Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
    Thank you, Sky for doing that. I tried to green you, but it wouldn't let me, so consider yourself greened!!
    And even more green for Sky as I've been locked out for a bit.

I'm sure AT will love the well-wishes.

<<wanders off slurping blue jello>>

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Neither
      Sigh
      Team Polar bear, all the way! (Sam first though)
      Chocolate!

What? I was feeling left out
      Polar Bear?! o.O Wait. Then why are you always hanging out in the penguin thread. And have all those stuffed penguins. Hrmmmm....

Hehe, nom nom.
      Hehehe

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I just heard.. Project Hugs is on its way.

Ok, so we've never heard that name before, i just made it up

anyway, it was originally meant that all the notes of encouragement would be e-mailed to Amanda, but sooooo many lovely notes poured in that it was decided that they would be mailed to her since - on a computer screen - it'd just be kinda ponderous to read. (the whole collection came out at over FIFTY pages of notes from all over the world)

So, your lovely notes should be reaching her sometime next week or so, depending on the efficiency of hte postal system.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to send in something.

Without you guys, this woulda been a very short little thing
        Goodness FIFTY pages, that's one hell of a hug coming to Amanda!
        Thankyou Sky for giving us this chance to send a heart felt message to Amanda, i hope when she reads it she has a little private time to herself as i think she's going to need it!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Heeee... Oscars of topic
          Spoiler:
          Heeee, Kristen Chenoweth!

Ok, I'm loving all the red... Heidi Klum (openly craning to get a look at George Clooney, 2 seconds after saying the only guy she had eyes for was her husband ), Katherine Heigl, Anne Hathaway... bright red!

I love the dark green dress... Amy Adams. It's lovely.

Hehe, Swank has food in her bag. Awesome.

I agree--and also Jessica Alba's dark burgundy (maroon) gown was perfect for a pregnant woman. She's always adorable anyway.

Comment

I'm doing a little Convention Research Project. So please respond

Are you going to:
            AT3 And /or gatecon (not the creation con in april, gatecon in august)
            Charmed / weekend pass or VIP vs Gatepass
            Team Penguins or Polar Bears
            Peanut butter or chocolate

for me

AT3
            Charmed
            still don't get the polar bears/penguines
            definitely chocolate
            AT3, Charmed, Neither, Chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Polar Bear?! o.O Wait. Then why are you always hanging out in the p
              LISTEN TO WHAT I MEAN NOT WHAT I TYPE OMG!!!111eleventy

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              I agree--and also Jessica Alba's dark burgundy (maroon) gown was perfect for a pregnant woman. She's always adorable anyway.

Yes, yes it was
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                Let's make a mutual pact not to speed talk at AT3.
                What is speed talk??? Is that when you talk really fast...coz I talk really really fast when I get excited...even though I won't be at AT3 so it won't apply to me at this time but I will be at AT4...yay!!!

Are you going to:
                ...I won't be at either events....BUT...I am gong to have drinks with Mr Chris Judge in April...and there's an event in May that is supposed to be HUGE...and I'm going to that one..oh...and I'm going to meet David Hewlett later this year too......just thought I'd say!!
                *BUT...I have figured into the budget, my trip to AT4 (even though it's not planned as yet!!)
                *I'm hoping to get a charmed pass to that one!
                *Definitely a penguin...although I absolutely adore the polar bears!!
                *I'd have to say I love chocolate more than peanut butter
                Neither
                Sigh
                Team Polar bear, all the way! (Sam first though)
                Chocolate!
                What? I was feeling left out
                *edit*
                I meant Penguin! Listen to what I mean, not what I type!
                You had me worried for a minute there Eileen...polar bear indeed...sheesh!
                i hope no one takes this wrong, but it is nice to read nice, FRIENDSHIP fic that's not all cluttered up with ship.
                very refreshing
                I love friendship fics too...and I don't take it wrong at all...I love my ship but even some of the ship fics get too much for me...but that's ok...I just move on or skip ahead to the action...and I don't mean just the shippy action either!!
                anyway, it was originally meant that all the notes of encouragement would be e-mailed to Amanda, but sooooo many lovely notes poured in that it was decided that they would be mailed to her since - on a computer screen - it'd just be kinda ponderous to read. (the whole collection came out at over FIFTY pages of notes from all over the world)
                So, your lovely notes should be reaching her sometime next week or so, depending on the efficiency of hte postal system.
                Yay!!
                Thank you Sky for doing this for all of us...I think I can speak on behalf of all the Samandans when I say...we truly appreciate what you did for us and thank you from the bottom of our hearts...yay!!
                Heeee... Oscars of topic
                The one true brilliant talented person who should have received the top honors wasn't there...Amanda!!...now if she were to be nominated for an award...I'd sit and watch the entire..."thing"...on tv just to see her win...she'd outshine any of those Hollywood diva's!

