Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    I knew if I came onto this thread, I'd get a laugh. Thank you jckfan, I got a great one with your quote!

I just popped back to say Hi and to tell you all I miss you all very much. My surgery had to be postponed, as I developed a complication they are treating medically. Right now it looks like the operation will be July 11.....and I'm NOT happy. I'll be in hospital when the new season starts and they don't have cable. If that happens, they are going to have a very grumpy and very unhappy patient on their hands. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get my new DVD player connected and try to learn how to program it. I REFUSE to miss the season opener, even if Sam still is away.

One brief comment. I agree about the clothing issue. I think the wardrobe being used for Vala is a disgrace. And yes, it DOES look like her uniform is one size too small. Very unprofessional and IMO, demeaning to the character (and the actress). What are TPTB thinking????? And I very much doubt Sam is going to be having a sudden change in wardrobe. As they have already made so many changes for season 9, I couldn't bear it, if Sam were to suddenly look like a "glamour" queen. What has so endeared the character of Carter to me all these years, is that she never looked like she wearing make-up or trying to "capitalize" on her looks. She was there to do a job, period.

Well, my post is not up to the usual standards of this thread, sorry. It's hard to sit in front of the pc right now. I'll try and pop in more frequently until, well, you know. Take care, everyone and keep the light of Sam alive and well.

Oh, I did find a box of blue jello, finally and sent it off last week.

((((((Atteria)))))) will be thinking of you, take care.
    ......TARA......

Comment

OMG NEW SAM INFO!!!! /me activates the alarm

Originally posted by JMallozzi
      Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Joe - can you tell the fans what some of the story arcs will be for Carter after her return? There is precious little about her involvement re: the eps she is in. Obviously we know you cannot divulge major details or spoilers but a few words on whether or not she actually plays a significant role in any of the stories and what some of the arcs will be would be helpful to Carter fans, many of whom are feeling somewhat skeptical about this character's return as the strong, intelligent leader. We know she was away for personal and professional reasons (one of which is backstory re: Cassie), we know she returns in Beach Head because the SGC needs her to once again save the day cuz they can't do it without her, that's nothing new, but what else?
      Spoiler:

In Beachhead, Carter will barely have time to unpack before she's at the frontline, doing what she does best - working on a way to help save the day. Ex Deus sees her in the thick of things - reunited with an old friend. Fourth Horseman offers yet another reunion of sorts while Carter teams with Dr. Lee in an attempt to help capture "the missing piece of a puzzle". Ripple Effect - well, can't say much without giving this one away but, suffice it to say, we'll see plenty of Carter in this episode.
      Woohoo!

Comment

We got some Sam answers from Mr. M... (way to go JOE!)

Joe - can you tell the fans what some of the story arcs will be for Carter after her return? There is precious little about her involvement re: the eps she is in. Obviously we know you cannot divulge major details or spoilers but a few words on whether or not she actually plays a significant role in any of the stories and what some of the arcs will be would be helpful to Carter fans, many of whom are feeling somewhat skeptical about this character's return as the strong, intelligent leader. We know she was away for personal and professional reasons (one of which is backstory re: Cassie), we know she returns in Beach Head because the SGC needs her to once again save the day cuz they can't do it without her, that's nothing new, but what else?

As always, thanks for your time here. (BTW Dasani or Evian?)
        In Beachhead, Carter will barely have time to unpack before she's at the frontline, doing what she does best - working on a way to help save the day. Ex Deus sees her in the thick of things - reunited with an old friend. Fourth Horseman offers yet another reunion of sorts while Carter teams with Dr. Lee in an attempt to help capture "the missing piece of a puzzle". Ripple Effect - well, can't say much without giving this one away but, suffice it to say, we'll see plenty of Carter in this episode.
        All I can say is cool!

GO SAM GO!!!

Oh and bink...he realized he missed part of your question:
        Woops. Forgot to answer the last question. There's no comparison. Dasani is just filtered water. Evian is spring water. Evian.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for s9 (please be careful reading if you're trying to stay spoiler free)

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Originally Posted by binkpmmc

As always, thanks for your time here. (BTW Dasani or Evian?)

(joe)
          k, let's decipher.

ex deus - reunited with an old friend is barrett, right?

fourth horseman is orlin reunion.

ripple effect - is joe hinting what i think he's hinting at? isn't this the ep that deal with an alternate reality? so, plenty of carter... more than one carter in this ep?

oh, and joe responded to my question about how amanda was handling being sam carter and mommy at the same time. he said, 'mom and baby are doing great'. i was hoping for more... well, just MORE, but it's better than nothing.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok, just popping in real quick (it's A Matter of Time).

Happy birthday to Mary Beth, sorry I missed it Uber.

Happy birthday to 1speed, I won't be here on the 6th.

And I'm glad you finally got the cd Astro.

Love you all!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I'll join you in that. I admit I'm disappointed. I watched Xena for years and shamelessly enjoyed watching Lucy and Renee running around in skimpy outfits, but it wasn't exactly a show that took itself even remotely seriously. I always thought that Stargate was a tad bit classier than that, and I respected TPTB for resisting the urge to flaunt Sam's cleavage at every available opportunity.

Alas, it does look like they are slowly sliding down the scale of sleeze into Barbarella-dom, which just irritates me the more I think about it. To be honest, it borders on the insulting... to women; to the actresses themselves; to my entire viewing demographic; to the idea that science fiction is a medium that can produce interesting, meaningful stories without relying on sex to draw an audience...

