Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

I've seen pics of her from the Gemini Awards, but those are new, wow, she is a stunner . These pics where after Olivia was born right...wow, having baby, and age just does not effect this woman in a negative way. Btw, was she talked about on ET Canada or Star tv after that, I mean after most awards shows, they're talked about the fashion somewhere, do you know of any vids? All I've seen of her from the GA is this vid-
    AT SA Gemini2006

<Snipped for lenght>
    I'd hadn't seen that before. I'm pretty sure its a year after she was born. Hehehe

"I had a poster of you on my wall from highschool." how old does that make her feel

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    One of the workers who sits behind me has just asked over the phone for the "number of Amanda at Sanctuary"

I'm laughing at my desk and everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy (which is fair enough really)

hehehe don't worry we get people in all the time from things like star track and the guys name is Kirk and i just laugh my butt off, then i get odd stares
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      lolol. And oh my word I say indeed a lot. I'm not even aware of how much I use the phrase anymore, it just happens. And I know that it must be a lot, because every time I'm talking to mum about something and she agrees she now goes "indeed". I've irreversably contaminated her!
      I have the same problem...though I have an excuse in that it was one of my favorite words before Stargate. But now my mom's made it so that I can't use it in any sense without giggling. *sigh*

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        I have the same problem...though I have an excuse in that it was one of my favorite words before Stargate. But now my mom's made it so that I can't use it in any sense without giggling. *sigh*
        There are several little fandom quotes that seem to have become embedded in my speech. They've become quite normal so I don't really realise I'm saying them, it's just become the natural word I'd use in responding to a situation. 'Holy Hannah' is another one. I remember coming out of the theatre after seeing Wicked for the first time - I was with a friend and a few people I didn't know and they'd all seen it before and asked me what I thought and 'Holy Hannah!' came out. They all laughed, and they still call me holy hannah *snort*.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Amanda interview:
          www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=57974
          Thanks to Prion for original post.
          Thank you EH-T and Prion!!
          Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          And I'm trying to pin TJ & Kir down to a time to meet for dinner Saturday night. I'm driving down to SD just to meet them since I can't afford ComicCon...and now if I could, no tickets left.
          (((Sunny)))...well even though you can't get to ComicCon, at least you get to have dinner with some lovely ladies.
          Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Thanks Lies!!!
          I'm confident!!
          Thanks for the link. Your shippy heart must have skipped a beat at seeing that!
          Mine almost stopped. That's not a good thing...is it???
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          hate to be a downer here but there's a big difference between 'writing a script' and 'studio gives the green light'
          Staying positive....staying positive...not just for the ship but for another movie!!!!
          Originally posted by Alan View Post
          All that aside...as long as she remembers that we call a cellphone a mobile phone, gasoline is called petrol, soccer is called football, we spell words differently and we don't say things like "he'll be along momentarily" then she'll do fine.
          Actually soccer is just soccer and football is footy...ok...so I'm not confused but I can totally understand if you are!!
          "He'll be along momentarily" = "He'll be here in a sec"
          Hey...I wonder if Helen knows how to play cricket??
          Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Spoiler:
          Chelle, I'm sure you're very pretty, after all, it's whats inside that counts. *wink*
          If only you knew!!!
          Have fun at AT4 Will do...won't be hard...too many wonderful people going!
          That's quite a dream Chelle, I can almost picture the way you describe it, it reminds me of mine, you remember them right? I posted them last week. Anyway hopefully at AT4 a bit of that dream will become a reality. Cross you fingers. *wink* My hubby says I have an uncanny ability to remember all my dreams...and I have a lot of them...I do forget some...especially as I get older...but I can recall them as if I had actually watched them in a movie.
          Oh great idea Julia, uh Chelle could you also ask Amanda to pop into my dreams as well? Last week when I had like 4 dreams of her in 2 nights, I expecting her the 3rd night, but she didn't show. I wish I had more control over my dreams. Even though the three Amanda dreams I've had thus far have been nice...I think I would prefer to dream about other things. Not that I don't like to dream about Amanda but...never mind! I think I wuld prefer to dream about Amanda than work...and I can tell you, I dream about work nearly every week...not sure if I should view them as dreams or nightmares??
          2 questions about Amanda:
          1. Does anyone know what else Amanda is? She's English, but what else is she, what other background does she have?
          2. This may sound silly, but what's her first accent, Canadian or English, and how old was she when she came to Canada?
          Not sure where her family tree goes to...if she's happy to oblige that information than sweet otherwise I'm happy to not know.
          Amanda was 3 when she moved from England to Canada...I would assume that her accent is predominately Canadian but I could imagine that if her parents both have a strong British accents than she may slip into that as well...wouldn't be hard. I know that when I was visiting my cuz in NZ many many years ago, I didn't realize that I had picked up a bit of a Kiwi accent....so maybe she has some British mannerisms...who knows!!!
          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          I have that habit too, and once embarrassed myself with it in the worst way possible. I was at the dinner with Chris Judge at the Armageddon convention this year and I replied to something he said with "...indeed." Straight away, I clamped my hand over my mouth with a look of horror... but it took him a few seconds to work out what the hell was going on.
          Then he laughed his arse off at my discomfort.
          ....at least he didn't call you a "dirty girl" again!!!

