Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Who is this person posing as Mandy, an extreme polar bear? JasminaGo! WHAT did you give her to drink??

suse
    Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Go, go, polar bear!
    Bit of a newbie question here (), but what's the significance of polar bears?

Cool fic though, I liked it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Bit of a newbie question here (), but what's the significance of polar bears?

Cool fic though, I liked it.
      Bit of a long story. I'm sure someone has the links on file, but in a nutshell...

The shippers call themselves Penguins. The Anti-shippers call themselves Polar Bears. Sorta NOT Penguin. Polar opposites, if you will.

It's all in good fun, truly. This is a place all Sam lovers play together nicely.

98% of the time, anyway. We strive for 100%.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Bit of a long story. I'm sure someone has the links on file, but in a nutshell...

The shippers call themselves Penguins. The Anti-shippers call themselves Polar Bears. Sorta NOT Penguin. Polar opposites, if you will.

It's all in good fun, truly. This is a place all Sam lovers play together nicely.

98% of the time, anyway. We strive for 100%.

suse
        Ah, that...makes...sense.

Thanks for the explanation. What about someone who's in between? Not quite a shipper, but not an anti-shipper? Monkeys? Tigers? (they live along the equator... )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Ah, that...makes...sense.

Thanks for the explanation. What about someone who's in between? Not quite a shipper, but not an anti-shipper? Monkeys? Tigers? (they live along the equator... )
          Ah, I think they decided on Panda Bears for that (keeping to the black & white colour scheme)

also because the idea of this is just plain scary ===>
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Ok after much arm twisting, daring and begging

I give you Rainy Days and PJ's

LOL...a little tongue-in-cheek if you ask me, but very enjoyable still. The mental image of Sam bouldering is a great one though and when I go later today, I'm sure it'll be forefront in my mind. Thanks for that and for posting the link for the fic.

Comment

Ok after much arm twisting, daring and begging

I give you Rainy Days and PJ's

That was awesome. Thanks for writing it

Who is this person posing as Mandy, an extreme polar bear? JasminaGo! WHAT did you give her to drink??

suse
              Nothing! *blinks* you believe me right?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i'm old fashioned, i can't go out in my jammies. I won't go beyond the back/front yard. I'd have to put on a pair of sweats or something
                I hate pajama tops, but at home I live in boxers or pj pants with a singlet or t-shirt.
                Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                Same here. As for going outside in pjs, yup, all the time. I've walked my dog in pjs and a hoodie.
                I have been known to drive the kids to school in my pj's...flannelettes in winter and cotton in summer!!
                I should mention that I never get out of the car when I do that!
                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                mmhm,there's a fic bunny...sam goes out in her jammies to get the paper...and the door locks behind her.
                Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                And Jack decides to drop by...
                Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                Just when it starts raining....
                (can someone please make this into a fic?)
                Yes please!!!
                But what kind of jammies is Sam wearing...as a non-shipper I may have her in flannel pj's
                Flannels are good...shipper or non shipper...just not pink ones!!
                *points up at the pics in Eileen's post* But it really doesn't matter, if anyone can make flannel pj's look sexy, Sam can. In fact I dare you to write a fic that has Sam in flannel pj's and Jack uses the word "sexy" to describe them.
                True!!! Sam can make anything look sexy!! Mind yoou...what's wrong with flannel pj's anyway?? I happen to like them...a lot...they're warm and comfortable!!
                Originally posted by antoa View Post
                That's totally what I am wearing now! Except in a different color (red top and black pants).
                Me too...technically I'm wearing two pairs of pj's...I kinda mixed them...the top is pink flannel with white polka dots...for warmth...and the bottoms are stripy cottons...for comfort!!
                LOL, I accept the challenge
                OK, so must have Sam in flannel pj's and Jack must use 'sexy' to describe them.
                *not sure when it will be done, but I will be working on it *
                Yay!! Good on ya Mandy...yay!!! This is gonna be good...I feel it in me bones!!
                Oh wait...that's the cool change...bummer...need to get the old dressing gown on!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey y'all! Good news, a few days ago I said I was gonna post some older Amanda pics, from an old "offical Amanda site entry" (I mean what you see when you typ in the URL to her website. Now these are some pics we could see on an earlier moment of the site. I tought I havn't been here for a little while so I'm gonna post some pics of Amanda. For the record: the copyright and stuff : Amanda's official website and some DVD screencaps.

