Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sweet and awesome moment

Comment

I thought you didn't go to Gatecon, Rocky?
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        I thought you didn't go to Gatecon, Rocky?
        I didn't, I found these pics somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          I didn't, I found these pics somewhere else.
          Well, where did you find them? Who took them?

I would be incredibly miffed if someone were posting my pictures without either permission or credit. It's one thing to post them and say "I found these somewhere, I've forgotten where I found them or whose they were but I thought they were cool" and another all together to just post without giving any credit.

I know I'm not the only photographer on here that feels this way, and I've become vary wary of sharing my pictures because of things like this. At one point I stopped sharing pictures all together because someone stole one of my pictures and started using it for all sorts of things and claiming it was her own (trust me, very distinctive picture in this case).

If people continue to post pictures without giving credit, I think the photographers will become much more wary of where they post photos, watermarks they put on them and whether they share at all. And that would be an incredible shame, making everyone lose out because there's a few words of gratitude missing from a post.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            I've personally always thought of Sam as the 'hero' of the episode, while Mitchell had more of a supporting role of keeping her alive. If she hadn't been able to expand the out-of-phase field, while being critically injured, everyone in the village would have died.

Well, in the US at least the 21st birthday is usually a bigger deal because that's the drinking age.
            Oh.....but I'm not American.....As much as I wish I was......the drinking age here is 18
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

These are some pics I took

Here is my final slide show #2.. I added a couple of my favorite frames from the first slide show to build it up a bit. Enjoy!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=c81226e9.pbw

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                All I can say is...UPDATE!!!!!!!
                I have no idea what kind of card it is so I wouldn't know where to look. *wibble* It's a computer shell a friend gave me when my eMachine motherboard died. It is a Compaq shell, with my eMachine's extra Ram, and a new DVD RAM I'd purchased not long before Carter (the puter) died.

This one is...RepliCarter.

*snerk*

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                I'm back! And a loooooong way behind lol.

I spent all of AT's birthday travelling so I bid the lovely lady a slightly belated, but hopefully very happy birthday.

Ugh jetlag.
                Hiya, friend!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Good to see you back Titti!!
                Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Hehe, Tits. Hello.
                *giggles*

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                I think you just have to check your local listings MLB like most sports tend to show games depending on their region. If a another MLB team is playing at the same time and is closer to you, then that's probably the game you will see instead of Tampa Bay.
                I is SO sad. I really wanted to be there. Or to maybe see something on TV. But if it's 1pm ET there's no baseball showing here (in CA...the other coast) and if it's 1pm PT there's a different game on.

And I can't seem to find the Fox sports channel...just Fox Tv.

*growl*
                Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  How about a caption this with this pic I took at GateCon last weekend: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ady/RDAAT3.jpg
                  RDA, (for the 3rd time) "What did she say?"

Comment

HAPPY
                    BIRTHDAY
                    AMANDA!

Love You! Hope ya have an awesome year!!

Once again, Thank you for being YOU!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      How about a caption this with this pic I took at GateCon last weekend:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ady/RDAAT3.jpg
                      Amanda: *to herself...* He did not just say that. OMG, he DID! That is the last time I share anything private with that man!
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys, I need some help .

I'm sure y'all know that there's supposed to be a game with the Tampa bay rays tomorrow, and it's scheduled to begin at 3:55pm, and the Sci-Fi Night events follow the baseball game. And that Amanda, Robin and Damian will be participating. Can I ask a favor? If anyone can, can someone record it and send it to me somehow? If anyone can, I'll be forever happy, if not, it's OK.

A few months back, I did something similar on imdb, and friend of mine there, taped what I was looking for, and she burned it onto a DVD, and mailed it to me. Could you do the same? Btw, it was also Amanda related .
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 30 August 2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Hi all...posted the rest of my Gatecon photos!

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/144910.html
                          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Rick: and then she asked me what I was wearing.

*those who attended AT3 will get it*
                            *snort* hehehehe

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                            Hiya, friend!
                            Hey you....we really didn't hang out enough at Gatecon *pokes you lots* but it was very awesome to see you!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Definitely gotta hang out more next time!

And...that caption would make better sense if it were what she said. However, he asked "What are you" and she said "wearing?"

That would be in reference to her. Not him.

