• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it's not a valentine's fic, but it is a funny one, at least i think so

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/comedy/youbet.htm

It's movie night, and you'll never believe what they're watching

*IckyHet warning for the non-shippers, but it's in the story, not as the story
    *headslap*

VDay.

Forgot to mention I wrote a Sanctuary VDay ficlet: The Card. And as it's pretty much Helen and Ashley, it's on-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i watched 'enemy at the gate' again. it was soooo nice to see sam again!!

Spoiler:
      and in a couple of shots... if i didn't know better, i'd say sam was pregnant.
      Just your S/J delusions working overtime again.

As for kissing Pete on the job. I think they said they couldn't set up a new scene for the whole accept the proposal thing so they just put them behind a van. I think they could have still made it a bit more professional even as a last minute change.

Sam says yes. Pete grabs her for a kiss & she says something like "not here, let's celebrate later." and they walk off into the sunset with romantic music playing.

But I think it was poor planning. They could have written the episode in such a way to allow time for an away from work moment for Sam/Pete. (maybe b/c I really didn't like Teal'c's girlfriend & that story)

If they couldn't get "Sam's" house interior for logistical or $$ reasons, what about even in the car or getting out of the car in front of Sam's house? they already had a car scene earlier. He could be bringing her home or something. Heck, they could have even kept most of the same lines.

She could be looking pensive.
      He says something like "You've been awfully quiet on the way home. Did the mission get to you?"
      She blurts out "yes." meaning the proposal...

Comment

or have it so that they're leaving, things are mopped up, others are driving away, leaving sam and pete alone....and she says yes

but i don't htink the director gave much thought to how sam looked, he just thought 'wow, what a cool looking crane shot to fade out on' and didn't think further than that.

tptb have a really bad habit of not thinking about the long term ramifications of their actions, they just focus on the short term appearances
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

or have it so that they're leaving, things are mopped up, others are driving away, leaving sam and pete alone....and she says yes

but i don't htink the director gave much thought to how sam looked, he just thought 'wow, what a cool looking crane shot to fade out on' and didn't think further than that.

tptb have a really bad habit of not thinking about the long term ramifications of their actions, they just focus on the short term appearances
          With so many writers and directors, I can see this happening; but this is where your show runner is supposed to pick these things up
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

this is one thing that i find positive about universe. they are going to have a creative consultant....a sort of 'beta reader' for the show, so hopefully someone that can have some oversight and maybe learn from the past to make the new show stronger.

this is something that sam would be good at. now that she has command experience, she's learned how to let others do their jobs and only step in when she has to

sigpic

Comment

this is one thing that i find positive about universe. they are going to have a creative consultant....a sort of 'beta reader' for the show, so hopefully someone that can have some oversight and maybe learn from the past to make the new show stronger.

this is something that sam would be good at. now that she has command experience, she's learned how to let others do their jobs and only step in when she has to
              And it's Scalzi, who's not well known in Skiffy for lying down and taking it. I'm sure he will make his feelings felt and he has a solid SF background to back him up.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

something stolen from the off topic folder

if sam was home sick and didn't feel like working, what is her 'comfort movie'

something she's watched a dozen times but loves and will rewatch.

sigpic

Comment

something stolen from the off topic folder

if sam was home sick and didn't feel like working, what is her 'comfort movie'

something she's watched a dozen times but loves and will rewatch.
                  Before introducing Teal'c to movies.......Top Gun. (loves the volleyball scene )

After Teal'c............Star Wars

Go Sam

Comment

i'd think pretty woman, three musketeers, flash gordon, maybe even the pirate movie

sigpic

Comment

I do think maybe a romantic comedy, (something she won't admit to the guys ). So perhaps While you were sleeping.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

speed

sigpic

Comment

speed
                          LOL, I don't know, she'd be doing the math in her head, and judging the speed and angles and saying...that's totally impossible
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sam's comfort movie: The Sound of Music. Isn't it every woman's comfort movie?

Regarding my own question, I've been thinking about what bugs me about Sam. I guess it is that sometimes the scientist part of her overcomes the compassionate part of her. The example I'm thinking of is wanting to watch the black hole in A Matter of Time when, as Jack said, it was watching good men die in slow motion. Doesn't happen often though.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

her tunnel vision. her 'focus' as she says. and sometimes she gets so focused she kinda forgets that there's a bigger picture, especially in the early years

sigpic

Comment

her tunnel vision. her 'focus' as she says. and sometimes she gets so focused she kinda forgets that there's a bigger picture, especially in the early years
                                True, but I think it's where we saw character growth in Sam from the early years
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X