X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    'the last man'

Spoiler:
    so sam went into it, knowing she wasn't going to make it?

sally

Spoiler:
    That's how I interpreted the hug. I thought it was great to see Sam doing something so selfless, knowing that there was a strong possibility that she wouldn't come back. I knew that it everything was going to be reset, but it was a fitting end for Sam.

The Last Man - I liked the epi as a whole, but did anyone else feel a tinge of sadness while watching the opening credits? For 11 years, Amanda has been listed there, but I'm guessing that this episode will be the last time that it happens.
    Yeah. I watched them knowing I wouldn't see Amanda there next year. At least we'll have Sanctuary!

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    Last man
    Spoiler:

Carter gets an infinitly better ending then she had in any of the SG-1 AU's (or supposed reality). Ok the hand gernade was probably equally good. This ep gave me hope for the character again. Though I didnt see the point of the Rodney hug.

Hopefully this bodes well for her replacement next year.

But, my god, they need new uniforms....
    Let's make a petition.
    Spoiler:
    Not to sound mean or anything, but they don't exactly flatter Mr. Picardo.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      I'm not sure if people are in the mood .... but I've made icons from the caps of my animated icon from Sanctuary. I'm too lazy to look for a Sanctuary thread, so just post them here.

First, I made 10 regular icons, spend lots of time brushing them up, adjusting colour, blabla, and I like them as they are. But .... I couldn't resist playing with them, so now there are 2 versions of each.

6a.

Feel free to snurch, but let me know what you like. And if used on LJ, please credit.
      All of them are lovely! This one above for some reason just caught my attention. I guess I love the innocent look on her face or something...or maybe its the 'I gotta secret' look. Not sure.

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        Lurker on this thread for a while, but after TLM, I have to say—Sam is the best character, and the best pick for Atlantis. Wow.
        Hey, welcome! Nice delurking there and I whole heartedly agree! Hope you stick around.

I'm not sure if people are in the mood .... but I've made icons from the caps of my animated icon from Sanctuary. I'm too lazy to look for a Sanctuary thread, so just post them here.

First, I made 10 regular icons, spend lots of time brushing them up, adjusting colour, blabla, and I like them as they are. But .... I couldn't resist playing with them, so now there are 2 versions of each.

6a.

Feel free to snurch, but let me know what you like. And if used on LJ, please credit.
        Hey....always in the mood for beautiful icons...this one is my favourite but all the ones you've done are beautiful.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
          Spoiler:
          Just from reading these spoilers, I'm depressed. This was not the type of farewell I expected. No, I haven't seen the show yet and I might change my mind after watching it but at the moment I'm pretty teary
          Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Spoiler:
          You should watch it. Sam makes the decision to leave Atlantis on her own and fight. And the end moments really do justice to her character. I don't normaly cry because of movies or ever in RL, but this really hit me and I let a few tears. But we see Sam in the end of the ep so it's all good.
          Oh man....
          Spoiler:
          I'm not a teary person...normally...but lately...I cry reading fanfics that I've already read before and never cried over...*wondering if age has anything to do with it*...I'm going to have to watch this one on my own...I tend to not cry in front of people...I'd sooner laugh than cry...but I want to enjoy this ep without feeling the need to hold in any tears that may come...I think after going over all the spoilers and what not, I think it's going to be all good in the end...I just keep reminding myself that Amanda is coming back for more eps in the future and there is still the possibility of another movie...possibly...so I can't see Sam's death as a permanent thing or as a given thing...I mean, sure one day she will eventually ascend to greater things...but I think Sam Carter will be around for a while yet...which is a good thing...even though we might not be seeing much of her at all anymore...at least they won't do to her what they did to Janet...right?? Anyhoo...as sad as it is to see Sam die...they do have that wonderful reset button thingy...oh and BTW...I really do not like AU/AR's and the like...and cliffhangers drive me batty....but thank god for the reset button at times like this!!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Of course I don't. I got image from StargateHub's The Gateroom.
          Here's the original: (Btw, it's BIG!)
          http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/...um_b4deca1.jpg
          I cut it a bit.
          Thank you...I love that picture...Sam is the only one smiling...any hints as to why??...maybe she had words with a certain General before heading out...or is remembering the events of the night before...or is looking forward to a promise made when she returns...either way...she has the most beautiful smile...actually...I should say that Amanda has the most beautiful smile...it makes you smile right back!!!...well it makes me smile that's for sure!!
          Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
          Very cute. She looks so relaxed and in her element.
          Spoiler:
          Now i really wonder if that's how Carter will leave Atlantis-- on a ship called the Phoenix. I know some think it would be a step down, but how dang cool would it be?!
          ...that's what I was gonna say!! ...cool!!!
          Spoiler:
          I hope that Sam doesn't end up on a ship...in my head, I see that as a step down from commanding Atlantis...I'd rather she was leaving coz they needed her back on Earth.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          Spoiler:
          And the fact that she saved her entire crew before taking out 3 enemy ships before she died was hero Sam at her finest.
          Keller and Rodney was a good story too. Glad Rodney ended up getting that relationship thing right finally lol
          Ending was of course a cliffhanger that we all know the ending too... so the last little bit was ok could have been better. But over all a good episode.
          I love your view on the ep Ann...
          Spoiler:
          still seems kind weird reading about Sam's death...even as a hero...but I'm looking forward to the McKay/Keller relationship...but I really don't like cliffhangers!!!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
          The Last Man - I liked the epi as a whole, but did anyone else feel a tinge of sadness while watching the opening credits? For 11 years, Amanda has been listed there, but I'm guessing that this episode will be the last time that it happens.
          NC
          But remember when SG1 was cancelled...we thought that was it...no more Sam...and then we got Atlantis...ok..it was one year...but she will be back...ok, not a lot...but she will be back...she's not gone for good...chin up...have faith!!...says me who is feeling a little melancholy herself!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Spoiler:
            But we see Sam in the end of the ep so it's all good.
            Spoiler:
            Yeah. I mean, it was sad watching her final moments, but by the end, we see Sam's alright and they can change what might happen. I know everyone will be okay and now John has key information to help them. I don't worry they'll kill off Sam, but I do wonder if she'll really get the Phoenix....we do know Woolsey really shows up. That's one thing that won't change.

