• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    about the amanda interview (HUGE spoilers for 'sanctuary') -

Spoiler:
    it was a great interview!

i liked the simple but interesting questions. the only answer i was concerned with was when amanda said:

"There are a couple of episodes where there’s been this bizarre sexual tension between the two of them, and it’s by virtue of what’s happening in any given episode, especially in an episode called Requiem where Magnus goes a bit crazy. But generally there’s just a huge healthy respect – he’s the first real protégé she’s had."

i really don't like the idea of shipping helen/will, because i just find robin so young/almost teenage looking. really. but i'm keeping an open mind and seeing how things are handled.
    *shouts from the rooftops and dances*

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    OT:
    Spoiler:
    Just thought I'd let you know that on Friday my dad was told that he has a brain tumor...add to that my mum was bitten badly on her hand by one of her dogs who was in the process of attacking one of her little dogs, who is ok but has some bad puncture wounds on her back and neck. So I then had to take the big dog that attacked to the vet to be put to sleep and now mum is in hospital til Monday. Then last night my cousins son was involved in a car accident that killed two and critically injured 3 others...he's listed as critical but I'm hopeful that he'll be ok....so please take care. You gotta wonder how life works sometimes...if it doesn't rain it freakin pours.
    *hugs tightly*

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    Maybe they made his action figure anatomically correct.
    Well, all mine will remain in their packaging...but from friend who have opened theirs...no...not anatomically correct.

*snort*
    Jenni

Comment

RE: SGU

Spoiler:
      Only just read the casting sides. Did anyone else notice that the lead guy is married to Hailey?
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
        What strikes me as odd is that you can bend the knees on the Carter action figures but not on the O'Neill ones.
        The O'Neill legs can only be turned sideways.

The action figures come with several small parts, guns, zat etc.
        So, yeah, I think you can definitely play with them. The poses are somewhat limited but that shouldn't stop kids.
        Sounds good. Thanks. They particularly like Jack (yay!) and Teal'c. I'm sure a few more episodes will make them bigger Sam fans.
        SG1Poz--love your comment on Jack's knees. ((Jack))
        Last edited by jckfan55; 21 September 2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          RE: SGU

Spoiler:
          Only just read the casting sides. Did anyone else notice that the lead guy is married to Hailey?
          They reuse names all the time. Jonas (the fiance), Jonas Quinn, (almost the same) Jonah...

Two Sarahs.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

I was thinking about what could be next for Sam...
            Spoiler:

I kinda hope she does take command at the SGC, I know this probably won't happen b/c right now her rank isn't high enough but it would be wonderful to see. Although of course she's maybe retired to have children.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            There's no reason why she couldn't be
            Spoiler:
            in temporary command of the SGC while Landry's away. We've seen it before. But I'd like to see her in the "big chair."
            I hope school is going well, Julia. It's probably starting to get pretty busy now.

Comment

What strikes me as odd is that you can bend the knees on the Carter action figures but not on the O'Neill ones.

So, yeah, I think you can definitely play with them. The poses are somewhat limited but that shouldn't stop kids.
              I can't find them in stores!! gr!!!

but i did find the SGA soundtrack on walmart.c0m
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Ah....what language are these 2 speaking ....

Suse-ese
                Wait til I see you lady!

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

ooh, it looks great!

i wonder if that handwriting (that says 'the official amanda tapping website) is amanda's own?

sally
                  It's taken from the front page note, so it's hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                    Haha kind of on a random Sam note....

Was watching Upgrades the other day and I kind of had an epiphany hehe. I only just cottoned onto the fact that Sam sunk all the balls when she was playing pool in the pub because of the bracelet she was wearing....

In all of the 100 or so times that I've seen that episode I always just thought she was just a really mad pool player....it only just occured to me that the bracelet made her great at pool...

I still like to think Sam is just an awesome pool player anyway and it actually had nothing to do with the bracelet's powers at all

That is all
                    Pool and snooker are all about angles, forces applied and momentum transfered. A good pool table will have cushions that bounce a ball off then at the same angle the ball hits.

If you know that and can do applied math in your head... you should be a pretty good pool player )

It's physics. Poor unsuspecting bar fly didn't stand a chance...

Becks
                    Whose brother could always beat her at snooker until he told me about the cushions...

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                      Pool and snooker are all about angles, forces applied and momentum transfered. A good pool table will have cushions that bounce a ball off then at the same angle the ball hits.

If you know that and can do applied math in your head... you should be a pretty good pool player )

It's physics. Poor unsuspecting bar fly didn't stand a chance...

Becks
                      Whose brother could always beat her at snooker until he told me about the cushions...
                      gotta LOVE physics!!!
                      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        I was thinking about what could be next for Sam...
                        Spoiler:

I kinda hope she does take command at the SGC, I know this probably won't happen b/c right now her rank isn't high enough but it would be wonderful to see. Although of course she's maybe retired to have children.
                        Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day.