Night all...take care and have fun!!
          (((Samandans)))
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

There are several little fandom quotes that seem to have become embedded in my speech. They've become quite normal so I don't really realise I'm saying them, it's just become the natural word I'd use in responding to a situation. 'Holy Hannah' is another one. I remember coming out of the theatre after seeing Wicked for the first time - I was with a friend and a few people I didn't know and they'd all seen it before and asked me what I thought and 'Holy Hannah!' came out. They all laughed, and they still call me holy hannah *snort*.
            "For Crying out Loud" was one of my favourite sayings many-many years before Jack was first heard to utter it.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            Amanda was 3 when she moved from England to Canada...I would assume that her accent is predominately Canadian but I could imagine that if her parents both have a strong British accents than she may slip into that as well...wouldn't be hard. I know that when I was visiting my cuz in NZ many many years ago, I didn't realize that I had picked up a bit of a Kiwi accent....so maybe she has some British mannerisms...who knows!!!
            Yes she does! You should hear her impression of Becky! It's hilarious. Maybe we can get her to repeat the performance at AT4.

Mumsey
            (ducks and runs( from miffed offspring)
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

One of the workers who sits behind me has just asked over the phone for the "number of Amanda at Sanctuary"

I'm laughing at my desk and everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy (which is fair enough really)
              That's hysterical! Would you believe I had a phone call, followed by an email, from a Samantha Carter a couple of days ago?! It was almost disappointing to realize she is a UK marketing executive... funny though.
              "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                "For Crying out Loud" was one of my favourite sayings many-many years before Jack was first heard to utter it.

Yes she does! You should hear her impression of Becky! It's hilarious. Maybe we can get her to repeat the performance at AT4.

Mumsey
                hey wait...isI think I just saw a cat escape from that bag *g* Baton twirling...embarassing Becky...the AT4 schedule is getting full already.

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
                That's hysterical! Would you believe I had a phone call, followed by an email, from a Samantha Carter a couple of days ago?! It was almost disappointing to realize she is a UK marketing executive... funny though.
                Yeah...I did almost try and explain my laughter to Sharon, but it would just have taken too long. Both Sanctuarys are refuges too and pretty cool
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I was so excited about a client I had the other day, but so gutted when I realised I can never tell because of client confidentiality!

Let's just say his first name was Sam.

Oh, and hypothetically if I ever get an O'Neill at work I automatically ask "with 2 Ls?" Say... if on my first week on the phones I had a Jack O'Neill the conversation could have sound something like this.

Eileen: "And your name?"

Client: "Jack O'Neill."

Eileen: "With 2 Ls?"

Client: "Yeah, 2 L's."

Eileen: "Jack O'Neill... with 2 L's."

Client: "Yeah... Jack O'Neill with 2 Ls."

Eileen: *is so glad client can't see manic grinning from other end of phone line*

He had a sense of humour, too.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

OT: Since there are a lot of MW fans here as well! The 2nd part of Martin's interview is on GateWorld for those interested

Comment

Amanda interview:

www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=57974

Thanks to Prion for original post.
                      Oh cool, thanks for that EH-T, that was a good interview, but the part that had me squeeing and smiling was this-

For her role, Tapping has lost the bobbed blond do of Sam Carter and gained a head of long, curly black hair. "The only hard thing, honestly, has been that my daughter, who is 3, is blond with blue eyes, and we always looked alike, and I had to come home and not look like her," Tapping said. "And she was awesome. She said, 'Mommy, I liking your dark hair.' And now she wants to dye her hair dark. She wants to look like Mommy."

