No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey kids! What'd I miss and what are all these people doing down there?

*waves at gutter people*

Ames, not all Germans are crazy, it's just that those who are, are *very* crazy.
    Just ask DD!

Question for all:
    Can you point out any and all episodes where SG 1 wore desert camo BDUs?

I received a very nice package from Legends yesterday, well, actually had to pick it up at customs. I spent about an hour going through eps last night, trying to match the very unique camo (pants and jacket) to episodes.

So far I have positive matches for Exodus, Enemies, The Other Guys and Full Circle.

Window of Opportunity also has them wear desert camo but I haven't been able to match it to the costume items I have.

Can you guys think of any other episodes where SG 1 wore desert camo, even if it was just for one scene?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
      OMG is this his tongue? it's huge

where is everybody? You can't be all in the gutter - that's to small for so many people. But I won't stay alone up here *closes eyes* *keeps nose shut* *jumps* - ooops, sorry LilFerret I didn't see you from above

EWW - i'm full of saliva. OK, that's it, I'll put on my pinky flourish hazmat suit and NEVER EVER take it of.
      Hahaha it is indeed a HUGE tongue haaahaa
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
        Question for all:

I received a very nice package from Legends yesterday, well, actually had to pick it up at customs. I spent about an hour going through eps last night, trying to match the very unique camo (pants and jacket) to episodes.

So far I have positive matches for Exodus, Enemies, The Other Guys and Full Circle.

Window of Opportunity also has them wear desert camo but I haven't been able to match it to the costume items I have.

Can you guys think of any other episodes where SG 1 wore desert camo, even if it was just for one scene?

Thanks for your help!
        The only others I can think of are "Fire and Water" and "Serpant's Song".
        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo, thank you Jasmina! I'll check those episodes tonight.

I also found a pic of Sam from The Tomb and I think I have a positive match there as well.

Comment

*waves at gutter people*

Ames, not all Germans are crazy, it's just that those who are, are *very* crazy.
            Just ask DD!

Question for all:

Thanks for your help!
            *waves back*
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              For you lucky devils in the UK, there is a notice in the news section that a Sky channel called Film 24 (channel 158 apparently) is showing the following:

-Stargate Ark of Truth Behind the Scenes: Wed. 1:30pm-2:00. Apparently it includes an interview with Amanda.

-SGA BTS for season 4: Tues 11:50am-12:30, Wed 8:25am-9:00 and 7:25pm-8:00. Unsure if Amanda is in this (but how could she not?)

Credit to Sheppard's Delight for the original post.
              Thank You Sheppard's Delight and EH-T
              Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
              *makes sure she gets every nook and cranny...*

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              *shudders*

Someone help me out of the gutter, please! I try so very hard not to fall in, but Lilferret seems to like to trip me up!
              *falls in beside Tracy and *finds many other Samandn's too* oh, hi guys!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

hey there
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Chelle, the fires might scare the crap out of you but they make for beautiful sunsets over here
                  At least someone gets to enjoy them!!!
                  Umm - i'm a bit confused right now because of the licking thing. Do I have to lick everyone in here? Is it some kind of ritual?
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Just smile and nod at the licking. If you're lucky, they'll forget about you.
                  Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  *licks all around*
                  Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Just do what I do, when you see the licking start, don a hazmat suit...that should help
                  Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  *Randomly Licks Thread*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                  *Takes deep breath, closes eyes, and ferret-licks all over the thread*
                  Originally posted by suse View Post
                  We are like Timex*: We take a licking and keep on ticking.
                  *Timex: A very reliable watch brand. Fairly affordable.
                  suse
                  who hides when the licking starts
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  *ignores all the licking and dodges out of the way*
                  You can not escape the licking...it's an essential part of being a Samandan!!!
                  *LICKS ALL SAMANDANS*

suse...I love the whole "We take a licking and keep on ticking"...but you cannot hide!!
                  Mandy...no hazmat suit can save you from a good licking!!

Talking of germans: I believe noone really is 100% german, american , polish etc. i mean there's always been some kind of migration. So we all are one big family
                  Yeah...I heard that we're all descendants to Genghis Kahn...now that's a scary thought...visions of Turghan just popped into my fron...*are you my daddy??*
                  Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Amanda loves us all
                  hic comitas regit
                  Awwww...so it's true then...penguins and polar bears can live together in harmony...side by side in the Sam thread...licking...poking...NUTS aren't we!!!!!
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  So it looks like Sanctuary gets to premiere in October - YAY!!! I can't wait to see what they do with the refilming of it. And I wonder what Amanda finally came up with for Helen's accent?? (I hope she keeps it like it was)
                  I'm pretty sure that Amanda said somewhere that she thought that Helen should keep her accent seeings how she was born in Victoria England after all.
                  shippers see a shipping in nearly everything you just have to be in the mood for it.
                  Uhm...actually...that's not true.
                  I'm a Sam/Jack shipper but I don't see it in everything...and I most certainly do not ship the real people...only the characters. There may be some really die hard shippers out there who do blur the lines a bit but that's not the majority...most of us are just normal folk like yourself who just like to ship certain characters...because it's fun!

