had it done over a month ago now...not sure if I should get it re done or let the blonde come back. I might give the brunette style one more go and then head back to blonde!
    so....hint of a topic
    Let's say Sam moves. (for whatever reasons shippy or not) what do you think would be on her yard sale?
    All her old outdated computers!
    Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    A very detailed report from the 2009 Vancouver convention.
    http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=710
    Thank you!!
    Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Thanks for the pics.
    I made two sigs with them.
    http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...p/sigs/128.jpg
    http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...p/sigs/129.jpg
    They're snurchable if anyone wants them.
    I love them...my fave being the second one...except I would have it without the eyes...otherwise they are awesome!! Well done jasmina!!

(((Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
      http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/jasmina_Go/Photoshop/sigs/128.jpg

Wow..this banner is great. May I use it for my signature on another forum ? I will give you a credit.

And now, hello Amanda´s Fans. Greetings from great fan of her. :-) May I join us ? Even if my english sucks , I love talking with anotehr fans of StarGate :-)
      Welcome to the thread! I hope you feel at home here.
      Last edited by Tittamiire; 27 July 2009, 11:18 AM.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Wow..this banner is great. May I use it for my signature on another forum ? I will give you a credit.

And now, hello Amanda´s Fans. Greetings from great fan of her. :-) May I join us ? Even if my english sucks , I love talking with anotehr fans of StarGate :-)
        Welcome to the thread! Hope you come and play here often.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Welcome! It's great to see more AT fans appearing here. Have you seen Sanctuary?

Comment

Hey y'all I need your advice or opinion on something.

"I'm finaly gonna do it"

Wishing Amanda a very happy Birthday via her website that is

Now, I'm gonna send Kamil an e-mail, probably wednesday, with my message. It'll be something lke

" Hey Amanda!

I want to wish you a very very ... very happy birthday.

Let there be cake, presents, flowers... everything you seem fit so your birthday will be a day you'll never forget.

Once again, happy birthday Amanda. May all your wishes and desires come true, and let the candles on your cake be blown out in the first effort .

Daivy Deglin
            Belgium

---

Something like that.

Now I read on the site that personal messages could be deleted cause of certain stuff that a small group of people said in the past. (or something like that, don't remember the exact words he used)

But if I add

PS Your my favorite actress and, in my humble opnion, to say the least, the best actress in whole British Columbia.

Once again, all the best and hopefully an Oscar (or two) cause you deserve it.
            ---

But if I add that to the "birthday card" you think Kamil (the webmaster) would delete it? He said he reserves the option of deleting it (his words: Finally, I reserve the right to refuse a message to be included in the greetings)*

He said he reserves the right, it doesn't mean he will (delete it).

So what do you think about my idea? A good idea? And the PS message isn't "over it" or has a change to be deleted. Is it a good "birthday card" for Amanda

Let me know what you think

* (copright: phrase copied from her official website www.amandatapping.com , article Emmy nomination, DVDs and Amanda's BIRTHDAY!, point 7 about Amanda's birthday)
            (is this a good copyright, asking it just incase)

I'll look forward from hearing your opinions

You may PM me, leave a message on my profile page or here on the forum.

Just so I won't miss a reaction.

Thanks

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

A final reminder that party time is less than four hours away...spoiled, as always, in deference to those who aren't interested...

Spoiler:

Comment

daivy

I don't think there's anything wrong with your e-mail

stuff i think Kamil is 'on guard' for is things that get too personal - can i come over for a visit when i'm in vancover for hte con', taking her to task for her hair, the occasional troll poster....really inappropriate stuff like that.

basically, he wants to make sure that there's nothing in there that'd make her uncomfortable or embarrass her. Kinda like, remember when her brother died? he wouldn't allow messages from people, but simply gathered names for a virtual condolence book, so that she wouldn't have dozens/hundreds of messages to read that'd just bring it all back.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone transcribe the Sanctuary panel at Comic Con?
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hey everyone Sorry to intrude!

I'm making a vid with Sam where she gets really angry and suits up to go hunt someone down (yeah, it's kind of crackish ) and I really need clips of her gearing up (like getting into her action BDU's, holstering a zat, etc). Do you guys know of any such clips? It can be from any season, any situation, I just need it to be (preferably) on-base or out in the civilian world.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
                    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh my, oh my, OH MY, those are beautiful, she's beautiful . I love that she's there every year, she should be the main event .

Spoiler:

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      Thanks for the pics.

I made two sigs with them.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...p/sigs/128.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...p/sigs/129.jpg

They're snurchable if anyone wants them.
                      Wow and wow, those are amazing . Amanda is not only beauty, she is art .

i've gotten my comics down to my justice league ones and a few that are worth a few bucks. the rest i've given away or sold over the past few years.

