No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is an intersting discussion...... i'll have to put in my 2 cents later/tomorrow.
    g'night everyone
    --Kate

Comment

OK Deejay if you come online NO reading until tomorrow!

Spoiler:
      Deejay!! I said you couldn't read it until Tuesday

ChopinGal who several of you saw at AT3 and is one of the original Samandans (i.e. been here since the thread started) sent me an e-mail asking me to pass along a message since she isn't able to come here right now. She just found out Samanda sent flower the first week in June and asked if she could PLEASE send more flowers from Samanda again! She too thinks a LOT of Dee and is really sorry she can't be online to express her love and support with everyone else!

Ann – please pass this on to everyone ... the deed is done! I just ordered a bright yellow happy face mug with yellow roses and daisies and a mylar balloon “Thinking of You” - Dee should get it tomorrow. It’s from all her Samanda friends. I sent this same arrangement to my cousin when she was hospitalized with terminal cancer and I remember how it cheered her up.

Love, the missing Samandan who’s a bit occupied with family matters right now. Sorry I haven’t been around lately. Keep playing nice in the sandbox!

CG xxoo
      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 16 June 2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

oh wait!

((((((DEEJAY & FAMILY))))))

couldn't go to be without finding some more huggles for ya Deejay
        --Kate

Comment

I had to look up bravado. You are right, if Sam were a man, we would not be having this discussion. Same with her being made the commander of Atlantis in S4. Also no discussion if she were a man.

As for faking confidence, don't all leaders do? I remember Picard of StarTrek TNG admitted so to Beverly in Attached. I think all leaders must fake confidence in various degrees. Sam was so good at what she had to do, her bravado seemed real.

Comment

I miss ya woman! Hope you're having a great day!

*HUGGLEPOUNCE*

In case DeeJay missed it the other day.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

awwww, very sweet SunKrux

hey! i'm at 2200 posts! sweet!
              --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by jz9 View Post
                Yeah, I also saw confidence. I have no doubt she was a great SG-1 leader, we just did not get to see much of it.
                Agreed. I think Sam is very confident in her realm of expertise--as she should be. But she's not so arrogant as to think others don't also have good ideas to add. It would be fun to see her really work with a fellow scientist (not Rodney, who has his own arrogance issues) bouncing ideas around. i think the only one we've really seen her do that with is her AU selves.

Comment

Hey there Deejay, see ya lurking down there!!!

Hope your having a good day darlin!!!

(((Deejay)))
                  sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    All 6300 means is Mandy is a
                    BLABBERMOUTH!

But we like her anyway.
                    Ah, thanks I think

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Wow, that's ........ profound!

Congrats on your 6,300th profound post!
                    Thanks, my profundity ah profanity goes a long way

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post

Congratz on the 6300.....wooo thats lots.......LOL nice words of wisdom
                    Woot, and I'm wise too thanks

(hear that Suse )

And congrats john_and_teyla_for_life (boy am I glad for copy and paste) on post 2200
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

yep, it's deejay lurkage

wheeeeee
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

she's probably reading the pages of huggles. Glad you dropped in Deej.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Good points. I agree that though Sam initially disagreed with Daniel, she wasn't closed minded. As soon as Daniel through out his idea, she ran with it.
                          Interesting point on the knife. I had never questioned it but it's good to know the military advisor told AT the right way to handle it.
                          I agree as well. In fact, I think initial disagreement is a positive thing, it forced people to think through their points thoroughly. Automatic agreement robs people of the chance of talking or thinking somrthing through.

Comment

(((Deejay)))

I am glad to see you online!

Comment

Originally posted by über View Post
                              tell That To Those Who Insist I'm A Vampire. I Don't See What's So Odd About It, Other Than The Fact That I Don't Get Licked As Often As I'd Like.

lick

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                                I agree as well. In fact, I think initial disagreement is a positive thing, it forced people to think through their points thoroughly. Automatic agreement robs people of the chance of talking or thinking somrthing through.
                                Good point. If they all just agreed with each other right off it would make for a very short show.

Nice sig by the way!
                                sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X