Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I always wondered why the air force never acknowledged Amanda's contribution like they did with RDA. Not that I begrudge Rick's special award thingy but, my feelings aside, Amanda deserves the same recognition as Rick for all her hard work.
    Maybe it was because AT is Canadian while RDA's American?

I seem to remember her mentioning in an interview that she got to participate in some kind of Air Force ceremony recently, so hopefully they at least somewhat appreciate what a fantastic job she's done portraying a highly respected and capable Air Force officer.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Well Chelle you see
      [SPOILERS]
      Spoiler:
      I actually put a pick of her instead. This pic-
      Spoiler:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=523&pictureid=4262
      Is this pic okay?

I agree with everything you said Chelle, Amanda does deserve some good recognition from all this, and I really hope she gets it . Btw, great YT vid .
      I think you chose well Rocky!
      That vid was actually a lot harder to make than I anticipated but considering it's my second video...first with actual movie clips, I'm happy with it!! Thanks anyway...I'm glad you liked it!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think you chose well Rocky!
        That vid was actually a lot harder to make than I anticipated but considering it's my second video...first with actual movie clips, I'm happy with it!! Thanks anyway...I'm glad you liked it!
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Oh good, it's just that I was a little--SUPER shy about sending a pic of myself, so I thought it'd be better in sending a pic of her instead, since her pics are so much better .

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Hehe... the project....

Spoiler:
          Amanda, don't look. Srsly/
          Spoiler:
          I said...
          Spoiler:
          What photos did you guys include? Photos of you, or Amanda, of you with Amanda?
          Spoiler:
          hi
          Spoiler:
          more
          Spoiler:
          Spoilers
          Spoiler:
          Well I dont have a pic of Amanda and I (but I REALLY want one) so I put a pick of Chris Judge and I insteid.....

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I've noticed that too. I was watching "Counterstrike" yesterday & I noticed at one point when Sam, Daniel & Cam are walking through the ship, Sam is the only one with her P90 at the ready. Ok, sure the ship is *supposed* to be empty, but Sam is ready just in case. The other guys were kind of strolling along. I wonder if that was AT's decision. She seems very aware of that kind of thing.

Pics of Amanda gone?! Nooo! Seriously, I hope the computer isn't as badly hurt as you think.
          Yeah we get our hard drive back today (mom went and bought a removable hard drive a little while back) and find out what has been saved, I'm crossing my fingers....
          sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
            Spoiler:
            hi
            Spoiler:
            more
            Spoiler:
            Spoilers
            Spoiler:
            Well I dont have a pic of Amanda and I (but I REALLY want one) so I put a pick of Chris Judge and I insteid.....
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            This is coming from the girl who "loves" Amanda more? Fortunalty when I sent mine, I had like over 300 Amanda/Sam pics to choose from

Yeah we get our hard drive back today (mom went and bought a removable hard drive a little while back) and find out what has been saved, I'm crossing my fingers....
            Good luck on that, I hope it turns out well. I feel for you, when my lap-top was getting fixed, I was hoping a praying they'd save all my old hard drive info. They did, it was mostly Amanda stuff .

Comment

Spoiler:
              well
              Spoiler:
              Rocky
              Spoiler:
              seeing as I might have lost all my (1000+) Amanda Photos its a little hard....Mum specially saved the digital camera pics....so...had those...
              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                Spoiler:
                well
                Spoiler:
                Rocky
                Spoiler:
                seeing as I might have lost all my (1000+) Amanda Photos its a little hard....Mum specially saved the digital camera pics....so...had those...
                Spoiler:
                1000+ pics? Wow, that's, that's something . I hope they're safe.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  Question.
                  Did Amanda dye her hair for personal reasons (like she just felt like it) or for Sanctuary?
                  If you don't know, it's ok, but if you do, please let me know!!!
                  she did it for sanctuary. helen's hair is dark and amanda didn't want to wear a wig, so she dyed her hair
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

During the process of making the video, I got to notice the difference between the hair then and now in the promo shots we've seen. I loved the wig. It looked great. Having said that, I also love Amanda's hair now too. It's definitely different but either way, both the wig and the natural hair look awesome! Og course that may very well have a lot to do with Amanda herself!!

