Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't do character death very well. I hope we don't see it.

So are you going to get someone else to watch it first so they can warn you if it happens????
    Neither do I RoX...personally I don't see how it helps any franchise...now we all know that ship sells so why don't they use that...subtly of course!!
    Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    So do you all think Sam would have done something like this while in college/uni?
    After class special
    Hmmm.....very interesting clip but wondering if it's all real...almost seemed impossible...thank you for linking it though Sunny...I somehow can't see Sam going to all that trouble unless it had some sort of point or purpose...besides...there wasn't enough electrical equipment or chemicals on hand.
    Today I watched Midway and Kindred pts 1 & 2 (thank you Colin!!)....thought all three eps were great...yep...that's it from me...my intellectual assessment of all three eps is they are great!
    Night folks...take care and have fun!!
    (((Samanda)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HI EVERYONE !

Originally Posted by majorsal
      spoilers for atlantis' season finale, 'the last man'
      Spoiler:
      does anyone think we'll see sam die in the season finale? i know that sheppard ends up the only one in the faaaar future, but do you think it'll *show* sam die early into the timeline getting screwed up?

i know whatever happens during this badtime, it'll be fixed by ep's end. but i don't want to see her you-know-what! (doesn't like '2010' for that reason)

thoughts?

sally

THE LAST MAN
      Spoiler:
      I so hope not that would make it so hard to watch , i havent watched 2010 in long time becase i dont like it when they all die it's to hard to watch i hope Sam doesnt die in the last eps .
      I watched STUCKi love that movie it's so cool Amanda rocks so much in it

GO THE TAPPINATOR
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

So do you all think Sam would have done something like this while in college/uni?

After class special
        That's what Cadet Hailey was so mad at Sam about. She could only get her contraption to work in 4 rooms!

This was really something. And I thought I went to great lengths to procrastinate.

Comment

After class special
          She's capable of doing even better then that, something involving the entire campus. But I doubt she would have had the time for it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
            Yeah, I always wondered why they didn't bring it back to the mountain as it always seemed it could dial addresses quicker than the computer.

Anybody else have any idea...?
            plot device

kinda like why they never got shyla's sarcophagus from her...gotta keep teh miracle cures out of reach

but my explanation has been, the DHD has no security. any tom, dick or harry can come into the control room and dial out and they can't stop them. whereas the comptuers need access codes adn passwords, thus are 'safer'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

After class special
              Since the Academy has engineering departments, they might participate in the Rube Goldberg contest, so Sam could very well have done something like this. The contest requires competitors to create a device which will accomplish a simple task in no less than 20 steps. The 2007 task was to take a whole orange, juice it and pour the juice from a pitcher into a cup. The college where I teach has the contest every year as a part of our Engineering Week, and the results are often pretty funny. We usually have only a few teams, and some years, only one team’s entry actually completes the task. At bigger schools, a lot of teams enter, and there are some very creative (and strange) entries.

When I watched that video, all I could think of was how many trial runs they had to do before they actually got it to work, and what a royal pain in the a** it must have been to reset it each time.

The contest is named after Rube Goldberg - a cartoonist who dreamed up devices that look like the ones in the video. Each one had a series of steps, each triggering the next one, in an extreme domino effect. Some of the more senior Samandans may remember the cartoons. (I'm including myself in that category)

NC

Comment

After class special
                Oh yeah I think Sam would have done something like this. lol I think those things are pretty cool ... takes a lot of imagination and of course engineering to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                  Since the Academy has engineering departments, they might participate in the Rube Goldberg contest, so Sam could very well have done something like this. The contest requires competitors to create a device which will accomplish a simple task in no less than 20 steps. The 2007 task was to take a whole orange, juice it and pour the juice from a pitcher into a cup. The college where I teach has the contest every year as a part of our Engineering Week, and the results are often pretty funny. We usually have only a few teams, and some years, only one team’s entry actually completes the task. At bigger schools, a lot of teams enter, and there are some very creative (and strange) entries.

When I watched that video, all I could think of was how many trial runs they had to do before they actually got it to work, and what a royal pain in the a** it must have been to reset it each time.

The contest is named after Rube Goldberg - a cartoonist who dreamed up devices that look like the ones in the video. Each one had a series of steps, each triggering the next one, in an extreme domino effect. Some of the more senior Samandans may remember the cartoons. (I'm including myself in that category)

NC
                  Yeah I was thinking the same thing. That had to take them forever to get just right!!

There used to be a video game where you could set one of these up in the virtual world and it took a lot less time to reset You could make it as simple or complex as you wanted. It was fun and challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Sorry to hear about the job situation for my fellow Samandans...I too know how hard it can be in finding a job...just hang in there guys...it'll happen one day...just have faith!
                    Speaking of jobs...and trying to stay on topic at the same time...what do you think Sam would be doing if:
                    a) she never got into the SGC or NASA
                    b) she never joined the Air Force
                    c) she wasn't scientifically gifted

What totally out of character job would Sam be good at or bad at...boggles the mind don't it!!!

I could see her being a teacher. She seems to have a gift for explaining and being excited about what she's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                      Yeah, I always wondered why they didn't bring it back to the mountain as it always seemed it could dial addresses quicker than the computer.

Anybody else have any idea...?
                      I thought the Russians ended up with it. Wasn't that the DHD that blew up at the end of 48 Hours?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                        I thought the Russians ended up with it. Wasn't that the DHD that blew up at the end of 48 Hours?
                        I think that was the DHD to the original gate, the DHD that was missing when they found the gate. The one antarctica, I thought was locked away with te gate

I think it may be considered an Ooops in the plot holes list
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

After class special
                          That's brilliant! And yes I could have definitely seen Sam doing that in college/uni...amongst other things that usually happen in college and uni...that I've heard about...and imagined. *ahem*

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I could see her being a teacher. She seems to have a gift for explaining and being excited about what she's doing.
                            If she did teach, it would probably have to be the really high level astrophysics stuff. I think she would have a hard time "dumbing down" all her knowledge all the time so that run of the mill students could understand it. Even though that's what she does with her team every day. It would be different if it was all day every day.
                            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              I think that was the DHD to the original gate, the DHD that was missing when they found the gate. The one antarctica, I thought was locked away with te gate

I think it may be considered an Ooops in the plot holes list
                              The one that was from Antartica run out of power soon after they found it, the one they were useing in 48 hours, was the DHD from Giza, first taken by the Germans, then the Russians who then gave it to the Americans.
                              sigpic

Comment

and then they blew it up trying to get teal'c back right?

took out the control crystal and made it go boom

I do think that, had they wanted to, they coulda got one off world somewhere and rigged it to work for earth,b ut then the whole iris, locking out of worlds, etc, wouldn't work, so they leave it attached to the computers
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X