But other than that it's funny.
                              Jenni

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Me and my husband always go out to dinner on both of our birthdays. We always go on the actual day, even if there's no-one else in the restaurant, like on a monday. It's something special, just the 2 of us.
                                And we usually have a party for friends and family to celebrate both our birthdays at once (it's 3 weeks apart). Just at home, in a weekend between our bds, in the evening like most people here do.
                                It's all fine by me, birthdays don't really mean a lot to me. Also, with some friends we cancelled exchanging gifts (cause, really, what is there left to give) and we go out for dinner once a year in stead. So, that means a couple of nice dinners during the year I love spending an evening in our favourite restaurant with friends.
                                Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                                This year was my 30th, so we had a big party with lots of friends and food, but I think I'm done with parties until my 40th (cringe).
                                This year I went out karaokeing with friends. And that's the way I like to do it and try to do it every year. I also counted San Diego as a birthday treat this year
                                To be honest, I don't mind too much what I do, as long as I'm not around my family. I'm happy on my own with internets and DVDs or in a crowd doing dinner and karaoke. I'm not all that fussy.
                                Ooooh... and CHELLE! Thank you SO SO SO MUCH! I received Pei Pei today! And the Calendar, it's beautiful! Thank you so much!
                                Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                Hmm, how did I spent my birthday? I normally don't like to do anything big, I just like to go through the day as if it were a normal day. So basically, I'm like Teal'c when it comes to that
                                My birthday falls 3 days after Christmas and 3 days before New Years Eve, so it sometimes feels like a week-long party. I'm also a triplet, so my birthday parties are usually shared with my brother and sister and all of our friends. Quite fun.

Thank you all for sharing your birthday experiences...I realize it is off topic but it was kinda in homage to Amanda's birthday...and it's kinda fun!!
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm actually quite similar to you Tracy in that I'd prefer to not be around my family...and I don't mean my hubby and kids but rather the extended lot...not that I don't love them but it's sometimes more stress than it's worth.
                                I'd love to do karaoke but I have I'd hate to subject other patrons to that!!
                                I too am happy on my own...in my own little world either on the net or watching dvd's...or even just going to work and having a day unlike the day before or the the day after!!...much like Rocky!!
                                But like you Lies, I usually just celebrate with the hubby and kids and then we have the family gathering on either a Friday or Saturday night after the actual day...it makes it easier for those who work and have to travel to get here...especially with the kids and school. We usually just do coffee and cake followed by more coffee and lots and lots of noise!!!
                                Bek...life begins at 40...it's not so bad...I'm not quite there yet but I'm actually not afraid of it!!
                                Evenstar...wow...a triplet...how cool!!!
                                Birthdays are great...so long as they are someone elses!!
                                Oh and Tracy...you're more than welcome...I'm glad he finally got there!!

If anyone is interested, I've got a new Sam/Teal'c friendship fic up on LJ. This thing took me forever to write, but with lots of help from Tracy, Roonie and Sky, it's finally ready.
                                The blurb: Carter and Teal'c are captured by a forgotten goa'uld queen who alters Sam's physiology in a fundamental way. Now she and Teal'c must find a way to undo the damage and get off a planet with no stargate or ships. All with the "help" of a potential ally whom they're not sure they can trust.
                                Altered
                                Just to back up Bekah on this one... it's a really good story. The uncertain allegiance of the "ally" is intriguing, the friendship between Sam and Teal'c is thought provoking and touching, and it's an all round good fic.
                                Spoiler:
                                I also posted a new fic the other day. I'm not totally comfortable with the self-promotion thing, but seeing as you know, it's on topic, given that Bekah is promoting her fic and we're talking about stories....
                                I've written Poppy Fields. It's based on Continuum and Sam's missing year. There's some bad language and shades of Sam/Jack (although it has the seal of approval from not one but TWO polar bears). Originally under the working title "One Year", Poppy Fields goes through Sam's year month by month. It was fun to write.
                                The official summary makes reference to the title: One moment and the whole of reality shifts off the yellow brick road. For Sam, life stands still and she's left in the shadow of her alternate self.
                                Thank you ladies...I'll be sure to finish reading them before bed...I'm sure they are just as brilliant as the writers themselves!!
                                So, what do you think about Sam in season 10?? I recently finished season 9 (which I loved), so am about to start season 10.
                                Season 10 was good. Line in the Sand is in my top 5 favorite episodes.
                                I loved season 10, though I thought the 'filler' episodes between The Shroud and Dominion were a little weak. My favorites were probably The Pegasus Project, Company of Thieves, Line in the Sand, The Road Not Taken, and Unending.
                                I loved season 10...mind you, I actually don't mind season 9 either but...I loved Line in the Sand and Company of Thieves...and I love love love Bad Guys!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X