On that note...I'm off to enjoy the rest of this cold Sunday with my family and the huge pile of washing on my bed!!!
                    Night all, take care and have fun!
                    (((Samandans)))
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Re: the project thingy...

Since a couple of people have asked me about the secret project...

Spoiler:
                      blerg
                      Spoiler:
                      And about my audio...
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Re: the project thingy...
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

I had help from my daughter.
                        1. I had no idea how to do it
                        2. I had to use her computer to do it
                        3. I was so nervous I actually got an upset tummy from it
                        4. It took me IIRC 7 attempts at saying the few measly lines I said.
                        I kept my message very short and to the point. Basically I wished her a happy birthday...that was pretty much it!! And that's bad for me coz normally I could talk til the cows come home...and seeings how I don't own cows...I could go on forever!!!
                        I put in a picture of me in jail!!.And no...not a mug shot...it was the jail we visited in Tasmania back in January!. But still...it was one that was most current.
                        I really didn't have fun doing the audio...it's hard enough trying to find the right words when posting or writing a letter let alone actually saying it aloud...without sounding ridiculous...which I did in the end anyway!!!
                        Besides...I really really have issues with the sound of my voice. But...I did participate because I do think that had I not, I would have kicked myself for not trying. See...Amanda inspires me to try!! Well. She does!!!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        Well Chelle
                        Spoiler:

you see
                        Spoiler:

It's funny because
                        Spoiler:
                        it took me like 2 hours to do, and I kept loosing my voice . I wanted to make sure it was just right, and sounded great , after all, it's Amanda, I'd better do it great . But yea, I didn't put a picture of me in the message, I actually put a pick of her instead. This pic-

Spoiler:

Is this pic okay?
                        Hey, look kid! There's no reason to brag.

Seriously, Rocky
                        Spoiler:
                        just remembered your first post about it
                        Spoiler:
                        more spoiler space
                        Spoiler:
                        It took you only two hour to do a 46 second message?!? I feel like an absolute failure now! Mine is about half as long and it took me two hours and an unknown number of attempts (26 that I saved plus I don't know how many that I screwed up so badly on that I didn't even save them).
                        LOL @ self
                        Rocky, you are my hero!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Since a couple of people have asked me about the secret project...

Spoiler:
                          blerg
                          Spoiler:
                          And about my audio...
                          Oh Eileen...you did a much better job than I!! Well done!!

Just some more news posted on the front page of GW with regard to the Atlantis movies...if anyone is interested!
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                            Hey, look kid! There's no reason to brag.

Seriously, Rocky
                            Spoiler:
                            just remembered your first post about it
                            Spoiler:
                            more spoiler space
                            Spoiler:
                            It took you only two hour to do a 46 second message?!? I feel like an absolute failure now! Mine is about half as long and it took me two hours and an unknown number of attempts (26 that I saved plus I don't know how many that I screwed up so badly on that I didn't even save them).
                            LOL @ self
                            Rocky, you are my hero!
                            Yeah
                            Spoiler:
                            well you
                            Spoiler:
                            didn't end up with a 90 second message like I did I had to write to Kamil pleading him to let me keep it in . I even needed a bottle of water with me there because my mouth kept getting dry . But after like 2 hours I finally got it .

Comment

Hi everyone !

I thought i'd drop in and say hi it's been a while scince i've posted here i've been having some internet problems becase i have the wireless i havent been getting a strong enough signal untill tonight so fingers crossed it stays i've missed chatting with everyone so it's great to be back and know i have a lot to catch up on

AMANDA ROCKS SO MUCH !
                              sigpic
                              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Dude
                                Spoiler:
                                what's with
                                Spoiler:
                                all the
                                Spoiler:
                                spoiler
                                Spoiler:
                                buttons
                                Spoiler:
                                ?
                                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X