*Squeeing* Isn't that so cute? That reminds me of the last interview Amanda made with GW, but Amanda's right, they do like alike, and now Olivia wants to dye her hair too? Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? I guess a bond between mother and daughter is sacred. I mean look that them -

Btw, have you seen this from the Sci-fi website? Notice it says "Starring Amanda Tapping" - SCi-fi Enters Sanctuary

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      concerning one of amanda's newest sanctuary interviews...

http://tv.ign.com/articles/892/892480p1.html

Spoiler:
                      she's keeping the english accent!!

i read the interview yesterday, but i forgot to squee over here.

again, i'm VERY glad she's staying english!

on that poster again...

when i looked at it, i saw the good contrast between helen and ashley, with one having brunette and the other blond. but i wonder, if amanda had helen go blond, i bet ashley would go brunette.

or helen red and ash brown.

or ash going punk and helen freaking out.

but anyways, the contrast works.

another thing; i want to see a scene of helen loosing it, kind of how mitchell lost it in his quarters in 'unending'. we saw helen, back in her dating john days quite gentle and in control, so i would love to see how she ended up the way she is now. not that she's a firecracker ready to go off, but i can see the wick just barely sticking up.

sally
                      Wow, thanks for that Sally it's really good to hear Amanda will be keeping the english accent . And a blonde Helen...hmm... I LOVE IT . I've only seen a few clips and such of Amanda as Helen talking with her english accent, and she does it very well. Oh boy, October's getting close *SQUEE* . Oh, boy, I can't wait to see what Amanda has in store of helen

Oh, btw the guys, it turns out I won't need the surgery after all . The last time I saw my doc, and got checked up, he said he had good news for me, it seems the damaged parts of my back that were damaged are actually getting better. They're actually regenerating themselves, he said it's not uncommon for someone with my age who's back injury to regenerate. Maybe it was luck, or maybe it was the good wishes from you guys that fixed me up. And lets not forget me seeing Amanda's beautiful smile and laugh everyday, either on pics, or Stargate, yup, pretty sure Amanda had something to do with it .

Comment

Thanks for the link. Your shippy heart must have skipped a beat at seeing that!
                        It's trying to skip beats all the time, with all the news we've been getting. I'm trying to keep it in check though, we'll see it when we actually do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Only 6 Days Left Until

Comes Out On DVD!!!!!

This is Colonel Samantha Carter; telling you to buy, not download, not burn, BUY Stargate: Continuum. That’s an order!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            I'm confident!!
                            Me too.

As am I.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              concerning one of amanda's newest sanctuary interviews...

http://tv.ign.com/articles/892/892480p1.html

Spoiler:
                              she's keeping the english accent!!

i read the interview yesterday, but i forgot to squee over here.

again, i'm VERY glad she's staying english!

In response to Sally's spoiler....

Spoiler:
                              I'm very glad too Sally and thanks for the link.

another thing; i want to see a scene of helen loosing it, kind of how mitchell lost it in his quarters in 'unending'. we saw helen, back in her dating john days quite gentle and in control, so i would love to see how she ended up the way she is now. not that she's a firecracker ready to go off, but i can see the wick just barely sticking up.

sally
                              I'd love to see that too Sally
                              Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              That is very good news. Thank you for posting that!

Spoiler Tagged in response to the above spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I just hope that Amanda's Britishness is actually Britishness and not an American's exaggerated take on Britishness which, in many American movies or TV series really p***** me off. When casting a British actor or having an American/Canadian playing a British part its usually always a regionalised English accent and which I think sometimes comes across with RP (Received Pronounciation). That seems to be the stereotypical way used to represent a British character. Same thing in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Same thing in Battlestar Galactica. Same thing in Star Trek: Enterprise. Same thing in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the same thing in Angel and so on and so forth. Heads up guys...we all don't sound like that!

Additional: I forgot to say that I'm pleased Amanda is going to try to sound not so regional English and going to broaden it. That's very good to know. I'm sure she's got to have met British fans who aren't all from England so she must know the many different accents here in Britain. I trust she'll do a good job with it as she does with everything else so I'm not worried.

All that aside...as long as she remembers that we call a cellphone a mobile phone, gasoline is called petrol, soccer is called football, we spell words differently and we don't say things like "he'll be along momentarily" then she'll do fine.
                              Your right Allen it is sometimes annoying when TV generalises accents, I would think it might be easier to teach an actor a neutral version of the accent rather the the regional variations though.
                              Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                              And I'd love it even if she spoke another language. I'd just...learn.
                              *fangirls*
                              Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              That would rock. We know she learned sign language to do Children of a Lesser God. Maybe they can work that into the show. She could use it with creatures that don't have the ability to speak. Someone suggest it at Comic Con.

I SOOOOOO hope Skiffy releases the video of the panel again this year.
                              Yeah Helen speaking different languages and sign language would be so cool.

LOL, hahaha!
                              lolol. And oh my word I say indeed a lot. I'm not even aware of how much I use the phrase anymore, it just happens. And I know that it must be a lot, because every time I'm talking to mum about something and she agrees she now goes "indeed". I've irreversably contaminated her!
                              I do that too, and when I start to laugh people look at my strangely as if I've lost the plot or something, no idea why.
                              Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                              Oh that would be so funny Mumsey LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I couldn't resist iconing the new TCA pics. Thanks to everyone who posted pics

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

06. 07. 08. 09. 10.

11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X