Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about that. I thought with Sam being a genius, she 'calculated' the angles thus using her head rather than her speed/power.
    I don't think the armbands made them smarter, just more physically powerful.
    I always had the impression Sam was really good at pool - even before "Upgrades". I don't recall any specific comment about it in previous episodes, and have read in a bunch of fanfics that she's really good at pool, so I'm not sure if it came from the show or was started in fanfiction. But I agree her abilities did not come from the armbands - just my opinion, mind you.

And I chuckled about the comment about the armbands making them stronger, not smarter. If they had become smarter because of the armbands, I don't think they would have been behaving in what was sort of a pretty reckless, irrational manner.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about that. I thought with Sam being a genius, she 'calculated' the angles thus using her head rather than her speed/power.
      While yes, it didn't make them "smarter", the armbands did increase their mental functions. Their brains had to be able to keep up with their increased physical speed. Therefore, it makes sense that their normal mental abilities were also increased.

Comment

Julia
        (Samcarterrules)
        Have a great day Julia, and we hope it's full with lots of fun and joy .

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I thought the AF wing patches have only been on their "outdoor" clothes? Or am I just unobservant?
          Actually, you’re right. The costume AT is wearing in the pic from Joe’s blog (and the other ones) is the blue garrison uniform. They only wear the SG-1 patch on the right arm and Earth point of origin patch on the left arm. They don’t wear the Air Force patch on it.

In the later season, they started wearing the Air Force patch on their off-world BDU’s just below the SG-1 patch:

I think the big question is what patch it is. Is it a SG-1 patch or a SGC patch? Here is what the SGC patch looks like:

Speculation on SGA - Enemy at the Gates:
          Spoiler:
          I can’t really tell for sure, but it looks more like an SG team patch rather than the generic SGC patch that a base commander would probably wear. So I have a feeling Sam is probably in charge of a team (possibly even SG-1) or maybe a special division within the SGC. I don't think she would be wearing a garrison uniform if she were in charge of a ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
            Haha kind of on a random Sam note....

Was watching Upgrades the other day and I kind of had an epiphany hehe. I only just cottoned onto the fact that Sam sunk all the balls when she was playing pool in the pub because of the bracelet she was wearing....

In all of the 100 or so times that I've seen that episode I always just thought she was just a really mad pool player....it only just occured to me that the bracelet made her great at pool...

I still like to think Sam is just an awesome pool player anyway and it actually had nothing to do with the bracelet's powers at all

That is all
            For me, I always thought that: a) the bracelet helped with her accuracy a bit, b) she's a TOTAl genius who could calculate the velocity, angles, and force needed in a snap, and c) that she was a rad pool player (and was totally showing off for Jack!)

I guess there are bunch of ways of looking at it.
            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
              Not sure if this has been posted before, but just in case it hasn't! Short news story on Sanctuary for the UK, as well as an interview with AT. Hope everybody's well!

http://www.seenit.co.uk/itv4-announc...sition/091970/
              http://www.seenit.co.uk/amanda-tappi...i-role/091972/
              thanks!

about the amanda interview (HUGE spoilers for 'sanctuary') -

Spoiler:
              it was a great interview!

i liked the simple but interesting questions. the only answer i was concerned with was when amanda said:

"There are a couple of episodes where there’s been this bizarre sexual tension between the two of them, and it’s by virtue of what’s happening in any given episode, especially in an episode called Requiem where Magnus goes a bit crazy. But generally there’s just a huge healthy respect – he’s the first real protégé she’s had."

i really don't like the idea of shipping helen/will, because i just find robin so young/almost teenage looking. really. but i'm keeping an open mind and seeing how things are handled.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna go to bed now.... *yawn* We're going cottage hunting tomorrow, for ALL of tomorrow, so i'm gonna need some decent Zs. Later Samandas! *hugs*
                --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  thanks!

