Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    something stolen from the off topic folder

if sam was home sick and didn't feel like working, what is her 'comfort movie'

something she's watched a dozen times but loves and will rewatch.
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I think the quirky humor would appeal to Sam, especially knowing it's one she wouldnt feel she had to pick apart.

Finding Nemo - the 'need not explain' comfort of this one might be high on her list, especially if she were sick. No matter what life brings, "just keep swimming.."

Good Will Hunting - Angry genius discovering what to do with his life. I think Sam might empathize to a small extent with this one and even cheer him on.

Comment

a little OT announcement

I have a little announcement to make.

We all know about the chocolate party, and how, as mod, I hosted it at AT3. Well, I won't be at AT4, so there was a bit of a void. Someone needed to take charge and be the 'go to' person for questions.

I know that a few people in Samanda had stepped forward and offered to help, and I sincerely thank you all. However, especially since the Gabit staff were willing to try and help a bit, I decided that we needed one specific person to be 'in charge', so that if Gabit needs any questions answered, they have one person to go to.

I asked NZNeep to be the hostess for this party. Her name was put forth by a few people as a person that met the arduous qualifications of attending the con and being willing.

I do want to thank all of those that offered to help. Your willingness speaks well of Samanda as a whole. But I felt that we had so many 'Indians' and no real 'Chief' and that things could get confusing with everyone enthusiastically offering to help but doing it without any guidance from anyone.

So, congratulations to NZNeep and my sincere thanks to her for taking on this responsibility.

I know you guys will have a great time and I only wish that I could be there.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I asked NZNeep to be the hostess for this party. Her name was put forth by a few people as a person that met the arduous qualifications of attending the con and being willing.
        Thanks for this. If our new hostess could contact me direct, I will liaise with her on the best timing for it and where would be best to hold it. We can then keep in touch once I've done the schedule.

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
          Singing in the Rain
          Someone in the Pacific Northwest *would* say that!

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Woot...a good thing for SGU then...a good start!! I'm going to watch it when or rather if it comes out down here. I'll give it a fair go.
            I'm more jazzed about Scalzi that the actors being linked to the show! Which shows what a sad SF geek I am.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I was gonna say "Singing in the Rain" but Donamac beat me...d'oh!
            Wasn't that what her boyfriend took her out to see? Perhaps she has a love of old musicals? And as samcarterrules pointed out, they are all available in DVD now (I never fail to cry at 'Run, my boy, run' at the end of Camelot. Or when the king dies at the end of The King and I. ) I can see Sam and Janet on a girls night singing along to Cabaret.

I can also see her trying to watch Indiana Jones, but making the mistake of watching it on a team night, listening to Daniel pick it to pieces would get in the way off all that Harrison Ford thunking she was planning to do.
            And I suspect she is tired of Star Wars by now.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
              I'm more jazzed about Scalzi that the actors being linked to the show! Which shows what a sad SF geek I am.

FF
              OT SGU........

Spoiler:
              Is it just me, or does that actor something-Smith look like he is about 15 years old? My Goodness!!!! He looks so YOUNG!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                OT SGU........

Spoiler:
                Is it just me, or does that actor something-Smith look like he is about 15 years old? My Goodness!!!! He looks so YOUNG!!!!!

Spoiler:
                Just checked his birthdate online, he's about 27-28, which I believe makes him older than MS was in S1. Certainly doesn't look five years older than me, though
                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

We did get a glimpse of some things Sam brought to Atlantis, but just theoretically, what "piece of home" do you think she'd bring? (And no, Jack doesn't fit in her suitcase). [we probably don't want to say what was actually shown in case of spoilers]

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    We did get a glimpse of some things Sam brought to Atlantis, but just theoretically, what "piece of home" do you think she'd bring? (And no, Jack doesn't fit in her suitcase). [we probably don't want to say what was actually shown in case of spoilers]
                    Since she wouldn't be able to pack her bike, I think she'd have a picture of it, next to pics of her team
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Just checked his birthdate online, he's about 27-28, which I believe makes him older than MS was in S1. Certainly doesn't look five years older than me, though
                      Spoiler:
                      Wow. I would never have guessed that old. MS didn't look that young. I guess maybe I'm just getting older

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                        Singing in the Rain
                        Right. From Chimera.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Someone in the Pacific Northwest *would* say that!

suse
                        LOL!

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

Wasn't that what her boyfriend took her out to see? Perhaps she has a love of old musicals? And as samcarterrules pointed out, they are all available in DVD now (I never fail to cry at 'Run, my boy, run' at the end of Camelot. Or when the king dies at the end of The King and I. ) I can see Sam and Janet on a girls night singing along to Cabaret.

FF
                        Yes, it was the one they went to see in Chimera.

(Not theoretical because we saw it on the show) She brought pictures of her family (both literal and figurative) to put in her office. As for others, I'll have to think on that.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Wow. I would never have guessed that old. MS didn't look that young. I guess maybe I'm just getting older
                          Spoiler:
                          I remember when I recently went back to watch Season One after not having done so for awhile. My immediate reaction was, 'Who are these kids and what have they done with SG-1?'
                          SGA S4/s5 spoilers:
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          (Not theoretical because we saw it on the show) She brought pictures of her family (both literal and figurative) to put in her office. As for others, I'll have to think on that.
                          Perhaps for me, the starkest contrast between Sam and Woolsey was the difference on that shelf. Hers full of loved ones. His.. a dog which wasn't even his own anymore

And then his trying to convince Teyla that he understood her point of view - cause he had a dog...

Comment

a statuette of Dorothy, given to her by her friends

to her last day she resisted the impulse to see if the daedy could spray paint the city green
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

a statuette of Dorothy, given to her by her friends

to her last day she resisted the impulse to see if the daedy could spray paint the city green
                              I thought that was Vala

Comment

I don't care what they attempted to do in "200". Sam has been and always will be Dorothy. Jack said so in "Seth".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X