Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
    Something that I can't get out of my mind (not that I want to): Sam in Avenger 2.0. This is definitely in my top 5 Sam episodes ever, and maybe top 3. Not only does she take out a butt load of Jaffa by herself, but she uses an INSANE M4 mod. That thing is by no means a light weight.

Oh yeah, I guess she has some nice dialog too.

EDIT

OH! Also, she had some pretty snarky comments about Felger in this episode when talking to Hammond.

PS - I use an M4 when that type of weapon is needed in any game because of this episode.
    Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I wouldn't say Avenger 2.0 is one of my favorite eps, but the last act with Sam taking on the Jaffa on the planet is definitely one of my favorite Soldier Sam moments. And I loved the 'think Bolivia' line.
    Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    the epitome of SoldierSam. First she is scouting the perimeter & then she takes on a platoon of Jaffa by herself. I also like how when the ship appears, she has her gun ready to keep defending herself to the end.
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4979/avengerendsw8.jpg

(Of course it turns out to be the good guys--but she doesn't totally let down her guard. she's still scanning the area while talking to O'Neill).
    I love the contrast between kick butt Sam v. Amanda's commentary on how she was Stargate Barbie because she had problems reloading her gun.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Re: our discussion of Paradise Lost

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I love the contrast between kick butt Sam v. Amanda's commentary on how she was Stargate Barbie because she had problems reloading her gun.
        Sign of a good actress that she's so believable in those types of scenes. She always says she's a klutz, but she's always believable in the physical scenes. On the other hand, I seem to recall the guy who plays Pendergast saying he used to play tennis with her & she was quite athletic, so I think she's also modest.

Comment

YES! That's what it was.

Also...

"And, among the other Stargate-related things to look forward to next week: Amanda Tapping[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!], spinning the movie, completing production on Enemy at the Gate, Thursday’s final Vancouver wrap, and, of course, the 100th Episode/Series Wrap Party." - Joseph Mallozzi's blog post for yesterday
          So she finished filming Sanctuary Friday, off to Atlantis next week not to mention all the post production duties she'll have as Exec Producer and all the publicity ... makes me tired just thinking of it.

Sign of a good actress that she's so believable in those types of scenes. She always says she's a klutz, but she's always believable in the physical scenes. On the other hand, I seem to recall the guy who plays Pendergast saying he used to play tennis with her & she was quite athletic, so I think she's also modest.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I love it when Sam gets "snarky". And she's always so justified when she does it (at least in my opinion). One of my absolute most favorite times was not the words, but when she hauled off and slugged Ba'al in "The Quest". Yay, Sam! I thought she had an enormously satisfied look on her face after she did that.
            I also enjoyed "Says the Brainiac that spent three days trapped in that force field."

**Sam referring to Quest Part One when Ba'al was trapped in the force field (which btw I enjoy the look of disdain she had as she questioned Ba'al and how she threw the nutrition bar over Ba'al head to Mitchell.) **
            sigpic

Comment

[quote=Edb;8930044]
              Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              Already have tickets for Chicago. Hopefully Joe will come there too. He was supposed to a couple years ago but had to cancel.

Were you coming to Chicago?

Hey, Michigan, I'm planning on going to Chicago in August too. No tickets, yet but soon.
              YAY! Love getting to see my Gateworld buddies in person.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

I like how she shakes her hand after hitting him...leave it to Amanda not to leave anything out.
              She never misses a detail. Even if she was in the background in a scene, she reacted fully to what was going on. Love watching her expressions. She and Chris have the most expressive faces, multiple emotions can be conveyed in one simple look.

She is nothing if not modest. Just one of the reasons why we all love her so much. Beautiful, talented, etc., but still has all the insecurities and doubts that we all do. She's never looked at herself as anything but a very lucky woman. Doesn't seem to realize it's more talent than luck in her case. That's our Amanda.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Hmmmm ..... reading all these posts I realise Sam is a lot snarkier than I thought. Most examples seem to come from later years, maybe the snarkiness is from hanging around so much. (If that's the price you have to pay to be around Jack I say "so be it")

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  I also enjoyed "Says the Brainiac that spent three days trapped in that force field."

**Sam referring to Quest Part One when Ba'al was trapped in the force field (which btw I enjoy the look of disdain she had as she questioned Ba'al and how she threw the nutrition bar over Ba'al head to Mitchell.) **
                  the one problem i had with paradise lost...sam was made to look bad just to facilitate the plot. and not only did they do it - maybourne snagging her zat - they then called attention to it by making her publically announce her 'failing' to hammond.

it wasn't maybourne being a sneak that grated, but sam 'confessing' to hammond. IMHO, that line would have been better served to have been seen during her scene with Teal'c. 'it's my fault that he's gone. maybourne got my zat....' to which teal'c replies, 'yes, he did, however my experience with the former colonel harry maybourne is that if he is committed to having something happen, he will make it happen. and you are not the only member of this command whose vision he has obscured with the coat of a sheep'

and sam frowns as she figures out what the heck he just said. 'pulled the wool over my eyes teal'c,' she corrects. 'and that habit of his is precisely why i should have paid more attention.'

Teal'c quirks his head, realizing that he can't change her mind and then suggests 'perhaps you can confess your perception of failure to o'neill when we find him'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm ..... reading all these posts I realise Sam is a lot snarkier than I thought. Most examples seem to come from later years, maybe the snarkiness is from hanging around so much. (If that's the price you have to pay to be around Jack I say "so be it")
                    I think hanging iwth jack is part of it. and her growing confidence in herself and the realization that she CAN speak her mind upon occasion and no one is gonna judge her for it.

'with rank comes priviledges'...and it aint' just a cliche. She's no longer the captain subject to the criticism of others, she's a major/lt colonel/colonel with command experience of her own.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky quit unless your going to be writing some more fic soon (hint, hint) You can't just leave your fans wanting more can ya???
                      sigpic

Comment

WRITE. WRITE. WRITE.

Did it work?
                        Jenni

Comment

So she finished filming Sanctuary Friday, off to Atlantis next week not to mention all the post production duties she'll have as Exec Producer and all the publicity ... makes me tired just thinking of it.
                          i hope amanda gets an assistant.

(((amanda)))

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i hope amanda gets an assistant.

(((amanda)))

sally
                            While it would help, that's what the typical Hollywood...ian does. It's just not how she rolls.

Comment

If that's how you get snark, then bring it on!

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              Sky quit unless your going to be writing some more fic soon (hint, hint) You can't just leave your fans wanting more can ya???
                              She's a tease. Like some others around here.

While it would help, that's what the typical Hollywood...ian does. It's just not how she rolls.
                              Tis why she has left her luddite roots behind and embraced technology. She NEEDS a device to keep track of her schedule. I wonder if she's had a moment yet where she woke up and couldn't remember what city she was in.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Tis why she has left her luddite roots behind and embraced technology. She NEEDS a device to keep track of her schedule. I wonder if she's had a moment yet where she woke up and couldn't remember what city she was in.
                                Hehe, no, that's Lindsy Lohan.

Comment

Working...
                                X