Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Ok...I had to pop back here to get my promotion. Well at least I hope that's what happens when one reaches 8000 posts!!!
    I just couldn't go to bed and risk posting tomorrow in another thread for this most auspicious moment!
    So...uhm...I assume most of you have seen the pics from Tokyo?? Notice how bright and cheerful Amanda looks...even in the rain!!!?? I love her smile...it's so contagious...if Amanda's smile were a virus, I wouldn't mind being infected for life!!
    WOW, that's a lot of posts. I'm a bit worried about how much chatting will be going on at AT4!

CONGRATS CHELLE!!!!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
      You haven't been here in a while, but in case you're lurking -

NC
      Happy Birthday from me too!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I've seen part of the director's special on that ep and there's a funny bit with AM joking about how horrible it is to work with AT and they can't stand to be in the same room together. All the time AT is standing right beside him nodding in agreement. They also comment on her leaving the show.

That's great. We all know what a pain she is. NOT

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        during the end of s9, sam held a lot of folders, stood in front of a lot of chairs, sat down, etc

i know they taped a lot of stuff out of order, and i don't recall which eps it was, might have been reckoning, due to her other miscarriages, she wasn't really telling anyone she was pregnant until she was far enough along to hope that it'd last, but then there was a scene with lots of gunfire and she was concerned about the concussion of the weapon in her hands, and she talked to the weapons master and she wore some extra padding, just to be extra safe.

dunno if it was reckoning or not, but that fits an episode with lots of weapons fire.
        Interesting info. I'll have to pay attention to S8...

I know in the commentary for the ep where we all complained at the time that Sam's big contribution was using the fax machine they said she had to leave right after that scene for a doctor's appointment...

As for the start of S9, you could tell her clothes were a bit--and I stress a bit--bigger, but really she looked great. Sometimes maybe a bit tired. For good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
          You haven't been here in a while, but in case you're lurking -

NC
          Happy Birthday from me too! Hope it's a good one!

Originally posted by KatG View Post
          So, since we seem to be talking about cars at the moment, let's say Sam decides to buy a new car. What kind of car do you think she'd buy and why?

I'm thinking a jeep wrangler with a cloth top. It's sporty, fun and won't have a problem in the backwoods of Minnesota.
          I'd think she'd go for something spiffy and comfortable if we're talking cars. Maybe an Infiniti...? I mean, she's single with no real attachments so why not go all out? Her income would definitely justify the expense.

Comment

Watching The Quest part2. Amazing punch by AT. A whole new meaning of girl power. lol
            sigpic
            I Believe
            My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              That's great. We all know what a pain she is. NOT

Interesting info. I'll have to pay attention to S8...

I know in the commentary for the ep where we all complained at the time that Sam's big contribution was using the fax machine they said she had to leave right after that scene for a doctor's appointment...
              Oh yeah I remember that, that might be the appointment were she found out she was pregnant. So that's cool .

As for the start of S9, you could tell her clothes were a bit--and I stress a bit--bigger, but really she looked great. Sometimes maybe a bit tired. For good reason.
              Yeah I know, what possible reason could Amanda have for being so tired in S9?

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
              Watching The Quest part2. Amazing punch by AT. A whole new meaning of girl power. lol
              When I first saw that scene, I thought: "You go girl" . I loved the looke on Teal'c's face when he saw that, you could tell he enjoyed it. I would love to have seen Teal'c high five Sam for that .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../sambaal6a.gif
              Last edited by Rocky89; 06 July 2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

When I first saw that scene, I thought: "You go girl" . I loved the looke on Teal'c's face when he saw that, you could tell he enjoyed it. I would love to have seen Teal'c high five Sam for that .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../sambaal6a.gif
                Love it
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 July 2009, 02:00 PM. Reason: requoted pics need url tags.
                sigpic
                I Believe
                My FanFiction

Comment

Cool though animated gifs are,the max limit is 100KB .
                  Requoted images and animated gifs *must* have the tags changed from IMG to url .

Keeps happening ...they get deleted.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

For those who get Space, the most recent episode of The Circuit had a bit on AT/Sam/Helen. The piece was on Canadian productions. For Vancouver they mentioned Stargate and showed some old BTS clips which included AT. They also mentioned Sanctuary was currently filming season 2 and showed some old BTS stuff and a bit from a previous interview with AT where she talked about the show's Cdn roots. You can likely catch it again on repeats this week.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      For those who get Space, the most recent episode of The Circuit had a bit on AT/Sam/Helen. The piece was on Canadian productions. For Vancouver they mentioned Stargate and showed some old BTS clips which included AT. They also mentioned Sanctuary was currently filming season 2 and showed some old BTS stuff and a bit from a previous interview with AT where she talked about the show's Cdn roots. You can likely catch it again on repeats this week.
                      Would have been nice to know a bit earlier, but thanks . Hopefully I can catch it, and if I can I'll record it on my little cam and put it on YT just like I did with my other Circuit vids. Remember those? Yeah, those were good .

Comment

Hey guys, I'm not sure if y'all go by IMDb often or not, but I just did, and on Amanda's page, it says she's working on both the SG-1 and Atlantis movies . It seems they've already got a title for the Atlantis, but not the SG-1 movie, oh well, I'm just HAPPY she's in it . Here, check them out-

Untitled Stargate: SG-1 Project

Stargate: Extinction

Comment

don't take all that you see on IMDB to heart. it's fan updated and not often accurate

so i'd take anything there with a grain of salt until you get it from a reputable source
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            I work in a nursing home...not nursing though...gonna do that next year!!
                            good on you, and hope you enjoy nursing when you get into it

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            don't take all that you see on IMDB to heart. it's fan updated and not often accurate

so i'd take anything there with a grain of salt until you get it from a reputable source
                            yeah, because AT has been listed as being in the atlantis movie ever since they put it on imdb, but not jewel which i thought was odd since she is actually an atlantis character and one they seemed to use alot in s5... jewel has since been added though, so someone obviously noticed her name was missing, but it wasnt there for a ages...

it would be cool if sam was in the atlantis movie in some capacity
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Sanctuary teaser...it has some new shots mixed in with old stuff:
                              Credit to other ppl for posting on Twitter and Facbook LOL
                              http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuar...tions/v1133074

Sorry if it was posted before.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                                Sanctuary teaser...it has some new shots mixed in with old stuff:
                                Credit to other ppl for posting on Twitter and Facbook LOL
                                http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuar...tions/v1133074

Sorry if it was posted before.
                                Thanks. Nice to see even a bit of new stuff. That means October is coming soon, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X