No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, it is possible that they have network rules to obey, which govern sexual content and how the episode is rated

groping the bum might be outside the ratings guidelines that they are governed by
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you know, it is possible that they have network rules to obey, which govern sexual content and how the episode is rated

groping the bum might be outside the ratings guidelines that they are governed by
      I also think the hands don't go anywhere the director tells them not to go
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

here is an absolutely excellent fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4759912/1/Times_Shadow

time's shadow

mostly gen, hints of ship, au, character death, but not death....a great adventure

it's a very long fic, 95,000 words, but it's fantastic. I recommend it to any Sam fan, and i think jack fans will enjoy it as well.

a great team fic with the characters in character and one that will keep you entertained for hours

sigpic

Comment

See... now I'm completely befuddled.

I wasn't talking about networks or anything else. There was a picture of Pete kissing Sam with his hand on her bum (or at least getting there). I was trying to point out that, IMO, that is quite acceptable.

Are we saying that there's evidence on a commentary or somewhere that says it was a "no go area"?

Fine. The network has rules. That's fine, and sort of understandable, though I've seen far worse shown at prime time on the BBC! The actors didn't want to and are saying it's a no-no. Also fine.

The thing that gets me is when people (as in fans) start saying that an actor who is playing a role has no right to let his hands wander a little bit when it's conceivable in the role, not because of actor boundaries or network rules, but rather because of their own personal ship preference or because they see one of the parties involved as "their girl".

ETA: It also bothers me that the same people imply vigilante violent action simply on the grounds above.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
            I preferred Close Encounters. I saw both of them in the cinema in 1977.
            I think I need to give Close Encounters another shot. I didn't think much of it when I saw it, but that was years ago.

I've just finished reading a really good team fic, written from Sam's point of view. No warnings, apart from some disturbing philosophical ideas. Well worth the read.

The Gray by kalquessa
            http://kalquessa.livejournal.com/476124.html
            I remember reading this a while ago. I think it's an interesting Stargate adaptation of LeGuin's short story, which is just fantastic. I love her writing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
              Rocky, thanx for giving me "evidence" about Peter Delouise's Hands on parts that "are not allowed" for his hands?

Rocky if you see him what would you do if you saw him?

But of course Amanda gave I think Permission for that move, tomorrow I'm gonna watch the episode again, WITH commentary of our Amanda.

BTW Can somebody PM me a list of all the episodes eh from S1-10 where Amanda has a "cameo voice" with the commentary? Don't need to, just random wondering?

Gonna go to bed now, dream about ... well Amanda (if my brains allow me too)
              Well, I didn't mean, or imply anything when I posted that, it was just a joke. If I say him I don't think I'd do anything, no one said anything, and Amanda didn't say anything, so I guess no onw did anything wrong.

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              I don't care what they attempted to do in "200". Sam has been and always will be Dorothy. Jack said so in "Seth".
              Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              yeah.

yep.

(((sam)))

and in the scene of them joking farscape: if ben and michael switched to change it up, why didn't they have sam and vala (the actors actually) switch too?
              Don't worry Sally and KatG, even though Amanda wasn't Dorothy, she was Linda "The good witch" which of cross means queen .

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i 'think' they were talking about the actor doing that, not the character. that's what i got from their convo.

of course, as an s/j shipper, i quite a few times.
              Are you talking about me and Daivy hon? because we weren't having a convo . but if you're talking about what the said in the commantary, than yes, I got that too .

true, but you also have a personal comfort level thing, and maybe amanda or david didn't want to touch in that way????
              I agree, they would have said something if they had an issue with that.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              That too, and remember, it's also what the lady says . Never touch a lady in a bad manner, that's ungentlemanly like .

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

I wasn't talking about networks or anything else. There was a picture of Pete kissing Sam with his hand on her bum (or at least getting there). I was trying to point out that, IMO, that is quite acceptable.

Are we saying that there's evidence on a commentary or somewhere that says it was a "no go area"?

Fine. The network has rules. That's fine, and sort of understandable, though I've seen far worse shown at prime time on the BBC! The actors didn't want to and are saying it's a no-no. Also fine.

