Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post

*totally wigs out*

WHAT!? Dude, I'm sorry, but SCREW being scared. If you have the money, I can ensure you that your life will never be complete without seeing her even once in person.
    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Rocky DO NOT let that hold you back. Come to Chicago next August and I will personally give you moral support for your first meeting. Or go to London if you can afford it! I won't make it to AT4, but I can assure you that there will be legions of your fellow fans there to support you completely. That's why the cocktail party is very cool at the Gabit events. You sit at a table with 8 of your fellow fans. Chit chat with them during dinner, have a drink or two. And then Amanda comes to the table to say HI to everyone. The next time you would see her would be on stage at the saturday am Q&A where you could totally pick up on her good vibes and just feel the love she sends into the room. After all of that you would be ready for your picture with her in the afternoon.

We have complete confidence in you!
    Thanks a lot for the encouraging words you guys, and you're right, I could do all that, and you're probably right Falcon, meeting her would complete my life, and if I met her, I'd come back here and write a HUGE report on it . Meeting Amanda would without question be the the high point in my life, I would love to meet her, I would love to shake her hand, give her flowers, I'd love to sit with her and talk with her, I'd love to tell so much, I'd tell her what she means to me , ask her things, and this may sound silly, but sometimes, when I'm not doing anything, I sit back and wonder what I'd say if I ever met her . And rderoch, you're right, I'm sure she'd send lots of love into the room Thanks for saying y'all have confidence in me, I guess I'm like Amanda in the "confidence department" , we have confidence in her, while she doesn't have confidence in her, and y'all have confidence in me, while I may not have a whole lot in myself . So far the closest form of communication I've had between Amanda is my audio birthday message to her, trust me, that was a BIG step for me .

And I guess if I wanted to meet Amanda, I'd have to hurry up, since well-- we're not getting any younger . Well, she's ageing far slower .

Comment

Originally Posted by Rocky89
      Actually believe it or not, but I've got quite a bit of money in the bank, I mean I'm not rich, but if I wanted to, I could afford to go to AT4, CC or any other con, but I couldn't imagine what i'd do meeting the angel , I'm WAY TOO SCARED I'd blow it .
      I'd be the same Rocky i get so nervis if i were to meet a Amanda i'd probably be studdering a lot i've been saving to go to AT4 but i lost my job recently so know i dont think i'll be able to make it but i'm hoping i can get some work and then make it to comic con fingers crossed .
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

the LAST thing anyone should be is afraid to meet her.

folks, let me put it bluntly. She's a cool person certainly. but she's just a person. She's no different than your neighbor or the lady behind the counter at Starbucks or the woman that is going to check out your purchases the next time you go shopping.

Yes, she has a cool job, yes she's tall, yes, she's pretty, yes she's nice and genuine and as honest as she can be with her fans. she hasn't let her ego take her over and she's well grounded.

but she's just a person. that's it.

she's no better than you, she's no worse than you.

She's a person who's fortunate enough to be in a position that her fame allows her to use said fame to help others.

If you have the money and if you choose to spend it and if you want to go, then go. If you decide not to, that's cool. it's your choice. but don't let 'i'm afraid to meet her' be the reason you don't. Cause i guarantee you, she's more nervous than you are.

Think of it this way, you're one of a couple hundred. You have a lot of fellow fen to lean on. she's one of one. she has no one to lean on and everytime she agrees to do one of these cons there's the 'what if no one comes?' fear lurking in her mind.

I've been fortunate enough to meet her, i've been lucky enough to help out with Legends adn was an attendee at Rick's first con and helped out at Gatecon. he was a LOT more nervous than any of the fans, and so is she.

they're just people. they go to the grocery, do the laundry, mow the yard, take a plunger to a stuck drain, just like we do.

they just have really, really cool jobs is all
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought this was an 'appreciation' thread not a 'worshiping' thread. Seriously. What Sky said. She's not an angel or a deity. She's a normal person with a cool job. Sure, she's really nice and does what she can to help people, but it's not like she's saving the world every day.
          Last edited by antoa; 20 October 2008, 12:14 PM.

Comment

right. she changed liv's dirty diapers, wiped her snotty nose, gets up at 3am to change the bed linens, probably discovers that hte battery in her car is dead at the most inopportune moment, gets bad hamburgers from room service...you name it. what has happened to you happens to her at some time, some place, in some way.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              I thought this was a 'appreciation' thread not a 'worshiping' thread. Seriously. What Sky said. She's not an angel or a deity. She's a normal person with a cool job. Sure, she's really nice and does what she can to help people, but it's not like she's saving the world every day.
              ITA with you and Sky she's just a normal person like the rest of us
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                ITA with you and Sky she's just a normal person like the rest of us
                Some of us even have cool jobs. Not me though.

I appreciate - and admire -Amanda's skills. I also think she has a fabulous outlook on life. But she has issues just like us. From interviews and cons, even more than most in some areas. (Note: That's as into her business as I'm going Sky. ) She's just a person. And likes to keep it that way.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

cool is relative.

I get to do a lot of travel in my job, driving around the state and helping out with meetings. sometimes i get to go and 'play in the street' and video tape along the highway, or get a front row seat to a bridge going boom and falling down

it has its downsides...namely political crud and burocracy and sheer stupidity. but i also have some cool toys to play with

sigpic

Comment

Who's looking forward to seeing Sam again on Stargate?

It'll be odd after most of a season of seeing Amanda as a brunette.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

yeah, it'll be interesting in Last Man to see her in the wig

I can't wait to see what she's commanding

sigpic

Comment

you know, this might make SGA the most wigged out show ever.

ronon has the 'dread wig ronon', rachel wears a wig, sam will be wearing one...that's a lot of wigs on one set

mmhm, 'wigging out for atlantis'

sigpic

Comment

I look forward to seeing what she is commanding and hope we get to see the Sam we wanted to see during Season 4. Sam doing the science bit along with kicking butt and taking names.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            you know, this might make SGA the most wigged out show ever.

ronon has the 'dread wig ronon', rachel wears a wig, sam will be wearing one...that's a lot of wigs on one set

mmhm, 'wigging out for atlantis'
                            Rachel wears a wig!? Well, I suppose that does explain how her hair changed so much at... whatever point it was that she started wearing one.

Comment

i'm pretty sure she does. I've seen in photos from cons and her hair is darker and coarser than teyla's

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                cool is relative.

I get to do a lot of travel in my job, driving around the state and helping out with meetings. sometimes i get to go and 'play in the street' and video tape along the highway, or get a front row seat to a bridge going boom and falling down

it has its downsides...namely political crud and burocracy and sheer stupidity. but i also have some cool toys to play with
                                Can I have your autograph? I totally get what you've been saying. I think the cool thing about Amanda Tapping is that she has this neat job etc. but she hasn't fallen into the trap of thinking that makes her *special* the way some Hollywood types have, for example. She's cool to me in large part because of how *normal* she seems to be.

Some people get an inflated sense of themselves no matter what the field they're in. Others are talented and stay grounded. Those are the kind of people I like to deal with.

We have lots of talented people on this thread. Writers, people who can do cool things with technology & lots of other stuff we don't see.

So I say let's celebrate Samanda. (group hug)

Ok, I'm getting goofy. Must be time to go get some zzzz's.

Comment

Working...
                                X