Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atfan View Post
    The hair can't impede the wearing of a cover, on ships the dress code is relaxed so that the working uniforms usually a one-piece jumpsuit is worn with insignia and your name your long hair is put up not touching the collar but in the jumpsuit you can usually wear a ponytail or braid although it is normally tucked in so it is not hanging down. A bun or french twist is also okay.

The bulk or thickness can't be more than 2 inches. This in Navy regs the Airforce might be slightly different hence the ponytail hanging down but I don't know for sure. I was a nurse and even when I wore scrubs and a haircover my hair underneath had to be regulation no ponytail but on the ship I could wear it a ponytail it is up to the CO and since she is the boss she could have relaxed the regulations.
    Per bolded part: Sometimes it is good to be the Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      "Damn why won't you work" she says as she continously flings her arm down. "I should be able to make a sword out of my arm...I must need some oil."

in the same vein:
      Daniel: "Sam, why do you keep poking me in the head?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

in the same vein:
        ROFL
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          "Damn why won't you work" she says as she continously flings her arm down. "I should be able to make a sword out of my arm...I must need some oil."

in the same vein:

I believe Colonel Carter is not feeling well
          *pushes glasses up his hose* Why do you say that?
          She was attempting to walk trough the blast door in her lab
          *blinks rapidly*
          sigpic

Comment

Are we allowed to discuss/dissect Ark of Truth yet??????
            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Dunno - when does it come out in England?
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Some Sam Ark of Truth pic spam (minor spoiler alert)

Spoiler:

Enjoy! (rest of my caps, including quite some Sam, can be found through the link in my sig )
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  I have no idea what y'all are chattin' about anymore, seeing as I've missed almost 40 pages, but I knew post #200 had to be on here, where the Samandans rule
                  OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive. I'm at my folks' place in Ontario until ... well, until I hear otherwise, I suppose. So I'm just chillin' here, waiting for news from England.

Less OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  When I was down at the shop picking up stuff for dinner yesterday, I saw a woman who looked like Amanda Tapping! She had the short blonde hair... so I knew it couldn't actually be her, but still I seriously had to take a triple-look

And fully back on topic:
                  AMANDA ROCKS THE ROCK-ROCK!!!
                  Hey! Congrats on your 200th!

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                  Not yet! Not yet! I just picked mine up from the post office today, but today of all days so far has been incredulously busy so I havent had a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully after practice today I'll settle in with it...that is if my friends don't drag me out for the night.

Ooh just had to say quick before I take off once again. I also ordered from Amazon 'The Barque of Heaven' #11. It's a independent fic book based on the sg-1 series. I love to read, but have never seen these books at my local bookstore so I decided to try reading one and see how it is before I go whole hog and order more.

Has anyone else seen/read any of these books and if so which would you recommend? (besides the one I have already of course. ) Thanks!

Comment

I would say that as long as you use spoilers, I don't think there would be a problem. Some of us here are not going to be purchasing said DVD any time soon so I for one would like to NOT be spoiled on it. Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Hey! Congrats on your 200th!

Not yet! Not yet!
                      No, please - not yet. Do use spoiler tags. I so hate to get spoiled!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Ooh just had to say quick before I take off once again. I also ordered from Amazon 'The Barque of Heaven' #11. It's a independent fic book based on the sg-1 series. I love to read, but have never seen these books at my local bookstore so I decided to try reading one and see how it is before I go whole hog and order more.

Has anyone else seen/read any of these books and if so which would you recommend? (besides the one I have already of course. ) Thanks!
                      I have just finished this one. (An antidote to an enforced three days without any internet - my service provider was down I found it a very good read, as are most of the rest of the series. Numbers 2 and 4 (Sacrifice Moon and City of the Gods respectively) were not easy reads. Overly complicated plots and violence made them difficult for me. Otherwise all the books are good fan-fics - literally.

There are two other SG books that I have by Ashley McConnell. Also not so wonderful - especially the Morpheus Factor which I found the most awful book I have ever read! JMHO.

Kay aka Mumsey
                      (Pleased to be back on-line and having just caught up on seven pages of Samanda. Boy you lot are chatty! )
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

keep it behind tags and you can discuss it all you want,
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

one thing you guys may want to do, if you want to discuss aot, either go to the aot folder where no tags are needed, or discuss sam's part in it, by making a thread in the aot folder

you can discuss, we can avoid spoilers
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            one thing you guys may want to do, if you want to discuss aot, either go to the aot folder where no tags are needed, or discuss sam's part in it, by making a thread in the aot folder

you can discuss, we can avoid spoilers
                            So speakth the Wielder of the Noodle!

Hallowed is the Noodle!

until I dump some spagetti sauce on it and eat it...
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              Thx, and no, although I wish I had!
                              (I can just imagine that conversation now...excuse me Miss, I think you happen to look like my fav actress, and I was wondering if I could take a pic so I could show my equally crazy fan friends )

--if we'd been out on the street, I could've snapped a quick pic but seeing as we were in the store at the time... would've been challenging to do on the sly, I'm thinking--I'm just not *that* good
                              Heh...poor woman...wonder if any of Stargate fans have spotted the similarity and if she's been wondering why people have been looking a her

I still keep chuckling every time Don Davis, who works in Food and Beverage, skis through my lift...the poor guy probably thinks I'm cracked...it's been three and a half months it really shouldn't be funny.

in the same vein:
                              *snort* what a mental image!

Heh...I vote for Replicarter comes back from where ever it is she's been hanging out and plotting her universe domination, recruits Sam and off they both go...cos two Sam's are always better than one *g*

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Kay aka Mumsey
                              (Pleased to be back on-line and having just caught up on seven pages of Samanda. Boy you lot are chatty! )
                              glad ya back too!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hey everyone,

I have question for anyone who's ordered AoT region 2 from Amazon.co.uk.

Did anyone else get an e-mail saying the delivery date of the DVD was put back until between April 30 and May 5?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X