Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    thank you, thank you
    You're very welcome. I see you figured out the multi-quote with no problem.
    sigpic

Comment

My sister and I watched Entity this weekend. Now you need to know that she enjoys the show but isn't a major fan like me.

we're toward the end & Janet is about to unplug Sam when SG1 rushes off to the malp room to see what's up with the entity and they realize it's Sam in the computer. So my sister says, "what if Fraiser unplugged Sam while they were gone to make it easier on them" not knowing Sam's alive in the computer and she gets stuck there? so she was joking that "in the next episode, Sam continues working for the SGC from the computer network." When they get stuck on a problem, they ask Sam, by typing questions into the computer. "Could they bring Sam along on missions on a laptop?"

Maybe you had to be there, but it did sort of crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        I ws thinking the same thing, but know that Mandy and Jan would do exactly that. And Eh-T seems to like it...

Sky beat you?

I'm sure you deserved it.

suse
        I'm sure I did.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Quick, all AT fans move to or visit Canada by May 28th. According to this article http://www.channelcanad.com/Article2953.html Dancing Trees will be shown that day on SuperChannel.

P.S. Do not come to my house, I do not get this channel.
        I just want to know when a dvd is going to be released. I'm sure it will never be broadcast on this side of the border.

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Because as much as we'd sometimes like to, we cannot edit other's posts.

suse
        bwahahahaha!

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        ROFLMAO! Nice to know I'm not the only gutter-gal!

Mumsey
        We don't have a gutter. We have a trench. Needed the extra room.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        My sister and I watched Entity this weekend. Now you need to know that she enjoys the show but isn't a major fan like me.

we're toward the end & Janet is about to unplug Sam when SG1 rushes off to the malp room to see what's up with the entity and they realize it's Sam in the computer. So my sister says, "what if Fraiser unplugged Sam while they were gone to make it easier on them" not knowing Sam's alive in the computer and she gets stuck there? so she was joking that "in the next episode, Sam continues working for the SGC from the computer network." When they get stuck on a problem, they ask Sam, by typing questions into the computer. "Could they bring Sam along on missions on a laptop?"

They'd all be touching her keys......

Back in the trench everyone!
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Serious Plot Bunny there. What a great story that would make. Reminds me of the Anne McCaffrey book from years ago called "The Ship Who Sang".

Comment

Nooooo...I can just see it, they call in the Asgard for help and Sam ends up looking like Thor
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Nooooo...I can just see it, they call in the Asgard for help and Sam ends up looking like Thor
              But in that case they can finally act on their feelings and stay together forever.

/ all the way!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                now i choose WOO to watch as it was my turn to pick and i had to make up for my brothers pick last night, lol... he picked the season 10 ep 'bad guys', and while its a good ep there is no sam [i know, its total blasphemy!]... and while im sitting there thinking to myself 10 seasons, 200+ eps and he picks a samless ep he takes this opportunity to ask me a question... i was like huh, what, im still getting over the fact there is no in this ep... he just shook his head and laughed at me...

Brothers are like that, eh?

Bad Guys is an episode I don't bother to rewatch. Kind of dopey and no Sam.

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                I'm going for figuring it out, and then doing what she wanted until she got tired of it, and then fixing things.
                I think once Sam figured it out she would end the loop because she knows it would be effecting several other worlds.

Me too.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

I just want to know when a dvd is going to be released. I'm sure it will never be broadcast on this side of the border.
                Why don't you come up? I've sure you could "survive" spring!

They'd all be touching her keys......

Back in the trench everyone!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

LOL! That would be pretty funny. Reminds me of Weir in SGA's Ghost in the Machine.

Hulu has added SG-1 season 3, so I'm watching as many episodes as I can in between packing for a cross-country road trip I'm leaving for tomorrow (30 days in a van with my parents )

Season 3 is probably my favorite season as a whole for Sam, Into the Fire, Seth, Learning Curve, POV, Deadman's Switch, JM/TDYK, Foothold, 100 Days, Urgo, Nemesis. Off to (re)watch Foothold now!

sigpic

Comment

A little OT-

Hey guys, I got some weird news about my job, last Sunday, cops showed up at my store at around 2:30 and 6:30, apparently they were looking for one of the guys I work with. I don't know much right now, but the cops came to talk with one of my manger that day (Larry), and one of my friends. But check this out, they couldn't find any info on him, Larry tried to give them his info, but he had nothing . Larry looked everywhere to try and find info on the guy, but he couldn't find anything, they couldn't find his info, apparently they couldn't find his address, phone number, or anything, It gets worse, on the schedule, it just says his first name, it doesn't list his last name, and they couldn't find him on the computer. Larry tried calling my main boss, and he told him to call my other boss, Ken, Ken wasn't home, so he called a few others, nothing.

Long story short, the cops didn't get much, but Larry did leave Ken a note that the cops where there, along with one of their cards. How bad does that look on the store? The guy's been working there for like 4 weeks now, and they don't have his info . I hope everything's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      I'd wondered why my ears were suddenly burning... I thought maybe the polar bears had scewered me on a barbeque again...
                      Well the weather has been rather nice for a BBQ

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      sweet sam fic

http://tittamiire.livejournal.com/23977.html#cutid1

ooh, sam/jack 'icky het stuff' at the end, but a mention not the focus
                      Great fic thanks for the linking it!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Brothers are like that, eh?

Bad Guys is an episode I don't bother to rewatch. Kind of dopey and no Sam.
                      Rewatch??.....Ahem...Bad Guys is an episode brothers would watch just to torture their sisters.........

My sympathies KatJoy and welcome to Samanda!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Rigged the boys showers to spray blue jello

OT college exam result in spoilers...
                        Spoiler:
                        I passed with 94%!!!!

Thank you so much everyone for the good luck messages, they mean a lot to me!

Julia(samcarterrules)

Way da go Julia, Amanda and Sam would be very proud . Btw, what did you take? If it was science related, than Sam would definitely be proud .

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                        Amanda is on the floor directing. Cliché as it sounds she's doing a terrific job. Let the fans all start their chorus of "of course!"...

http://twitter.com/damiankindler/status/1915030364
                        Way da go Amanda .

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Looks like Robin (Dunne) should be a Samandan! From Twitter:

"Amanda Tapping rocks. She makes up for every day I have to put up with Damian and Marty.

about 3 hours ago"

Yay!! For Amanda directing again Can't wait to see it.
                        Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why does everyone love Amanda?

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7703/amandarocks.jpg

I REALLY wouldn't mind having Sam in my laptop . I'd have LOTS and LOTS of fun .

You can all use your imaginations .
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 26 May 2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

we're firmly entrenched in our naughty little minds

which is most of the fun of it all
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You know, this is an interesting question. Think of how many adjustments Sam and her colleagues would have to make once she no longer had a body. Could you make a backup copy of her in case there was a computer failure? How would her mental health hold up? Sam is a pretty physical person, and she's used exercise in the past to burn off stress. Would people be able to make the jump to seeing her as a form of what has always been conceptualized as an AI?

I don't see them downloading her onto a laptop though. I don't think it would have the storage space, and what if the computer were confiscated off world by some bad guys?
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              I REALLY wouldn't mind having Sam in my laptop . I'd have LOTS and LOTS of fun .

You can all use your imaginations .
                              Geez, Rocky, the fun you usually refer to always includes body parts. Especially legs.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

well, in season 5, what if Reese and the reps made a body that sam's mind could inhabit?

the human form reps could probably have the storage space to give sam's mind somewhere to go
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X