The thing that gets me is when people (as in fans) start saying that an actor who is playing a role has no right to let his hands wander a little bit when it's conceivable in the role, not because of actor boundaries or network rules, but rather because of their own personal ship preference or because they see one of the parties involved as "their girl".

ETA: It also bothers me that the same people imply vigilante violent action simply on the grounds above.
              I agree, if the network said it was fine, and the actors did, then I guess it was all right. Good thinking .

Comment

Dude, what's "not allowed" about it? DeLuise was playing a character who had just become Sam's fiancé. Quite frankly, anyone I'm that intimite with, there's no off-limits. Ok... in public I might be iffy and hand on the butt is about as risqué as it gets. But seriously, there is nothing wrong, weird or "not allowed" about someone's hands wandering down from your back whilst they're kissing you.
                Seriously? Hands on butt are ok at work?

Comment

depends on where/what 'work' is

office rules don't quite apply to actors...or sports figures

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about Sam/Pete not Amanda/David...

Comment

well, until we know for sure (as in a commentary or an actor saying so), i guess we'll all be showing our own personal preferences or agendas in this area.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

a little OT announcement
                        Spoiler:
                        I have a little announcement to make.
                        We all know about the chocolate party, and how, as mod, I hosted it at AT3. Well, I won't be at AT4, so there was a bit of a void. Someone needed to take charge and be the 'go to' person for questions.
                        I know that a few people in Samanda had stepped forward and offered to help, and I sincerely thank you all. However, especially since the Gabit staff were willing to try and help a bit, I decided that we needed one specific person to be 'in charge', so that if Gabit needs any questions answered, they have one person to go to.
                        I asked NZNeep to be the hostess for this party. Her name was put forth by a few people as a person that met the arduous qualifications of attending the con and being willing.
                        I do want to thank all of those that offered to help. Your willingness speaks well of Samanda as a whole. But I felt that we had so many 'Indians' and no real 'Chief' and that things could get confusing with everyone enthusiastically offering to help but doing it without any guidance from anyone.
                        So, congratulations to NZNeep and my sincere thanks to her for taking on this responsibility.
                        I know you guys will have a great time and I only wish that I could be there.
                        Cool!! Congrats Neep!! If you need a backup or any extra hands or anything, please feel free to call/PM/email/message me!!!
                        And Sky...I too wish you could be there. Is so bummed that you and a few other notorious Samandans will not be there.
                        And I suspect she is tired of Star Wars by now.
                        FF
                        Heck...I'm sick and tired of Star Wars. My son is as passionate about Star Wars as I am with Stargate...but he also plays the Wii game and all you here all flamin day is R2D2 screaming or Darth breathing heavily...it's driving me absolutely batty!!!
                        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        We did get a glimpse of some things Sam brought to Atlantis, but just theoretically, what "piece of home" do you think she'd bring? (And no, Jack doesn't fit in her suitcase). [we probably don't want to say what was actually shown in case of spoilers]
                        Hmmm...I dunno...I think the photos would have been her piece of home but if I had to think of something totally different then maybe her leather riding jacket...just imagine the smells on that baby!!! As in from the bike!!! Whoops!
                        a statuette of Dorothy, given to her by her friends
                        to her last day she resisted the impulse to see if the daedy could spray paint the city green
                        Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        I don't care what they attempted to do in "200". Sam has been and always will be Dorothy. Jack said so in "Seth".
                        Yep
                        Don't you just love it when you're reading a post and you have this rather succinct and yet appropriate answer pop in your head and then someone else says exactly the same thing before you have the chance to do so??!!
                        To quote Mandy....yep!!!
                        I've just finished reading a really good team fic, written from Sam's point of view. No warnings, apart from some disturbing philosophical ideas. Well worth the read.
                        The Gray by kalquessa
                        http://kalquessa.livejournal.com/476124.html
                        Ah, I love LJ.
                        FF
                        Thank you!!
                        You know, looking at that picture I noticed that that truck must have been HUGE! I mean, look at the height of the side mirror against Amanda's back...I reckon I could stand under that mirror and not touch it with the top of my head!!! I want one of those babies!!
                        I wasn't really thinking about that. I was just responding to the boys' "it's a no go area". If Amanda and David put limits on it, then fair enough *Shrug* The problem I had was the boys going "OMG! No Go Area!" because hands got lower than the back area, as if it's either a) wholly abnormal (and I can no longer use that word without connotations... sigh) to let hands roam a little when kissing or b) wholly inappropriate for a man to be touching her in a situation where they are both (I presume) consenting adults playing roles in a scene.
                        I agree with you Tracy. And you all know that I'm a bit of a Sam/Jack shipper but what I saw in that ep was two consenting characters...agreed, doing something on the job that is out of character for one of the characters, but needless to say doing something that two characters who dare I say, love each other do, (coz I'm still out on that whole did Sam love Pete thing). I mean, what girl doesn't want her bum touched by her man??? Ok, not necessarily in front of everyone on a job like that but then again for me that would be a different story but for Sam that's different yet again. So while I don't necessarily like Pete kissing Sam on the job, it wasn't like she was being forced or that it was a grotesque thing.
                        And I understand what you are saying about the boys reacting to that as a "no go area"...C'mon now boys...it's such a natural thing to touch ones partners back...or butt...why is it so wrong in this case??? Because it's Sam or Amanda...or both???
                        Ok...so I'm just saying that I know what Tracy is saying and I agree with her. That's all.
                        Of course...and I seriously doubt that either of those two actors would have had any major issues with it..other than Amanda maybe being not so happy about Sam doing this so blatantly on the job. Did that make sense??
                        [QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        Seriously? Hands on butt are ok at work?
                        /QUOTE]
                        See...it happened again...Sky took my words!!!
                        I would say it depends too. Have you never walked around with your hands on your butt???
                        Ok..maybe not but it does depend on the job...and the people involved. And it's only ever ok if it's consensual from both parties!

