Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    So, how will Samandans at AT3 find each other?
    Well, I'll be the one wearing the 'I <3 Amanda Tapping' t-shirt.

You all think I am joking

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Celandine and others wondering about airfare... have you checked prices with companies like "Zoom"? They're low cost carriers that do transatlantic flights. We've recently been looking at San Diego this summer, and with summer on-peak prices I can still get a round trip including taxes for under $1000 (not bad when other airlines are quoting nearer $3000). Just a thought
    San Diego O.o

WHEN?!

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
    I don't know where they would be flying from but I used Kayak.com. It searches all the airfare sites like expedia and priceline, etc and shows you the cheapest fairs from all of them. Just fyi.
    I was just going to suggest that site.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mandysg1;7960950]That was actually a quote from when Sally won an award, she gushed "you like me, you really like me" I think it could have been for an Oscar, but I'm not sure

Her Oscar for Norma Rae I think.

Oh, on topic, I like Sam, I really like her

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;7961081]
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        That was actually a quote from when Sally won an award, she gushed "you like me, you really like me" I think it could have been for an Oscar, but I'm not sure

Her Oscar for Norma Rae I think.

Oh, on topic, I like Sam, I really like her
        Taken from Wikipedia's Sally Fields Page:
        Field won another Academy Award in 1985 for her starring role in Places in the Heart. Her gushing acceptance speech is well-remembered for its earnestness. In it, Field stated "I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!".[2] The line ending in "...I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" is often misquoted as simply "You like me, you really like me!" which has subsequently been the subject of many parodies. (Field parodied the line herself in a commercial.[citation needed])
        Just clarifying it for folks.

BTW- that Amanda Tapping Chick it totally HAWT and really awesome.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

[QUOTE=SunKrux;7961125]
          Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Taken from Wikipedia's Sally Fields Page:

Just clarifying it for folks.

And coming to her thread is very informative!

Comment

I feel like the milestone posts, 1,100 and 200 should come in this thread. I also feel they should be a least a little bit profound. However, as I was thinking what to post for 200 I couldn't help but be a bit melancholy thinking this coming TV season will be the first in a very long time that will not be featuring as a major character in a Stargate show. How . Not profound, rather down. On to 201........

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              Amen
              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I feel like the milestone posts, 1,100 and 200 should come in this thread. I also feel they should be a least a little bit profound. However, as I was thinking what to post for 200 I couldn't help but be a bit melancholy thinking this coming TV season will be the first in a very long time that will not be featuring as a major character in a Stargate show. How . Not profound, rather down. On to 201........
                As my milestone posts seems to usually consist of shallow thunking pics accompanied by childish humour or weird in-jokes (), I think you've been rather profound by comparison
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                  As my milestone posts seems to usually consist of shallow thunking pics accompanied by childish humour or weird in-jokes (), I think you've been rather profound by comparison
                  Much like episode 200 of SG-1!

Comment

Much like episode 200 of SG-1!
                    Completely. Although '200' was lacking in the vast lashings of on the cusp-of-PG inneundo that is displayed in er, certain threads. Not sure if this was a bad thing or a very good one...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      "Can't we all just get along?" says sft, plaintively.
                      Don't worry, Polar Bears & the deluded Penguins get along fine here. We just like to tease each other.

Ok, having re-watched Line in the Sand and seeing the scene where Sam tells Mitchell about her personal file on her laptop---do you think she was giving up too soon or just being realistic due to the severity of her wound? In the commentary
                      Spoiler:
                      they say that there was another scene where she persuades Cam to show her the wound with a mirror. If that scene was in, I don't think I'd have the question.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Don't worry, Polar Bears & the deluded Penguins get along fine here. We just like to tease each other.

Ok, having re-watched Line in the Sand and seeing the scene where Sam tells Mitchell about her personal file on her laptop---do you think she was giving up too soon or just being realistic due to the severity of her wound? In the commentary
                        Spoiler:
                        they say that there was another scene where she persuades Cam to show her the wound with a mirror. If that scene was in, I don't think I'd have the question.
                        Oh really, those PTB sure do cut out the wrong things

Given what we saw on screen, I think Sam was being realistic, she knew what type of wound she had, and that she had lost a lot of blood and that she probably wouldn't be able to make it to the gate. I think she really did think it was hopeless, not that she gave up hope too soon.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I wrote a tag to this episode. I believe she didn't give up she wanted Cam to make sure the weapon was the priority because it was important. By telling him that while she was still lucid she knew if it came down to leaving the weapon or her which one to choose. Since Sam has been hurt bad before but usually tries to play it off I presume the wound was pretty serious she honestly didn't think she would make it otherwise she wouldn't have told Cam all that password stuff, letters etc. that is a dying speech if I have ever heard one. She wasn't giving up just being realistic about her chances. They were trapped with no way off the planet and surrounded by Ori. If they uncloaked not only would she die the weapon would be in the hands of the Ori. She made a difficult choice similar to one O'Neill probably would have made, Cameron being more inexperienced didn't understand the importance of the weapon compared to Sam. She was being her usual selfless self will to sacrefice her life so that the weapon could be saved and used.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Don't worry you didn't Polar Bears and Penguins get along fine on this thread, we even like to tease each other...PengYn we (Jan and I) like to tease a lot
                            Spoiler:

*hugs the polar bears*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              Spoiler:

*hugs the polar bears*
                              LOL, someone's dreaming
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                                I wrote a tag to this episode. I believe she didn't give up she wanted Cam to make sure the weapon was the priority because it was important. By telling him that while she was still lucid she knew if it came down to leaving the weapon or her which one to choose. Since Sam has been hurt bad before but usually tries to play it off I presume the wound was pretty serious she honestly didn't think she would make it otherwise she wouldn't have told Cam all that password stuff, letters etc. that is a dying speech if I have ever heard one. She wasn't giving up just being realistic about her chances. They were trapped with no way off the planet and surrounded by Ori. If they uncloaked not only would she die the weapon would be in the hands of the Ori. She made a difficult choice similar to one O'Neill probably would have made, Cameron being more inexperienced didn't understand the importance of the weapon compared to Sam. She was being her usual selfless self will to sacrefice her life so that the weapon could be saved and used.
                                I second this post. The only thing that doesn't fit is the fact that I haven't writen a tag to the episode...or any other episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X