Obviously TPTB are busy trying to court the young male demographic harder than 40-something females like me... but have they looked at their advertisers recently? I don't know about overseas, but here in the states, the commercials I've been seeing while watching Stargate haven't exactly been aimed at young men. I mean, come on... Mr Clean? Swifferjet? Lamisil? Sorry, but those commercials are aimed at *me,* not some randy teenager. Maybe the whole point is that they want to change that, but I still find it sad and pathetic that they feel the need to go that route.

Great post Strix. I couldn't put it better!

Perhaps the advertisers are trying to send a subliminal message to TPTB to clean up their show a bit!!

Comment

Thanks - those look like the ones. The one of DJ and T is a little hard to see in the version posted here but the SGC is clearly seen when I looked on Thor's site. How did you get that done? I cannot figure it out - the way I tried it failed miserably as no one could see the photos in my post and I am not sure what happened to them or where they actually ended up.
                I watched the patches last night & noticed for the first time the 2nd one--Air Force insignia? How long have they had those? I see in the pics posted here that the whole team has those. Does SG3 have different ones, because they're Marines, right? I just read JM's answers & he says watch ep 1 of S9 for the patch explanation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lar/9x5_13.jpg
                Last edited by jckfan55; 25 June 2005, 09:16 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I watched the patches last night & noticed for the first time the 2nd one--Air Force insignia? How long have they had those? I see in the pics posted here that the whole team has those. Does SG3 have different ones, because they're Marines, right? I just read JM's answers & he says watch ep 1 of S9 for the patch explanation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lar/9x5_13.jpg
                  Okay well I could be wrong about this but I think the Air Force insignia's showed up around the time Stargate moved to SciFi Channel...so, Season 6???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay well I could be wrong about this but I think the Air Force insignia's showed up around the time Stargate moved to SciFi Channel...so, Season 6???
                    yep, they premiered with s6
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      OMG NEW SAM INFO!!!! /me activates the alarm

Woohoo!
                      When he actually deigned to answer a question about Carter I felt like the "Little Engine That Could". Guess it just goes to show, if at first you don't succeed . . . .

I was, however, a little disappointed because even though he used a lot of words there really was nothing new - I had read or heard all of it before except maybe the part about Ripple Effect which didn't say much at all (and even if we see a lot of Carter in RE it could be deathly boring Carter stuck at the SGC once again), but everything else was old news, again. I was really hoping, the way I worded my question, for an answer that said something like Carter fans should not worry or feel betrayed because Carter is central to the team once again and she will have strong and heroic story arcs after her return and into the second half of the season. I was not even looking for detail about her stories or anything like that, just confirmation that she was to be the strong, heroic, kick-a$$ Carter we know is out there waiting to be let loose on the enemy once again. (Personally, and no offense to anyone who is looking forward to it, I could care less if she is teamed together with Barrett, or mini-Orlin, since I do not have any faith in TPTB that they won't screw it up by having it be "gee I'm in love with Carter" all over again and that will just be stupid, IMO and a further waste of this character.) I hope I am proven all wrong . . . but TPTB have disapponted me so often since mid-season 7 I don't dare get my hopes up until we see ep 6 and how they treat this character upon her return.

Comment

Dang...Joe didn't see the Blue Jello...

Joe...

Just wondering how Brad and the other PTB enjoyed their Blue Jello...

I heard from lots of people from various forums and countries who said they sent some in...so taking them at their word (and hoping that the various postal agencies around the world haven't taken their sweet time), there should have at least been enough for a nice Blue Jello party...

Blue Jello? Never saw it. Brad and Robert could be hoarding.
                        I think I need a hug...

Last edited by Uber; 25 June 2005, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I think I need a hug...

I know it's old...but here's a big hug for you Uber!!

BIG HUG

Comment

I think I need a hug...

Don't get upset or anything you know how he likes to jerk people. In response to a question about the end of JAG and the ship there he said "was that the one with Mark Harmon" Please we know he knows JAG and the ship and the comparisons all over the place so he likes to do that to people - I bet he knows about it and I bet he is jerking you just like he jerks a lot of people with is replies. Why don't you ask him to check with Brad and cooper and see and to let you know because you spent a lot of time on it etc., etc., and you would really like to know. I would be happy to ask him to check into it simply because you did go to a lot of trouble to get many sites involved and it would be nice to get an answer.

Comment

Don't get upset or anything you know how he likes to jerk people. In response to a question about the end of JAG and the ship there he said "was that the one with Mark Harmon" Please we know he knows JAG and the ship and the comparisons all over the place so he likes to do that to people - I bet he knows about it and I bet he is jerking you just like he jerks a lot of people with is replies. Why don't you ask him to check with Brad and cooper and see and to let you know because you spent a lot of time on it etc., etc., and you would really like to know. I would be happy to ask him to check into it simply because you did go to a lot of trouble to get many sites involved and it would be nice to get an answer.
                              It would probably be a good idea for other people besides myself or MajorSam to do this because we want to show that there are more than 2 people involved here...

Comment

Just read Joe's answer about Sam in season 9 and I wonder who that
                                Spoiler:
                                old friend is !!!!
                                Could it be
                                Spoiler:
                                Mckay, Orlin , Joe,
                                who else ?!! Do you think
                                Spoiler:
                                it's somebody new for us but just an old friend for sam ?!!!

I hope that Sam will show her leadership ability a lot in season 9 ..I would love to see her running everywhere and Kick A$$es to the bad guys without getting captured .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X