• Show
Clear All

Uber how is your birthday coming along so far

Comment

Happy birthday Uber!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Happy Birthday Uber!

Click here to listen to Sam and Janet's birthday greetings.

Hey, make a wish. Have a piece of Birthday Cake that Sam went to all the trouble to bake. Buy. Bring!

You know, Janet, I tried to buy some blue jello to go along with the cake, but the stores were all out.
        I wonder what that's all about?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          I am guilty of not liking Grace.
          Let me explain why. Yes, the acting was superb and has nothing to do with my dislike of the episode. Yes, the interactions between Sam and her imaginary friends and Grace were wonderful. But, the message of Grace was for me the murder of the strong, competent and happy Sam I knew for the previous years.
          For me it was only a way to introduce all the Pete storyline and I can't say how much I hated it . I have nothing against Sam dating another guy than Jack because, well, I'm not a shipper. But in my opinion, Pete was the wrong guy for Sam. He's a nice guy, but lacks of personality. I really can't picture Sam marrying a guy whose life is going to be uneventful and whose only concern will be to walk the dog or wash his car .
          Grace also implied that Sam can't be happy without a guy. Where does this come from ? Is it how the (male) writers see her ? How so did we have all these fabulous smiles before ? For the record, I know many single women who are very happy in their lives, including myself .
          So, yes I disliked Grace because I love Sam and because it introduced the badly written Sam who turned all sappy and sometimes unprofessionnal because of Pete.
          Please, don't yell at me . The most important is that I love our Sam, right ?
          You make some good points. I liked Grace for AT's acting, but I did have a problem with the "you can't be happy without a man" message. Sure she deserves love, but she isn't some sort of failure for not having found it yet. I blame a lot on the concussion.

Comment

Just adding my happy birthday wishes, Uber.

Comment

Blue Jello here
              Blue Jello there
              Blue Jello's flying
              Everywhere

TPTB in for a treat
              Blue Jello Brigade
              Has accomplished its feat

Happy Birthday Uber
              Enjoy your cake
              Your jello's gone
              Smiles in its wake

A trail of blue
              Across the land
              Following Uber's boxes
              And clever plan

As you blow your candles out
              Know without a doubt
              That your Samandans
              Wish you well and kudos too
              For quite a spell of Royal Blue!

And the Blue Jello Brigade marches on (while MajorSam prepares for military maneuvers and others prepare for Gatecon).

I'll try to catch up on thread later this week - busy celebrating my own daughter's birthday in the Berkshires! Hope all is going well in the kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                Uber how is your birthday coming along so far
                Lonely. Extremely, painfully, unyeildingly lonely.

My folks also live in town...but they're away for this weekend on a business trip. However I did something fun perhaps in part to cheer myself up as I knew today would be a major downer...I was supposed to drive them to the airport yesterday...but instead I hired a limo service to pick them up...

At first they just thought they were being chaffuered to the airport in a regular car. So picture it if you will...I'm standing with my father outside of my parent's house and we're both looking at the trunk of the car but then I pulled him around to the side and he couldn't believe it...A STRETCH LIMO!!!

They've never been catered to so it was kind of a Birthday present for me just to see the look on my Dad's face...he was beaming! and he said..."You gotta be kidding me!" He looked like a kid at Christmas...

Too much fun. Like I said, that was like a birthday present for me...I'm kinda funny that way...I typically enjoy giving gifts even more than receiving them just for the look on the other person's face.

And could I BE any more off topic? I DON'T THINK SO.

I therefore submit myself to Royal Security for the punishment that is due me. Hopefully it will entail being forced to watch MacGyver for HOURS and HOURS. Just torture...

So to stay On Topic, here are my favorite Sam pictures for Season 8:

From New Order:

From Lockdown:

From Zero Hour:

From Icon:

From Avatar:

From Affinity:

From Covenant:

From Sacrifices:

From Endgame:

From Gemini:

From Prometheus Unbound:

From It's Good to be King:

From Full Alert:

From Citizen Joe:

From Reckoning:

From Threads:

From Moebius:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Uber,

What great pictures of Season 8 Sam! I particularly like the one from Prometheus Unbound!

And Happy Birthday!!!

Comment

Good news for Agent Dark (and those of us who want to see "cool Sam") Joe M. doesn't rule out a repeat appearance of the motorcycle leathers.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Uber,

What great pictures of Season 8 Sam! I particularly like the one from Prometheus Unbound!

And Happy Birthday!!!
                      As you can imagine, it's very difficult picking a favorite picture. For instance, there were some favorite scenes that I simply could not get a solid lock on a single cap because it was an action scene (like in Endgame...I would have preferred the moment she was kicking the crap out of that one guy with her hands tied behind her back...but it was too blurry).

Choosing the clip from Prometheus Unbound was even more difficult, as there were OH so many scenes to choose from...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Good news for Agent Dark (and those of us who want to see "cool Sam") Joe M. doesn't rule out a repeat appearance of the motorcycle leathers.
                        What's equally interesting is the question that Joe answered regarding Season 9 and how it would have been different had Amanda not given birth to little Olivia...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          What's equally interesting is the question that Joe answered regarding Season 9 and how it would have been different had Amanda not given birth to little Olivia...
                          Yes--plunging us into an orgy of speculation...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Blue Jello here
                            Blue Jello there
                            Blue Jello's flying
                            Everywhere

TPTB in for a treat
                            Blue Jello Brigade
                            Has accomplished its feat

Happy Birthday Uber
                            Enjoy your cake
                            Your jello's gone
                            Smiles in its wake

A trail of blue
                            Across the land
                            Following Uber's boxes
                            And clever plan

As you blow your candles out
                            Know without a doubt
                            That your Samandans
                            Wish you well and kudos too
                            For quite a spell of Royal Blue!

And the Blue Jello Brigade marches on (while MajorSam prepares for military maneuvers and others prepare for Gatecon).

I'll try to catch up on thread later this week - busy celebrating my own daughter's birthday in the Berkshires! Hope all is going well in the kingdom.
                            Wonderful poem, Chopingal!
                            Great pics, Uber! And LOL at the one from PU
                            Can you point me to the post or thread page #?

Comment

You make some good points. I liked Grace for AT's acting, but I did have a problem with the "you can't be happy without a man" message. Sure she deserves love, but she isn't some sort of failure for not having found it yet. I blame a lot on the concussion.
                              i didn't get that message. i saw that sam was happy enough, but desired companionship with a man too. and with her mixed up feelings for jack... she was holding back. after 'grace', she didn't hold back anymore. (until she got even more confused with the whole pete-or-jack thinger )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Lonely. Extremely, painfully, unyeildingly lonely.

My folks also live in town...but they're away for this weekend on a business trip. However I did something fun perhaps in part to cheer myself up as I knew today would be a major downer...I was supposed to drive them to the airport yesterday...but instead I hired a limo service to pick them up...

At first they just thought they were being chaffuered to the airport in a regular car. So picture it if you will...I'm standing with my father outside of my parent's house and we're both looking at the trunk of the car but then I pulled him around to the side and he couldn't believe it...A STRETCH LIMO!!!

They've never been catered to so it was kind of a Birthday present for me just to see the look on my Dad's face...he was beaming! and he said..."You gotta be kidding me!" He looked like a kid at Christmas...

Too much fun. Like I said, that was like a birthday present for me...I'm kinda funny that way...I typically enjoy giving gifts even more than receiving them just for the look on the other person's face.
                                How special! And how sweet of you!

Comment

Working...
                                X