Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
    I always took her speech in Emancipation with a pinch of salt, she was just trying to piss off Turgan, she's probably at the very least a passable cook. I mean she's lived on her own probably since college, I can't see her not cooking in that time,
    I thought when she says to Aiden "I make a mean soufflé" meant it was good, and others agreed, dunno though
    I take the line in Emancipation, the cookie baking as a kid and the souffle line as either a) whatever line was funny at the time was used or b) inconsistent writing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Happy Belated Birthday Fannie!!
      &
      Happy Birthday Weekend john_and_teyla_for_life!!

I hope you had/will have a great birthday
      thanks ann_sgcfan!!!
      Originally posted by Fainne View Post
      aww, thank you ann_sgcfan and john_and_teyla_for_life my mom's birthday is on 20th too
      no way!! my neighbour, the guy who does the voice of the sorting hat on Harry Potter, and Andy Serkis (Smeagol) are all born on the 20th of April too!
      Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      thanks Julia!

*hugs all around*
      --Kate

Comment

how's everyone's weekend going so far? just thought I'd ask

and... SAM ROCKS!!!
        --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          I just saw something interesting and wanted to get your opinions.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider was on TV this morning wearing black leather pants with funky strips across the knees. My eyes bugged out of my head and I immediately thought 'She stole Sam's pants!'

Do you suppose Sam's Atlantis black leather pants with the funky strips across the knees are an 'homage' to Lara Croft?
          Who originally stole them from who is always losing his pants! (No, wait, that was BB's last series where he always wore leather pants)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANNIE, JOHN AND TEYLA FOR LIFE, DEEPSPACE AND FORESTIA

Comment

thank you EH-T!!!
            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Maybe she can only do complicated stuff like sufle, but not something simple like boiling eggs. Cause like the Asgard lost the ability to think in simple terms and needed humans to help againts the Replicators, Sam will need someone dumber to help her cook. Hmmm...maybe McKay knows how to cook.

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
              yeah, it's the 20th
              HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY FANNIE!!!

*tries to imagine Sam as Laura Croft* bleghhhh! that doesn't fit well with me.... but the pants! she so stole Sam's pants!

as for the 'homage' bit, I don't think it was entirly intentional by the costume dep.... maybe they just saw the design and liked it, but not like 'we're trying to realte her to Sam' kinda thing... cuz that would be wrong on so many levels....
              congrats on 2,000 posts, john_and_teyla_for_life!! Now you get your own avatar!! *is jealous*
              sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
              Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post

congrats on 2,000 posts, john_and_teyla_for_life!! Now you get your own avatar!! *is jealous*
                you have no idea how long i've been waiting to get that..... (cuz i thought you could have a custom avatar at 1,000 posts, and i was soooo p*ssed when i couldn't and had to wait for 2000!)
                --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post

That will be your birthday gift. The 'rents will be happy, it won't cost them a cent. CONGRATS ON 2000 POSTS!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    That will be your birthday gift. The 'rents will be happy, it won't cost them a cent. CONGRATS ON 2000 POSTS!
                    very true!!!
                    --Kate

Comment

Starburst Magazine #362 (May/08) has an interview with Amanda. Quizzing her on Stargate and Sanctuary.

Comment

quizzing Amanda on her own stuff? LOL!!!

Congrats on 400 posts,
                        EH-T!!!
                        --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                          quizzing Amanda on her own stuff? LOL!!!

Congrats on 400 posts,
                          EH-T!!!
                          Thanks. I have to do a LOT of chatting to do to get to where you are. Since I will meet other Gateworlders at AT3, does it count as a post everytime I talk to one?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Thanks. I have to do a LOT of chatting to do to get to where you are. Since I will meet other Gateworlders at AT3, does it count as a post everytime I talk to one?
                            It should count! lol! man, i'm so jealous of all you guys who are going to AT3.....
                            --Kate

Comment

Congrats JATFL and EH-T on your milestones!!

And EH-T LOL on post counts going up for speaking to GW'ders at AT3, I wish! I'd be at 2000 by the time we get home

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Congrats JATFL and EH-T on your milestones!!

And EH-T LOL on post counts going up for speaking to GW'ders at AT3, I wish! I'd be at 2000 by the time we get home

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Thanks Julia!!!!!
                                --Kate

Comment

Working...
                                X