Hubby cooked dinner tonight and now I have a tummy ache...but I don't think it's the stir fry...so I'm going to kick the kids off the Wii and lay down on the couch/sofa/lounge and have a cup of tea and hope this tummy ache disappears quickly!
                  Nighty night all, take care, stay safe and have fun licking!!!
                  (((Samandans)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's gross! I was eating, please put it in spoilers with a warning...

Comment

as to FF's question, what makes anything shippy?

remember prometheus? when jack and teal'c toss simmons out the airlock and jack keeps teal'c from joining simmons. And they exchange this look, no words, just a look.

I see 'dude, thanks for saving my ass', yet others declared it the slashiest moment ever on the show.

In Serpents Grasp, when they find out that daniel is alive and jack goes 'spacemonkey', i see someone glad to see a friend alive, yet many slashers see that as 1000000% confirmation that jack is so glad that his lover is alive that he 'slipped up' and let out a term of endearment in public.

at the end of rite of passage i think, when sam is playing chess iwth a healing cassie and janet looks on with fondness in her eyes, i see a woman glad that her daughter is alive and enjoying her friend and 'aunt' spending time with her, the femslashers see it as complete confirmation of sam and janet's relationship and often call that episode 'the one where cassie gets two moms'

the morale of the story, people see what they want to see. if they want to see ship, they're gonna see it in the least glance or look. If they don't, then they don't 'connect the dots' and see nothing more than platonic friendship
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        That's gross! I was eating, please put it in spoilers with a warning...
                        Oh it's harmless...and it's been plastered on here a lot of times...are you serious??? Does it really make you ill???
                        Wow...the clip that it comes from is just hilarious.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          as to FF's question, what makes anything shippy?

remember prometheus? when jack and teal'c toss simmons out the airlock and jack keeps teal'c from joining simmons. And they exchange this look, no words, just a look.

I see 'dude, thanks for saving my ass', yet others declared it the slashiest moment ever on the show.

In Serpents Grasp, when they find out that daniel is alive and jack goes 'spacemonkey', i see someone glad to see a friend alive, yet many slashers see that as 1000000% confirmation that jack is so glad that his lover is alive that he 'slipped up' and let out a term of endearment in public.

at the end of rite of passage i think, when sam is playing chess iwth a healing cassie and janet looks on with fondness in her eyes, i see a woman glad that her daughter is alive and enjoying her friend and 'aunt' spending time with her, the femslashers see it as complete confirmation of sam and janet's relationship and often call that episode 'the one where cassie gets two moms'

the morale of the story, people see what they want to see. if they want to see ship, they're gonna see it in the least glance or look. If they don't, then they don't 'connect the dots' and see nothing more than platonic friendship
                          Oh come on the slashiest Jack/Teal'c moment is in Lost City

Spoiler:

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Oh it's harmless...and it's been plastered on here a lot of times...are you serious??? Does it really make you ill???
                          Wow...the clip that it comes from is just hilarious.
                          Even though Amanda's smiling, it really grosses me out...

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            For you lucky devils in the UK, there is a notice in the news section that a Sky channel called Film 24 (channel 158 apparently) is showing the following:

-Stargate Ark of Truth Behind the Scenes: Wed. 1:30pm-2:00. Apparently it includes an interview with Amanda.

-SGA BTS for season 4: Tues 11:50am-12:30, Wed 8:25am-9:00 and 7:25pm-8:00. Unsure if Amanda is in this (but how could she not?)

Credit to Sheppard's Delight for the original post.
                            Just watched a recording I made of it yesterday. No Amanda interview. It's not the first time it's been on. I found it half way through first time, and they were talking about the save Carson Beckett campaign - only trouble was they were showing pictures of Daniel! Somebody must have seen the error, because this time two out of three pictures they showed were of Carson.

What really wound me up was that everytime they had Martin Gero on screen the caption told us it was Rob Cooper! I hate it when errors of that kind are made. Grrrrr. :rant:

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

LOL... I laugh every time I see this picture because of the video and the look on Amanda's face when she realizes what he is doing... that's a shot just before she realizes what's going on... it just goes to show this crazy group of people enjoy what they do and they play jokes on one another. I think that's a big reason why the show was on the air for ten years... because the actors got along well with one another and had fun!!! Life is full of very serious moment and hard times... it's good to be around people at times that just make you laugh and reminds you to enjoy life.

*waves at gutter people*

Just ask DD!

Question for all:

Thanks for your help!
                              LOL uhhhh... well I can't think of any more. You and jasminaGo named the ones I thought of

Comment

Drags ladder to edge of gutter. What are all you people doing down there? Do you need a way to get out of the gutter? Attempts to place ladder carefully down into the gutter and avoid many bodies laughing and licking when all of a sudden.............is pulled down into the gutter by..............who IS that??? OH NO!!! IT'S...............HHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X