Comment

Oh nice...and so much better than all the chatter on TLM...feels much happier looking at those icons...thank you Lies!!!
              Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
              OK to keep this spoiler free.... There was one moment where I was a little sad last night when I was watching a particular scene ... not because of what was in the scene but because I realized there will not be too many more of these. And my own reaction surprised me... lol To explain... I had um gotten a little disappointed in one particular season but rebounded a season later So for me Atlantis and Continuum have all been icing on the cake. The possibilities of more SG-1 and even Atlantis movies are the double layers of icing or perhaps the candles on the cake for me.
              I applaud Amanda for bringing to life such a strong character that we all enjoy watching for years! Hears to Helen, a new character Amanda can bring to life and we are here to see it happen all over again
              Here here!! ....fingers crossed we will get more movies and a whole lot more Sam!!...You know, life is a fickle thing...one never knows what may happen...who knows, maybe Amanda will want to return on a more regular basis one day...just saying!!
              Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Spoiler:
              I don't think it had to be a hug, but I think Sam was saying goodbye. She knew she wouldn't be coming back. At some point the ship would be blown out from under her or she'd get killed in a battle as the odds were against them. that's how I interpreted her look.
              Uhm...with regard to the whole
              Spoiler:
              hugging Rodney thing...the way I see the Sam/Rodney relationship is they are good friends...she trusts him and I think deep down she likes him...she respects him too...they are friends...so why shouldn't she give him a hug??...I would if I knew what I was doing could likely end in my death...not that Sam would have gone out with that mentality...but I'm thinking that the hug was from one friend to another...after all...she'd known Rodney longer than all the other Atlantis team members...they've worked closely together over the years...I think it works in well...it's just a hug...now had she smooched him......then I would have been totally peeved...but she saves all her smoochin' for Jack!!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

But remember when SG1 was cancelled...we thought that was it...no more Sam...and then we got Atlantis...ok..it was one year...but she will be back...ok, not a lot...but she will be back...she's not gone for good...chin up...have faith!!...says me who is feeling a little melancholy herself!!
                Don't worry, Chelle. We've got Sanctuary coming up, and DVD's, fanfic, and the movies. It'll be okay. And AT4!!!
                ((Chelle and everybody else that's feeling blue))

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
                Spoiler:
                That's how I interpreted the hug. I thought it was great to see Sam doing something so selfless, knowing that there was a strong possibility that she wouldn't come back. I knew that it everything was going to be reset, but it was a fitting end for Sam.