Sam in SGA 520:
                        Spoiler:
                        My bet is Sam commanding a 304 that's sent to the Pegasus galaxy to help Atlantis. Someone posted pictures on the Pro Sam in SGA season 4 and 5 thread that showed her wearing a radio earpiece like Caldwell wears, and it to me the patch looks like a standard SCG patch, which Caldwell as has. Plus I think it would also sort of dovetail into the future timeline suggested by The Last Man, which has come true in some ways this season.

sigpic

Comment

about the interview snippet of amanda's i quoted yesterday? i'm going to requote it so i can comment on another part of it.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/amanda-tappi...i-role/091972/

Spoiler:
                          amanda said: "There are a couple of episodes where there’s been this bizarre sexual tension between the two of them, and it’s by virtue of what’s happening in any given episode, especially in an episode called Requiem where Magnus goes a bit crazy. But generally there’s just a huge healthy respect – he’s the first real protégé she’s had."

that's bolding is mine. so helen goes a bit crazy? a bit CRAZY!?! this sounds awesomely fun!!

i was driving in the car today, feeling all tired, but when i thought of helen going crazy, and how amanda's acting will take it and shoot it into outer space, i got a surge of energy. really! so it perked me right up. thanks amanda.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day.

Sam in SGA 520:
                            Spoiler:
                            My bet is Sam commanding a 304 that's sent to the Pegasus galaxy to help Atlantis. Someone posted pictures on the Pro Sam in SGA season 4 and 5 thread that showed her wearing a radio earpiece like Caldwell wears, and it to me the patch looks like a standard SCG patch, which Caldwell as has. Plus I think it would also sort of dovetail into the future timeline suggested by The Last Man, which has come true in some ways this season.
                            Spoiler:
                            i think this is my *fave* of all sam-in-command ideas! i think it leaves it open, too, for sam to get around, so she could be in the sg1 movies, maybe the atlantis movies, and maybe in the new stargate universe. oh, and get home to honeypie/jack too.

(editing to add)
                            Spoiler:
                            but NO dying!!!!!!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                              For me, I always thought that: a) the bracelet helped with her accuracy a bit, b) she's a TOTAl genius who could calculate the velocity, angles, and force needed in a snap, and c) that she was a rad pool player (and was totally showing off for Jack!)

I guess there are bunch of ways of looking at it.
                              I think she's probably been a pool shark since her academy days if not before. The bands may have increased her senses and possibly her consistency, but I'd bet money she was really good without it. I certainly wouldn't play against her! Though it would be fun...

thanks!

about the amanda interview (HUGE spoilers for 'sanctuary') -

Spoiler:
                              it was a great interview!

i liked the simple but interesting questions. the only answer i was concerned with was when amanda said:

"There are a couple of episodes where there’s been this bizarre sexual tension between the two of them, and it’s by virtue of what’s happening in any given episode, especially in an episode called Requiem where Magnus goes a bit crazy. But generally there’s just a huge healthy respect – he’s the first real protégé she’s had."

i really don't like the idea of shipping helen/will, because i just find robin so young/almost teenage looking. really. but i'm keeping an open mind and seeing how things are handled.

sally
                              Spoiler:
                              as usual, i'm right there with you. If Magnus is going crazy, I'm all over that, even if it means she starts hitting on Will. Like you said, it all depends on how it's handled.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Well Sally....

Spoiler:
                              Helen does out live everyone, so she has to start with them young...eventually they'll be the right age, then too old for her

Hope that helps
                              *GROAN!!*
                              sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                              Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Are the action figures good for actually playing with? No, not for me. I've converted my young nephews to the show and when I mentioned action figures their eyes lit up. I'm thinking Christmas presents maybe...
                                Surrrrrre.

i wonder if that handwriting (that says 'the official amanda tapping website) is amanda's own?

sally
                                I believe it is.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                But it's not! I was sternly corrected when I typed figure. 'Action figure' (or 'figure' for short) denotes action, or movable bits and joints. A statue is static and can't be posed.

And I actually knew all this before, I was just remiss when I was typing out my reply.

So Sam's Major Matt Mason doll was probably an action figure since they are wasy more fun to play with. Statues are just for display.

(Wow. that was a stretch to bring that back on topic)
                                Wow. That was quite the stretch. Hope you didn't pull anything.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                Okay I tried my hands on some new animated icons, haven't done that in over a year cause I thought it was really hard but now I found an easy way...so yay! And I just thought i would share them since they are Amanda (and also 1 Sam/Jack)

1. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ivin1movie.gif 2. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ddle1movie.gif 3. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ways5movie.gif

Snurch away but if you use them on LJ or somewhere else please credit me!!

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                                Hey Samanda fans!

I'm not sure I've been here before but I was wondering if you could help me with a vid I'm making about Sam. I'm almost positive there's a scene in which Sam goes to a door but hesitates before opening it, a door at the SGC, like their private quarters. For the life of me though, I can't remember the episode it could be in. Can anyone think of it? Or a scene close to that one?

I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks!

Hey, nice to see you here. Doesn't ring a bell but I'll think about it.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                Just thought I'd let you know that on Friday my dad was told that he has a brain tumor...add to that my mum was bitten badly on her hand by one of her dogs who was in the process of attacking one of her little dogs, who is ok but has some bad puncture wounds on her back and neck. So I then had to take the big dog that attacked to the vet to be put to sleep and now mum is in hospital til Monday. Then last night my cousins son was involved in a car accident that killed two and critically injured 3 others...he's listed as critical but I'm hopeful that he'll be ok....so please take care. You gotta wonder how life works sometimes...if it doesn't rain it freakin pours.

(((CHELLE)) Hope everything works out OK. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

(insert your own comment here)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X