I've also been working on turning my VHS movie collection into dvd's. takes up TONS less room that way

so....hint of a topic

Let's say Sam moves. (for whatever reasons shippy or not) what do you think would be on her yard sale?
                      Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                      1. Her old astrophysics textbooks from college (after all, she has gone so far beyond what was in them!)
                      2. Her VHS tapes (You're absolutely right!) that she has already converted to DVD
                      3. Her old toaster and coffee maker (the ones she bought to replace the ones Orlin used to make a stargate in her basement)
                      4. Her clunky old TVs (because she will replace them with flat screens)
                      5. The copy of How to Make Big $$$ Without Leaving Your Kitchen: A Homemaker's Guide to Moneymaking Opportunities given to her by Pete, in hopes that she would quit her job after they got married ( http://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Big-M...643412&sr=8-14 )

* Sorry--couldn't resist that last one!
                      I agree with sg-1fanintn's answers, but what about Sam giving away her copy of Stuck?

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      Not sure this has been posted here, AT interview. Nothing big. She confirms a guest appearance in Sanctuary and her cameo SG Universe http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-sa...-star.php#more
                      That's a great article, it's great to here tha she will be on SGU (which we already knew) and I love how it gets started off so right-
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't get enough of Syfy's new series Sanctuary, and I know I'm not alone. The show started out on the Web, grabbed a ton of fans and proved so popular that it ended up as a full-fledged Syfy series. We caught up with star and executive producer Amanda Tapping at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday, where she gave us a glimpse into the show's popularity, how she feels about sci-fi fans and whether she believes in the supernatural. (And she said she will appear briefly in Stargate Universe.)

I also love her choices of who she'd love to have guest star on the show, but I just laughed when she said she had a geek-out on the plane when meeting Catherine Keener . Thanks for article. *Thumbs up*

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      A very detailed report from the 2009 Vancouver convention.

http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=710
                      WHOOOOOOOOA holy Hannah, and I thought I was detailed . Wow, that person really said a lot of really nice things about Amanda, like what she said about her fans . It was fun reading it, some things I already read, some things were new, like Amanda's slip when she said-
                      Spoiler:
                      the biggest problem for me is being a mom. (Putting up a hand haltingly) No no, poo. That’t not right! The biggest problem is being a working mom. The best thing in my life is being a mom.

Great recovery by Amanda .

Again great article, any more detailed and this could be a transcript . Btw, this part was one of my faves -
                      Spoiler:
                      I was coming back, Claudia was there, I’d just had a baby and I was like a hormonal basket case. Olivia was like five weeks old when I went back to work. (Chokes back emotion as we go ‘awww!’) Yeah, so I hadn’t slept and . . . my boobs, and things . . . I was breast-feeding. That’s what I meant by ‘my boobs’.

Welcome to Samanda, you'll like it hear, we all have something in common . I'll give you a hint, it's a very special person -->

Comment

Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.

Comment

i know i have only a couple dozen, and most of those came from the christmas card exchange.

I won't have very many either. I don't get that much mail and most of what i get is business reply mail, so no stamps
                          Same here. But I rummaged around finally found stamps my Mom had stashed away which are old US stamps. They might get a kick out of some from the '40s and '50s. They aren't even cancelled, never used.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                            Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.
                            For the most part I liked the way it was redone. Though I wish they would have kept the MacGyver line. I always got a kick out of that. And pop culture references always bring a reality to a show.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I guess that with all our combined effort though, no matter how many or few we can collect, the end result will be that we have helped contribute to the stamp collection thing. And that's more important than worrying about who gets the most or least! Every little bit counts!
                              When I started collecting stamps for this collection, I was kinda surprised how much of my mail had printed stamps, not real ones. Then I got into a minor traffic accident while riding in an ambulance and got bombarded with almost 30 letters from lawyers, most with real stamps. It helped my collection, but it's not a method I'd recommend to anyone.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                              Hey everyone Sorry to intrude!

I'm making a vid with Sam where she gets really angry and suits up to go hunt someone down (yeah, it's kind of crackish ) and I really need clips of her gearing up (like getting into her action BDU's, holstering a zat, etc). Do you guys know of any such clips? It can be from any season, any situation, I just need it to be (preferably) on-base or out in the civilian world.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
                              She wasn't really angry in these scenes, but the first that I can think of Sam arming herself on base are Hathor, Foothold and Avatar, and in civvies Nightwalkers and Affinity come to mind, and maybe the Curse.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                For the most part I liked the way it was redone. Though I wish they would have kept the MacGyver line. I always got a kick out of that. And pop culture references always bring a reality to a show.
                                You know, the funny thing is that the pop culture in the show is still so appropriate. Oprah and The Simpsons are still on the air- MacGyver and the Star Wars/Star Trek references have all become classics. None of it dates the show (yet). And bless those USAF uniforms- they haven't changed much, either. Only the cars- and they cut those out in this version so you don't even know it's 1997!

Comment

Working...
                                X