Oooh I love a good debate on butt holding and the like...pity we didn't mention boobs to get a certain Samandan to pop her head in!!
                        Night all, take care and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
                        Oh and just before I go, on the bushfire front,
                        Spoiler:
                        the smoke around here is thick and just horrible to live in but you know, we are still the lucky ones having not lost our home or any family and friends. There are still 8 fires burning out of control but there are no threat alerts for people or towns at this stage.
                        The death toll has now hit 200 and is still expected to climb.
                        We picked up our new water pump today and are in the process of preparing for the worst...we already had a scare on Sunday night with someone lighting a fire in the Dandenongs...if the Dandenongs go up, then we are out of here! BUT..all is calm and ok.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday
                          Strix
                          and
                          RoX!!!!

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I wasn't really thinking about that. I was just responding to the boys' "it's a no go area". If Amanda and David put limits on it, then fair enough *Shrug* The problem I had was the boys going "OMG! No Go Area!" because hands got lower than the back area, as if it's either a) wholly abnormal (and I can no longer use that word without connotations... sigh) to let hands roam a little when kissing or b) wholly inappropriate for a man to be touching her in a situation where they are both (I presume) consenting adults playing roles in a scene.
                            I agree with TJ throughout. I mean Chimera is far more risque than Affinity ever is, and whereas any kind of sex scene is never truly comfortable for an actor, a hand heading towards butt pales in comparison with being pushed up against a wall. And if they've done the latter, it stands to reason that as a couple there would be that level of intimacy between them. To be honest, unless an actor has a specific clause in their contract that says "under no circumstances is any hand to touch my butt", you pretty much have to get over your own personal barriers if the director says "yeah that's great guys, now can you move your hand a little lower." As an actor it's your job to make the scene as true to life or true to human reaction as can be. That one scene could have been shot 12-20 times in which they probably did a lot of different things, and they would have edited in the best/or most appropriate one given the context. If there was a watershed, well then a hand slightly on butt IMHO is still hardly scandalous.
                            sigpic

Comment

There was a couple making out at the train station tonight. His hand wandered. Awkward public displays of affection- gross.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X