Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
    Pasteles are a meat pie. It's made of yautia (a caribbean tubular root), potatoes, green bananas filled with pork. It's takes much effort to make but well worth it
    Oh they are absolutely yummy!! I haven't had any since my high school days. I was introduced to them by my friends grandmother when I got invited over to help make them, that was so much fun!! Turn about is fair and my friend got invited over to our house to do our Christmas family baking thing - the pudding (old family recipe complete with silver threepences and sixpences), fruit mince pies, Christmas fruit cake and shortbread.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!! Don't eat too much
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!! Don't eat too much

Thanks! it's been 6 hours since the feast and I'm still not hungry. And I didn't even overeat.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Thanks! it's been 6 hours since the feast and I'm still not hungry. And I didn't even overeat.

suse
        So what did you all feast upon?
        -

Comment

So what did you all feast upon?
          No, I didn't eat all of this, but...

Turkey (and gravy)
          Ham (sugar-cured, spiral sliced, there was one happy dog with a bone tonday)
          Mashed Potatoes
          Sweet Potato Souffle (a different -and imo better- take on candied yams)
          peas No corn
          field greens salad
          deviled eggs
          sliced fruit (and olives)
          Stuffing
          banana pudding
          pumpkin pie
          pumpkin muffins
          apple pie

I'm sure I missed stuff. I blame Turkey Coma.

We were over at a friends house. We'll make one at home on Sunday because we like the leftovers and no one makes some of our family's traditional dishes.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Okay, I've just come across something interesting regarding Sam but there's a really big question mark on the credibility of the info given that its a website like Wikipedia that anyone can edit. On the "Stargate Wiki" websites entry for Enemy at the Gate, it's saying...

Spoiler:
            ...That Sam has been promoted to Brigadier General and is now in command of the SGC!

Check it out here: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_at_the_Gate

So is it true or false? What's everyone else thoughts, opinions, and ideas on this? I look forward to reading what you all have to say.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

that's just not possible.

Spoiler:
              there are time in grade requirements and, personally, as much as i'd like to see sam promoted, if she is then it's just another example of how little respect the writers have for the show
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, the christmas card lists have all gone out. So check your e-mail. If you signed up and didn't get a mail, let me know and i'll get it to you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Okay, I've just come across something interesting regarding Sam but there's a really big question mark on the credibility of the info given that its a website like Wikipedia that anyone can edit. On the "Stargate Wiki" websites entry for Enemy at the Gate, it's saying...

Spoiler:
                  ...That Sam has been promoted to Brigadier General and is now in command of the SGC!

So is it true or false? What's everyone else thoughts, opinions, and ideas on this? I look forward to reading what you all have to say.
                  FALSE

You shouldn't pay attention to Wiki any noob can update it.

Sam is way too junior to be promoted to General.
                  -

Comment

Spoiler:

hm very interesting, thanks

So is it true or false?
                    no idea

What's everyone else thoughts, opinions, and ideas on this? I look forward to reading what you all have to say.
                    I think
                    Spoiler:
                    it's possible BUT... what about Landry? did Jack retire and Landry moved to DC? LOL she'd be Cam's boss um anyway Joe said
                    Belouchi writes: “Will the Daganian Zpm, The Tria or The Phoenix ever surface up before the end of season 5?“

Answer: One will.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                    this pic

might indicate he was talking about the ZPM which means the Phoenix doesn't show up and Sam's not in command of a 304. also BW told GW
                    GW: You were spinning your third movie idea. What can you tell us?

BW: It's an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability. [...]
                    http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._the_ice.shtml

I assume he was also talking about Beau Bridges sooo... will Landry only appear in a few scenes or what? the third movie with a retired Jack O'Neill as the main character?

Sam as a Brig General would be strange but I'd rather see her in charge of the SGC than back on SG-1 or as leader of another team.

however I agree with RealmOfX, never trust wikipedia
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

wiki is beyond untrustworty

it can be a good place to start research...but Sam would never trust it...although she might feel compelled to correct things

sigpic

Comment

FALSE

<SNIP>

I agree. False.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        hm very interesting, thanks
                        You're welcome.

no idea
                        *sigh* You're a big help.

I think
                        Spoiler:
                        it's possible BUT... what about Landry? did Jack retire and Landry moved to DC? LOL she'd be Cam's boss um anyway Joe said
                        Spoiler:
                        That's what I want. Sam shoulda been Mitchell's boss from the start as far I'm concerned.

Spoiler:
                        this pic

might indicate he was talking about the ZPM which means the Phoenix doesn't show up and Sam's not in command of a 304. also BW told GW

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._the_ice.shtml

I assume he was also talking about Beau Bridges sooo... will Landry only appear in a few scenes or what? the third movie with a retired Jack O'Neill as the main character?

Sam as a Brig General would be strange but I'd rather see her in charge of the SGC than back on SG-1 or as leader of another team.
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm sorry I don't see how that pic is supposed to be translated in to Joe talking about a ZPM. Is there something I'm supposed to be seeing in there?

So if the Phoenix isn't going to appear...what about what Joe was saying about us learning about Sam's new command position? Please don't have her taking a step back and have her commanding SG-1. That's just wrong.

Bottom line for what I want for Sam:
                        • For her to be a Colonel.

