Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Toe-may-toe. Tah-mah-toe. Rocks, artifacts. Toy/Action Figure/Statue. it's all the same.

suse
    Toy/Action Figure/Statue Maquette

What???? OK, so I'm a geek too
    -

Comment

Toe-may-toe. Tah-mah-toe. Rocks, artifacts. Toy/Action Figure/Statue. it's all the same.

suse
      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Toy/Action Figure/Statue Maquette

What???? OK, so I'm a geek too
      Ah....what language are these 2 speaking ....

Suse-ese
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by alta View Post
        Concerning Sam's patches (or lack of patches) in the latest photos,

Spoiler:
        Remember that Joe M. said that in the last SGA episode we will find out Sam's assignment after Continuum, so this might be a clue for us... but not being military, I don't know what it means.
        Geez, i've been outta the loop for too long.
        Spoiler:
        JM said that she won't be military? What the hell is that supposed to mean??? I don't think i can picture Sam not being military!

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        I think Amanda's site has a new header/banner.

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/AmandaSite/
        i like it!

Happy Birthday Julia!!!!
        --Kate

Comment

nonono, as far as i know, it has NEVER been said that sam won't be military.

folks are just making inferences by a lack of patches on sam's arms.

of course, bear in mind that this is the same costume dept that had jack's rank wrong, changed it once or twice during an eps, and have made other errors.

let's not put the cart before the horse, or rumor before the patch
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stéphanie Anne View Post
            Don't forget to vote on Amanda Tapping :
            http://persoonvanhetjaar.nl

click first on Sprache / Language : English on the right side of the page .
            than give amanda tapping in , in the search beam .
            click on the name and than vote .

I hope you can understand this message .
            I'm not so good in English , but I tried .

Stéphanie Anne
            Welcome Stephanie! (I'm sorry, but i can't put the accent on the 'e' with my computer)
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

of course, bear in mind that this is the same costume dept that had jack's rank wrong, changed it once or twice during an eps, and have made other errors.

*phew*
            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              So I was curious about the figure statue (I've been corrected) she was holding so asked my boyfriend who it was. He not only told me within .05 seconds of seeing the picture, he then proceeded to name all the statues on the shelves behind her (including the one where you can only see the gun). Yeah, he's a geek like me.

It's Darkseid from the DC comics. He's mainly a Superman baddy.
              The sad thing is, I was a Marvel girl, rather than DC; I recognised Darkseid from the Darkseid/Dark Phoenix one shot cross over.

FF Xmen geek since the 70's
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                What's interesting in the picture is that...

Spoiler:
                She's not wearing her AF patch. Usually on the left arm there's the Earth Crew patch (the one with the PoO glyph) and on the right arm there's the team patch with the Air Force patch below it. Does this mean anything.
                Spoiler:
                i was reading joe's blog, and pg15 seems to think that sam's going to be commanding the sgc!

i think it's too much to hope for, but i'm still shooting for her commanding her own ship!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                  I think Amanda's site has a new header/banner.

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/AmandaSite/
                  ooh, it looks great!

i wonder if that handwriting (that says 'the official amanda tapping website) is amanda's own?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    i was reading joe's blog, and pg15 seems to think that sam's going to be commanding the sgc!

i think it's too much to hope for, but i'm still shooting for her commanding her own ship!

sally
                    Spoiler:
                    Honestly, I would NOT want that. For one, Landry has only been there for two years. Also, as boring as it is, I'd rather have her in charge of R&D, as it would make her more available for missions. I don't think the writers would do that (SGC command), shooting themselves in the foot for movies. I believe that a 304 is the most logical move after Atlantis and leaving Cam with SG-1.

Comment

suse
                      But it's not! I was sternly corrected when I typed figure. 'Action figure' (or 'figure' for short) denotes action, or movable bits and joints. A statue is static and can't be posed.

And I actually knew all this before, I was just remiss when I was typing out my reply.

So Sam's Major Matt Mason doll was probably an action figure since they are wasy more fun to play with. Statues are just for display.

(Wow. that was a stretch to bring that back on topic)

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY Julia!!!!!!!
                        (Samcarterrules)

Hope you have a wonderful day

Comment

Okay I tried my hands on some new animated icons, haven't done that in over a year cause I thought it was really hard but now I found an easy way...so yay! And I just thought i would share them since they are Amanda (and also 1 Sam/Jack)

1. 2. 3.

Snurch away but if you use them on LJ or somewhere else please credit me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

True. I've also noticed that sometimes there is rank insignia on BDUs and sometimes not. I know jack/RDA didn't want to wear the "office" blues so his rank was on his BDU collars. And with the AF advisor locked in the broom closet who knows what things will look like. I kind of wished we had Sam's rank on her uniform when she was in Atlantis, but since she was wearing the Atlantis/Voyager uniform...

I thought the AF wing patches have only been on their "outdoor" clothes? Or am I just unobservant?

Oh, and have I said "Sam's a great character" today? She is, you know.

Comment

Haha kind of on a random Sam note....

Was watching Upgrades the other day and I kind of had an epiphany hehe. I only just cottoned onto the fact that Sam sunk all the balls when she was playing pool in the pub because of the bracelet she was wearing....

In all of the 100 or so times that I've seen that episode I always just thought she was just a really mad pool player....it only just occured to me that the bracelet made her great at pool...

I still like to think Sam is just an awesome pool player anyway and it actually had nothing to do with the bracelet's powers at all

That is all
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                                Haha kind of on a random Sam note....

Was watching Upgrades the other day and I kind of had an epiphany hehe. I only just cottoned onto the fact that Sam sunk all the balls when she was playing pool in the pub because of the bracelet she was wearing....

In all of the 100 or so times that I've seen that episode I always just thought she was just a really mad pool player....it only just occured to me that the bracelet made her great at pool...

I still like to think Sam is just an awesome pool player anyway and it actually had nothing to do with the bracelet's powers at all

That is all
                                I'm not entirely sure about that. I thought with Sam being a genius, she 'calculated' the angles thus using her head rather than her speed/power.
                                I don't think the armbands made them smarter, just more physically powerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X