X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    in fanfic

in the show she has never called him anything but 'dad'
    Just reminded me of my dad. We always only called him dad, unless we were trying to get his attention (he was a bit hard of hearing)--then we'd loudly say Father!

And Jacob only called her Sam, Samantha or kiddo, iirc. I just can't see Sam putting up with Sammie (which you see in some fics).

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Well, I knew you'd complain. You roll your eyes at everything I say!
      Don't we all. (ducks) Couldn't help it.

Carter is known for going on and on about stuff when she gets excited--probably eye roll inducing to others. What do you think she rolls her eyes about?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Carter is known for going on and on about stuff when she gets excited--probably eye roll inducing to others. What do you think she rolls her eyes about?
        You probably do but that is the beauty of the internet, I can't see it.

I have seen her roll her eyes and I'm trying to think of specifics. I think she may have in Arthur's Mantle when talking to Daniel about Cam having gone off world while out of phase. So, at Cam.

She must have also rolled her eyes at Jack a time or two. (At his "idiotsyncrasies" as AT said)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just reminded me of my dad. We always only called him dad, unless we were trying to get his attention (he was a bit hard of hearing)--then we'd loudly say Father!

And Jacob only called her Sam, Samantha or kiddo, iirc. I just can't see Sam putting up with Sammie (which you see in some fics).
          The only time she was called Sammie was in 'Urgo', by Urgo. (the Uncle Irving scene).
          sigpic

Comment

OT for our Dutch friends:

Spoiler:
            Just saw the news about the car that injured so many at the parade to honour the Queen's birthday. Hope you and yours are all OK. We Canadians have a special connection to the Dutch Royal family as they spent time here during WWII. In fact, a little piece of Ottawa was designated as Dutch soil so the Queen's sister could be born in The Netherlands.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

So the only one I'm annoying if rderoch? Excellent!
              Now your day is complete.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

OT for our Dutch friends:

Spoiler:
                Just saw the news about the car that injured so many at the parade to honour the Queen's birthday. Hope you and yours are all OK. We Canadians have a special connection to the Dutch Royal family as they spent time here during WWII. In fact, a little piece of Ottawa was designated as Dutch soil so the Queen's sister could be born in The Netherlands.
                Spoiler:
                It has been a bizarre day. I was watching the festivities on TV with my husband and parents in law. We saw it happening live ... the reporter was shocked and it was all just so weird. At first I thought it was a re-enactment (sp?) of some kind , but soon it became clear that it was real. Though the whole extend of what happened (5 now dead and 12 more injured) filtered through throughout the day ... it has been on the news all day.

It seems like a 1 mans action. 1 crazy man. But to do this on our national Queens day ... at her tour thing .. it really feels like getting Holland where it hurts. I don't think there are many people here now who don't know this has happened. Most of the festivities (the official ones, with the queen .. and just ALL the ones in the various cities and towns) have been cancelled. This year was an extra special Queen's day, because it is the 100th birthday of our former queen (who doesn't live anymore) ... the queens mother (queen's day has always been on her birthday) and today the 3 little princesses would make their first appearance. Obviously that got cancelled.

It's a sad and very weird day over here and I guess our Queen's day will never be the same again. And that's really sad, because it is an important very national holiday.
                sigpic

Comment

Sam would probably roll her eyes at O'Neill for his constant annoying comments about her techno stuff, or better yet her techno babble.

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                  Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Me too. I mean even the "dark" episodes aren't *that* dark. Helen is a complex person. She's mysterious, has a tinge of sadness, doesn't suffer fools gladly, etc. all of which make her interesting to me. Trying to soften her edges too much would make her just like anyone else on tv. Why watch that?
                    Exactly. I think maybe some of the execs were worried about Helen coming across as not perhaps not 'likeable' enough, which may affect how much the audience connects with the character. But like you said, Helen is complex and mysterious, so I think the character should be a bit difficult to connect with, a bit more unpredictable.

I have seen her roll her eyes and I'm trying to think of specifics. I think she may have in Arthur's Mantle when talking to Daniel about Cam having gone off world while out of phase. So, at Cam.

She must have also rolled her eyes at Jack a time or two. (At his "idiotsyncrasies" as AT said)
                    Hee! re the bolded part.

I think she's rolled her eyes a few times at McKay as well, and at least once at Barrett when he kicked in the door she was trying to unlock.

sigpic

Comment

like in sacrifices i think, when jack was making the quips about amazons and breeding and always being willing to offer assistance

that would get her eye rolling, the 'boys will be boys' moments
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                        The only time she was called Sammie was in 'Urgo', by Urgo. (the Uncle Irving scene).
                        i don't see Sam tolerating 'Sammie' from anyone. Not since she was about 10

even if you want to buy into sam and her sig other and having any sort of nicknames or anything, 'sammie' would be off limits
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

cross posting

sam-helen fans -

would someone like to make a sam or helen vid of this song ("wait for sleep") by 'dream theater'? here's a link for the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNpQ...eature=related

from the dreaminess of the song, i think it would me an awesome melancholy-ish video.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

My Dad is lucky if he gets anything nicer than 'oi' (along with the rest of us) we only ever call him anything nicer than 'Dad' if we want something.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            It has been a bizarre day. I was watching the festivities on TV with my husband and parents in law. We saw it happening live ... the reporter was shocked and it was all just so weird. At first I thought it was a re-enactment (sp?) of some kind , but soon it became clear that it was real. Though the whole extend of what happened (5 now dead and 12 more injured) filtered through throughout the day ... it has been on the news all day.

It seems like a 1 mans action. 1 crazy man. But to do this on our national Queens day ... at her tour thing .. it really feels like getting Holland where it hurts. I don't think there are many people here now who don't know this has happened. Most of the festivities (the official ones, with the queen .. and just ALL the ones in the various cities and towns) have been cancelled. This year was an extra special Queen's day, because it is the 100th birthday of our former queen (who doesn't live anymore) ... the queens mother (queen's day has always been on her birthday) and today the 3 little princesses would make their first appearance. Obviously that got cancelled.

It's a sad and very weird day over here and I guess our Queen's day will never be the same again. And that's really sad, because it is an important very national holiday.
                            *sends lots of hugs*
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

My parents are just mum and dad.

Oh, except at the moment I don't call dad anything. He yelled at me this morning and said that if I couldn't be bothered waking up to go to class I may as well apply for a job at Pak'n Save, the super market. If anyone had bothered to ask what was wrong they would know that one of my patients died.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sanctuary - Jace Hall Show - Sanctuary Episode airs May 7 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....45&postcount=2

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X