Let's make a petition.
                Spoiler:
                I don't think Sam knew for sure
                Spoiler:
                she was gonna die, but I think she did know it was a strong possibility. I mean, look what she was up against. I think the hug for Rodney was her showing her gratitude for his help and insanely hard work. I got the impression she was feeling a little melancholy herself.

As for the uniforms,
                Spoiler:
                it sure seemed that they made him look odd on purpose. As if emphasizing how far out of his element he really is.
                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Uhm...with regard to the whole
                  Spoiler:
                  hugging Rodney thing...the way I see the Sam/Rodney relationship is they are good friends...she trusts him and I think deep down she likes him...she respects him too...they are friends...so why shouldn't she give him a hug??...I would if I knew what I was doing could likely end in my death...not that Sam would have gone out with that mentality...but I'm thinking that the hug was from one friend to another...after all...she'd known Rodney longer than all the other Atlantis team members...they've worked closely together over the years...I think it works in well...it's just a hug...now had she smooched him......then I would have been totally peeved...but she saves all her smoochin' for Jack!!!
                  Well I guess I think she
                  Spoiler:
                  should save her hugs for her one true love--Thor! (who is NOT dead, btw)

Comment

'the last man' spoilers

On the first highlighted point
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't think it had to be a hug, but I think Sam was saying goodbye. She knew she wouldn't be coming back. At some point the ship would be blown out from under her or she'd get killed in a battle as the odds were against them. that's how I interpreted her look.
                    Spoiler:
                    as heroic and selfless as sam's act was -starting with her taking command of that ship- i really don't think she should have done it. i think she should have stayed commanding atlantis, because 'they' needed her more. if she really wanted that ship to go out sniper hunting, she should have sent someone else. or maybe she didn't *because* she knew it was basically a suicide mission? but then again, why do something like this when the benefits aren't good enough?

i believe sam's act was written because of the dramatic effects (and her death was the most highlighted), but logically, sam should have stayed protecting the city and trying to fight against what the IOA was doing. i think she could have accomplished 'more' in the long run...

((()))

did i ever mention i don't handle sam not living well?

SAM!!!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

that's what i keep doing too! but one *has* to to not get so sad...

btw, i'm rethinking this whole
                      Spoiler:
                      sam commanding a ship idea. it seems ship commanders don't survive in the stargate universe.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

RE the uniforms in TLM:

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        I really like Robert Picardo, but I had a serious Star Trek Voyager flashback when he came in, and I almost expected him to announce that he was the automated holographic medical program.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                          RE the uniforms in TLM:

Spoiler:
                          I really like Robert Picardo, but I had a serious Star Trek Voyager flashback when he came in, and I almost expected him to announce that he was the automated holographic medical program.

NC
                          Spoiler:
                          "Please state the nature of your medical emergency."

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            "Please state the nature of your medical emergency."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZZPI6uumg

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              HAHA! I was about to post that!
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                                Don't worry, Chelle. We've got Sanctuary coming up, and DVD's, fanfic, and the movies. It'll be okay. And AT4!!!
                                ((Chelle and everybody else that's feeling blue))

I don't think Sam knew for sure
                                Spoiler:
                                she was gonna die, but I think she did know it was a strong possibility. I mean, look what she was up against. I think the hug for Rodney was her showing her gratitude for his help and insanely hard work. I got the impression she was feeling a little melancholy herself.
                                Awww...thank you Bek...not feeling too blue now...must stay positive about Sam's return later in the year...and must remember we will have Amanda in Sanctuary...which I can't wait to see the next webisode!!!!!
                                Well I guess I think she
                                Spoiler:
                                should save her hugs for her one true love--Thor! (who is NOT dead, btw)
                                Uhm...yeah....NO!!!!!!....hehe
                                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                btw, i'm rethinking this whole
                                Spoiler:
                                sam commanding a ship idea. it seems ship commanders don't survive in the stargate universe.

sally
                                Spoiler:
                                I've always been lead to believe that they don't send their higher ranking officers into battle...I thought those at the rank of Colonel and the like stayed back and did the planning from home...or base or what ever...but that technically speaking it should have been a captain or at the very highest Major that would have gone to battle...or am I wrong???...either way...I don't like the idea of Sam commanding a ship...it just seems too...I dunno...menial compared to what she's capable of doing...IMHO!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X