DVD screencaps

DDDDDThat's All folks

Here ya go: A pic of Sam / Helen / Amanda a day: keeps the bad moo away

Chanches are I drop by tonight (my time) see you then

Be good and play nice!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Actually, I'm beginning to worry that AT4 is becoming "People in PJs".
                    Would you rather we left out pj's at home??
                    Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    Hey, I don't mind as long as people stay somewhat dressed.
                    (sayeth the woman who does not own a pair of PJs)
                    Me thinks we've decided on a theme for the party and this time it won't be a color.
                    D'oh!!
                    Hmmm... a pj party??...Sounds like fun...and at a hotel so wouldn't that make for the largest slumber party??...I'm thinking Guinness World Record here!!
                    Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Good news for Amanda and the Sanctuary crew. Sanctuary will be shown in over 35 more countries!! Check out the news thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=293
                    Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    That's great news but I didn't see specific mention of Australia/NZ. Does that mean you are still out of the loop?
                    ...it's just plain wrong and stupid that Australia hasn't got it...I don't understand what the problem is...I bet it's our stupid networks down here...buggers!!
                    Yep
                    *hugz my internetz*
                    I'm sure I have no idea what you mean. *also hugs it*
                    Joins in the hug.
                    Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    Really off topic question.
                    Spoiler:
                    I graduated last week, and am now planning a party together with my collegeau who also graduated.
                    Congrats on the graduation Lies!!
                    Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    And I was thinking a goa'uld shows up to kidnap her but doesn't realize she's outside instead of inside.
                    I nominate Sky to write this one. Because I nominate Sky to write everything.
                    Oh cool...nice twist that would be!I don't care who writes it...as long as it's good!!!
                    Ok after much arm twisting, daring and begging I give you Rainy Days and PJ's
                    Oh wow!! That was quick...thank you Mandy!!!
                    (((Mandy)))

*maybe I should read it first before handing out the hugs!*
                    Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Without question, this was the best *clears throat* of Amanda-
                    http://www.boomspeed.com/lilferret/A...ducerChair.jpg
                    Oh I agree...very nice...who the heck took it I wonder...very short person either way!
                    Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                    Oh yeah, us Aussies and Kiwis are a scary bunch
                    I am indeed been saving up since b4 AT3, already got the time off work, and I'm getting up at 4am on the 13th to make sure I get my tickets for AT4 , I will definatly be there, and I cant wait
                    Yay!! Cool!! Yep...definitely gonna be fun fun fun!!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm just saying goodnight now...and I just noticed that my tickerfactory thingy has 12 months and 4 weeks on it...that's like...12 months!!!!! A year...it's happening...OMG!!! Yay!!
                      Night folks...have a great day/night...one more day at work then a 3 week break!!
                      (((Samandans)))
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

parsifal has posted a link to some on the set pictures for Sanctuary in the Sanctuary photos thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=25

There are some great shots of Amanda in there (as well as the rest of the cast) - #4, #7, #16, #19.
                        Ok..so I have to spoiler this...
                        Spoiler:
                        Do not look if you don't want to be spoilered...
                        Spoiler:
                        In one of thew pictures, it looks to me that Ashley is "asleep" (or unconscious) on a hospital bed...and as the title of the ep is called Revelations...do you think its possible that it will be revealed that Ashley is an abnormal...like her mum and dad??? Just thinking...they say a picture says a thousand words...as much as I love spoilers...coz spoilers are my friend...the wait is just painful!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Oh I agree...very nice...who the heck took it I wonder...very short person either way!
                          I very short person with good camrea skills.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm love all the PJ's talk. I'm up that at AT4. I wonder if I can find penguin ones hehe.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

suse
                              Originally posted by JanSam View Post

**Severs Da PengYn's connection to Mandy**

That was awesome. Thanks for writing it

Nothing! *blinks* you believe me right?

Hey I'm still a Polar Bear , no taking away my membership card

I just wanted to make Jasmina happy with the fic....

Spoiler:
                              but not too happy

and thanks everyone for the nice reviews
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I have been known to drive the kids to school in my pj's...flannelettes in winter and cotton in summer!!
                                I should mention that I never get out of the car when I do that!
                                Ooooo! Brings back memories of a day, way back in the first year of my marriage. Hubby had a job in a new town 30 miles east of London which promised (and later delivered) a council house. (Local authority rental) He had just left for work and I discovered that he had left his packed lunch on the kitchen table. I threw on my sheepskin jacket over my PJ's and hopped into my car to catch up to him. We are talking East End London here, and loads of traffic, but he was heading away from central London. Having found him, and passed on the lunch, I turned back for home and got caught in the inevitable rush hour jam. It was then that I noticed that I was out of petrol (or very close)...

Suffice it to say, I am now paranoid about making sure I have enough fuel for any journey. Fortunately I got away with it, but I shudder to think how I would have dealt with the situation if I hadn't. Pj's, sheepskin coat and car keys. Even MacGyver couldn't have done anything with that!

To bring it back on topic, we have seen Sam in her PJ's in Ascension.

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X