Spoiler:

i liked the simple but interesting questions. the only answer i was concerned with was when amanda said:

"There are a couple of episodes where there’s been this bizarre sexual tension between the two of them, and it’s by virtue of what’s happening in any given episode, especially in an episode called Requiem where Magnus goes a bit crazy. But generally there’s just a huge healthy respect – he’s the first real protégé she’s had."

i really don't like the idea of shipping helen/will, because i just find robin so young/almost teenage looking. really. but i'm keeping an open mind and seeing how things are handled.

sally
                  Agreed, but I think they know what they're doing and once we see it hopefully it'll make sense. And hey, I'm all for a... nosebleed scene or two.

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                      Agreed, but I think they know what they're doing and once we see it hopefully it'll make sense. And hey, I'm all for a... nosebleed scene or two.
                      ... i don't know what you mean by nosebleed scene.

if it's adult, put the answer in spoilers.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

... i don't know what you mean by nosebleed scene.

if it's adult, put the answer in spoilers.

sally
                        Oh, sorry. A hot scene, if you will. Like...

NOTE - Not adult, but possible spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        Okay, I can't find it, but the pic (from the video on sanctuaryforall.com) of what seems to be Helen kissing Will.

And they're wet.

... Yeah.

Comment

thanks!

Spoiler:

sally
                          Well Sally....

Spoiler:
                          Helen does out live everyone, so she has to start with them young...eventually they'll be the right age, then too old for her

Hope that helps
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i highly doubt sam will be in charge of the SGC, she doesn't have the rank

as to her pool prowess...pool is simply angles and math and force and trajectory

when i was younger, i tried to play and i sucked. A few years ago i tried to play and i was pretty decent...because i had figured out that it was all angles and trajectory and force.

if i can do it, Sam can do it. I think she can be a very good player if she wants to be
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

**Happly waiting for Sanctuary to air**
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                                Pfft, how do you think I feel? After having thought about it for a couple weeks now, I didn't even tell Amanda that she was my hero. Also, I found out that my picture could have been less blurry, AND my sister's camera recorded video AND FLIPPING AUDIO!

I try not to think about this stuff, as [I think] it taints the awesomeness, but still. *sigh* Now I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars to see her again...
                                Hey neither did I.....*kicks herself* "DOH"

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                hehe, I loved yours! Though I totally understand about not wanting to hear your own message. I learned whilst recording it that there was just no way I could un-dork my voice.. but it was for Amanda so I can live with that. And now my voice is permanently out there.. dorking the world.

So know what u mean, Spent hours try to un-dork my voice....but it didnt work :\

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                You're voice sounded pretty , mine sounded like my mouth was dry, which at that point it was. *face turns red*

<Snipped for length>
                                Oh thanks Rocky

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                made a new wallpaper of Sam. Haven't made things in ages and I am really happy with this wallpaper

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9095/samwallieip7.th.jpg
                                (clickie for bigger)
                                Thats Beautiful Eve, as usual

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                Okay I tried my hands on some new animated icons, haven't done that in over a year cause I thought it was really hard but now I found an easy way...so yay! And I just thought i would share them since they are Amanda (and also 1 Sam/Jack)

1. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ivin1movie.gif 2. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ddle1movie.gif 3. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ways5movie.gif

Snurch away but if you use them on LJ or somewhere else please credit me!!
                                Ohhh me likie

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                **Happly waiting for Sanctuary to air**
                                Joins the waiting

Spoilers for OT

Spoiler:
                                Ok so been so busy lately and havent been able to come to my beloved Samanda to see all you guys me was missing you all....Yes even you Rocky...........I'm currently doing planning stuff for my 21st Bday party next weekend gosh never knew it was such hard work. Anywho did the big shop yesterday, went to two different supermarkets and going to another on Thursday night, and at one of the shops I got 10 packets of Blue Jello cause its the only place I can get Blue Jello from and we dont go there often so Im happy now. Hoping RL doesnt stop me from coming in here for the next little while cause that would suck

Happy (Belated) Birthday ReganX
                                Happy Birthday Julia
                                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X