Oh hey...I'm moving house!!!
                Spoiler:
                After 15 years...almost 16...in this tiny little cottage, we are finally getting a bigger house...one with a decent kitchen...a bathroom with a vanity unit and 3 bedrooms...and a separate laundry so no entering the house via the laundry...I think I'm gonna cry...I mean I'm gonna miss this old place coz we raised both kids here in this pokey little box but it is filled with so many wonderful memories (and possums!!)...but it's a good thing we are moving...it's been a long time coming...anyhoo...just thought I'd say..I'm moving...won't happen til after easter at this stage as the house is still in the process of been renovated...it's like brand new!!!

Anyhoo...hope you all had a great day...take care and have fun!!
                (((Samanda)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HI!

Originally posted by chelle db
                  Oh hey...I'm moving house!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  After 15 years...almost 16...in this tiny little cottage, we are finally getting a bigger house...one with a decent kitchen...a bathroom with a vanity unit and 3 bedrooms...and a separate laundry so no entering the house via the laundry...I think I'm gonna cry...I mean I'm gonna miss this old place coz we raised both kids here in this pokey little box but it is filled with so many wonderful memories (and possums!!)...but it's a good thing we are moving...it's been a long time coming...anyhoo...just thought I'd say..I'm moving...won't happen til after easter at this stage as the house is still in the process of been renovated...it's like brand new!!!
                  That's great chelle , i understand what you mean you get so attached to the place you dont want to leave it but it's good to move every know and again especially if it's into a bigger place I'm in a rental at the moment while our house is being built the building of the house was supposed to be started near the end of last year but the commpany kept delaying us so know it wont be built until september .

Originally Posted by Skydiver

Are you going to:
                  Unfortunitly i wont be going to either but i will hopefully be going to AT4 i started saving near the end of last year so i'm hopeing to have enough when it comes around
                  I'm definatly a pengunin and i'm also a chocoholic (i keep m&m's and maltesers in my bedside table)
                  sigpic
                  (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Hi,

I'm joining the Mac vs Windows debate late, but I've just got a mac and won't be being another microsoft machine as it beats Vista hands down, I got a Mac mini so it wasn't even expensive.

Vista has it's good points but it's a nightmare to do anything out of the normal with and won't even run SQL 2000/2005. I work in IT and Vista is considered to be useless, I do have a Vista system and it's a pain...

Rach

Comment

Great job of coordination - hugs to you for Hugs! Amanda will have enough pages to print another "red book"!

Going to AT3, penguin, chocolate or a chocolate penguin would be a great dessert ... whatever.

Shippy fic versus friendship fic - like them both but do agree it's hard to write good, balanced ship. I am doing the penguin thing right now with Heat but I would like to get into more Sam and Sam/Team fic next go 'round.

Used a Dell PC/Windows for seven years, lots of problems with virus and Norton anti-security became a drain. Switched to an iMac last November and loving it! Apple is intuitive and smart, just like Sam Carter.

OT but exciting - someone I know WON AN OSCAR LAST NIGHT. Brilliant documentary film maker, Cynthia Wade, go to www.freeheld.com/ It was so amazing to see her standing up there with that statuette in her hand! Here's to brave and spunky women!

Comment

Are you going to:

for me

AT3
                        Charmed
                        still don't get the polar bears/penguines
                        definitely chocolate
                        A quickie post and I'm off to work! Will catch up later hopefully!

For Moi

Gatecon
                        Gatepass...for now. Still hoping to snag a VIP from someone unable to attend.
                        Neither
                        Chocolate I suppose.

Comment

Are you going to:
                          Neither. Workie, workie.
                          Penguin, but I have very good polar bear friends.
                          Chocolate. Although PB/ choc combo is also a favorite.

Thanks Sky!

Nice name. Virtual, verbal, actual - most any kind of hug is great!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          The one true brilliant talented person who should have received the top honors wasn't there...Amanda!!...now if she were to be nominated for an award...I'd sit and watch the entire..."thing"...on tv just to see her win...she'd outshine any of those Hollywood diva's!
                          Agree.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

*nods*
                            That's why I'm so excited that Marion Cotillard won for best actress (besides the obvious talent)!!
                            Amanda really deserves to win an Emmy, or even Oscar. I hope that one.. *crosses fingers* and if not,
                            SHE'S ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED ACTRESSES OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey everyone,

I've been catching up on the Oscar highlights today.

Aww wow, 50 pages that's amazing!! Thank you so much Sky for arranging for us to be able to send our messages. I hope Amanda enjoys reading them

Here! Here! Chelle IMHO, Amanda would out-shine most of those people on the red carpet last night, I would love to see Amanda being recognised in that way, I'd cry I think. We'd have to have a Samanda Oscar party.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Sam thread is on page 2 and that won't do ... where are all the chatty Samandans today?!

Okay, let's play. If Sam Carter had a pet, what would it be? Describe the critter, not just "dawg" or "cat" or "fish" ...

I think she'd like a big dog - and she would go to a rescue shelter and get a mutt, a German Shepherd/husky/collie mix and he'd adore her and have soulful eyes and she would name him, "Jack"!

Comment

Working...
                                X