• For her to be commanding either a ship or a base and for one of both of them to have both military and scientific mission capabilities...but ideally I'd like her to be commanding a ship which will keep her mobile.

however I agree with RealmOfX, never trust wikipedia
                        My answer... a quote from my original post reporting this:
                        Okay, I've just come across something interesting regarding Sam but there's a really big question mark on the credibility of the info given that its a website like Wikipedia that anyone can edit.
                        That's 1 up for the half-Scottish, half-Welsh Man I believe friends. Alan here keeping it "Rhyl".
                        Last edited by Alan; 27 November 2008, 07:16 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          wiki is beyond untrustworty

it can be a good place to start research...but Sam would never trust it...although she might feel compelled to correct things

*sigh* You're a big help.

Spoiler:
                          I'm sorry I don't see how that pic is supposed to be translated in to Joe talking about a ZPM. Is there something I'm supposed to be seeing in there?
                          Spoiler:
                          ah crap I posted the wrong pic. anyway Ltcolshepjumper had an interesting idea regarding this pic
                          Spoiler:

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...1/dsc00954.jpg
                          I wonder what's in the case Lorne is showing to Sheppard and Woolsey. Judging from the 100 episode shirts, I'm thinking
                          Spoiler:
                          ZPM

Spoiler:
                          So if the Phoenix isn't going to appear...what about what Joe was saying about us learning about Sam's new command position? Please don't have her taking a step back and have her commanding SG-1. That's just wrong.
                          Spoiler:
                          there are several possibilities: she might be in charge of the SGC, a facility at Area 51, leader of a SG team, back on SG-1, commanding a 304... whatever it is, Sam's new command position will be revealed in EatG. hm maybe she's the fifth cylon

Bottom line for what I want for Sam:
                          • For her to be a Colonel.
                          she's been a full-bird Col since Adrift

• For her to be commanding either a ship or a base and for one of both of them to have both military and scientific mission capabilities...but ideally I'd like her to be commanding a ship which will keep her mobile.
                          agreed
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            You just thanked a shoe
                            ...and I thought I was doing so good in googling ways to say thank you...I should have put umlauts in there somewhere...but I know that is a way of saying thank you in German!
                            Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Anyway, I've basically lost my job and there are no new jobs in the area. So I think I'll have to leave.
                            Oh bummer! You should come over here Tracy...I'd love you to teach my kids.
                            I can't believe they gave up the most wonderful teacher they are probably ever gonna meet...their loss...but still...I hope you get a new job real soon. A school out there is about to gain a very special teacher!!
                            Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

(((Samandans)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              No, I didn't eat all of this, but...
                              Turkey (and gravy)
                              Ham (sugar-cured, spiral sliced, there was one happy dog with a bone tonday)
                              Mashed Potatoes
                              Sweet Potato Souffle (a different -and imo better- take on candied yams)
                              peas No corn
                              field greens salad
                              deviled eggs
                              sliced fruit (and olives)
                              Stuffing
                              banana pudding
                              pumpkin pie
                              pumpkin muffins
                              apple pie
                              I'm sure I missed stuff. I blame Turkey Coma.
                              We were over at a friends house. We'll make one at home on Sunday because we like the leftovers and no one makes some of our family's traditional dishes.
                              suse
                              Wow!! That's a lot of food. Does everyone bring something along or do you have to cook it all by yourself?
                              Have you ever tried pumpkin scones?? I wonder if Helen has tried them!!
                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Ok, the christmas card lists have all gone out. So check your e-mail. If you signed up and didn't get a mail, let me know and i'll get it to you
                              I didn't get it. Thank you Sky!
                              FALSE
                              I dunno.
                              Spoiler:
                              I've read that you can be promoted to General quicker than being promoted to Colonel so...I'm thinking this is more likely true rather than not.
                              Personally...I'd love it!! Id love for Sam to be Brigadier General and running the SGC...I'd rather that then see her commanding a ship...and I know that's not what most of you want to see but I think it's time that Sam had more flexibility in her life. Being on a ship doesn't allow for that...I hope it's true!!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I dunno.
                                Spoiler:
                                I've read that you can be promoted to General quicker than being promoted to Colonel so...I'm thinking this is more likely true rather than not.
                                Personally...I'd love it!! Id love for Sam to be Brigadier General and running the SGC...I'd rather that then see her commanding a ship...and I know that's not what most of you want to see but I think it's time that Sam had more flexibility in her life. Being on a ship doesn't allow for that...I hope it's true!!!
                                Sorry Chelle I don't know where you read that but
                                Spoiler:
                                that is definitely not true (there maybe war time exceptions but in general no).

The positions of General are extremely political ones, first you have to make it through the service politics to get on the promotion list and then you have to be politically acceptable to be selected by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Numbers alone preclude junior officers (which is what Sam is at the moment) from making the promotion list early and less than 1% of career officers ever make Flag rank. I think there are approx. 3,700 Colonels in the Air Force and approx 135 Brigadier Generals (have to look up the exact numbers). So a noob Colonel with 2 or 3 years under their belt (read Sam) have no chance, especially when the majority of their career is classified and the civilians required to confirm the appointment are not authorised to know what they have done to merit appointment to Flag rank.

I'm with Sky "as much as i'd like to see Sam promoted, if she is then it's just another example of how little respect the writers have for the show"
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X