No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like seeing the recs in here. I very rarely venture into the fic area, so I like seeing all my Sam-related goodness in one place. We've tried to separate the thread up into sections before, but it never really worked, it always comes back to the same old Samanda

I'm not saying don't start a thread in the other area as well, but I do like seeing the recs in here.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Personally I like seeing the recs in here. I very rarely venture into the fic area, so I like seeing all my Sam-related goodness in one place. We've tried to separate the thread up into sections before, but it never really worked, it always comes back to the same old Samanda

I'm not saying don't start a thread in the other area as well, but I do like seeing the recs in here.
      When we started reccing fic in the J/D thread, the thread got moved to the fic area, which kinda stopped the thread as we didn't only do fic recs. We're now careful not to rec too much, so they don't have the excuse to shunt the current J/D thread over there too.
      You should subscribe to SG1-Debrief on LJ, lovely, lovely SG1 Fanfic of all types in an handy fortnightly digest. And there's stargateficrec on LJ too, which has different reccers each month and always has someone doing Sam recs, often stuff I haven't read.

Enjoyed that Destina story, Sky, I read it when she first posted it and was impressed; she always seems to have a nice grasp of all the SG1 characters.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i have an idea, although it won't be carryoutable until next week

Do you guys like fic recs in here? or would you like to start a 'sam fic rec thread' in the fanfic area?

yes, it'll be outside of the thread, but it'll be more visible and open

whatta ya think?

feel like contributing your recs?
        I prefer to have them in here. Truly, I just don't need another thread to try to follow.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
          When we started reccing fic in the J/D thread, the thread got moved to the fic area, which kinda stopped the thread as we didn't only do fic recs. We're now careful not to rec too much, so they don't have the excuse to shunt the current J/D thread over there too.
          What about using the Blue Jello thread for Sam fic recs to avoid the problem FF mentions?

Comment

Blue jello thread??

I would prefer a seperate thread for Sam fic recs. Cause then you can alway just look at that thread and find some fic, and you don't have to search this thread for it. Not to say we can't post recs here also.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              I seriously doubt that, considering how many actors (and I believe AT included) feel about that company.

Besides, ~Sarah~ already mentioned that she hadn't yet met AT.
              So the story behind it... is that No I didn't get to meet her.... Which I really hope that I will get to someday.... but this was the best thing that I could have gotten...
              I know someone who knows that she is the ultimate person in the whole world that I would like to meet....
              And they ran into her in the offices, and they got pictures with her... and my friend grabbed a piece of notebook paper and had her personalize it because at the Chicago con I won the contest as Geeky Carter.....
              *Can I get a hell yeah from Antoa.... lol I love your Geeky Sam so much *
              Anyways, and I wasn't going to do the costume contest, but now I have to reprise myself.....
              So that's the story and I'm still *squeeing* like a silly 12 year old
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Just droping off a few icons I was working on

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Spoiler:
                  They're gorgeous!! The first one just makes me smile

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    i have an idea, although it won't be carryoutable until next week

Do you guys like fic recs in here? or would you like to start a 'sam fic rec thread' in the fanfic area?

yes, it'll be outside of the thread, but it'll be more visible and open

whatta ya think?

feel like contributing your recs?
                    Thanks for the recs! They make my day. I like having them here, I don't know if I need another thread to check every day.

Spoiler:

Those are gorgeous! I love them all, but especially the Jack/Sam ones.
                    sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
                    I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
                    Danielle

Comment

Spoiler:
                      jasmina those are fantastic!

About fics in Samanda, I like the fics being posted here but maybe having a sort of an archive thread for them, so that if folks miss them on Samanda they could find them there? Just an idea but I don't know if its possible though

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                        Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you guys like them! Here are a few more from AoT:

Spoiler:

BBL!
                        Macaroons!!! My husband ( in full tilt tease mode) has christend A of T the ark of Macaroons... oiy.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Actually Amanda made a surprise appearance at the 2001 Gatecon. I think she was only there for that one session.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...3263wuDAvgJEcd
                        Pics from the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McePK30jFMA Video of the event...
                        OMG That brings back some seriously cool memories... I remember Alan (the guy in the tokra costume) made me stand up in the audience as they started the "game". They had both quilts shuffle out onto the stage. Richard Pasco one of the GC organisers was holding up the other quilt( you don't see int he clip) and I remember standing there thinking hey those quilts are really quite heavy and you need to be tall to hold them up like that.... The first quilt had richard behind it and the second Amanda... It was a complete surprise to me too. But very cool.

a couple of years later Gatecon had Michael shanks appear from behind the 65 roses of stargate quilt which will be appearing at AT3 ( the 65 roses quilt, not michael shanks!)

Anyway got another quilt to make between now and AT3... Mumsey! get off that computer and back to taht sewing machine.... Spit spot!

hugs
                        becks
                        PS, the hugging contest winner goes to Mumsey, the officail hug Magnet of the convention world.

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          Macaroons!!! My husband ( in full tilt tease mode) has christend A of T the ark of Macaroons... oiy..
                          (Slaps silly son-in-law!)

OMG That brings back some seriously cool memories... I remember Alan (the guy in the tokra costume) made me stand up in the audience as they started the "game". They had both quilts shuffle out onto the stage. Richard Pasco one of the GC organisers was holding up the other quilt( you don't see int he clip) and I remember standing there thinking hey those quilts are really quite heavy and you need to be tall to hold them up like that.... The first quilt had richard behind it and the second Amanda... It was a complete surprise to me too. But very cool..
                          That con was just a week after 9/11. There are a lot of very special memories from that one.

a couple of years later Gatecon had Michael shanks appear from behind the 65 roses of stargate quilt which will be appearing at AT3 ( the 65 roses quilt, not michael shanks!)

Anyway got another quilt to make between now and AT3... Mumsey! get off that computer and back to taht sewing machine.... Spit spot!
                          Cheeky little wotsit! On yer bike! (physio exercise for her busted knee) Then get appliqueing!

hugs
                          becks
                          PS, the hugging contest winner goes to Mumsey, the officail hug Magnet of the convention world.
                          Got the t-shirt to prove it!

Mumsey (taking some time off Gabity things)
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Those are great Jasmina!
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

About fics in Samanda, I like the fics being posted here but maybe having a sort of an archive thread for them, so that if folks miss them on Samanda they could find them there? Just an idea but I don't know if its possible though

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              I kind of like that idea, though like you, I'm not sure how it would work.
                              I think we'd only *need* a separate thread if the mods have a problem with posting Sam fic recs here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                I prefer to have them in here. Truly, I just don't need another thread to try to follow.
                                Ditto
                                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X