No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what do you all think? Did Amanda repierce her belly button?

I keep letting the holes in my ears close. Piercings are wasted on me.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      It's the tongue ring.
      *raises eyebrow and keeps mouth firmly shut*

i've got tats-- two of them. be careful if you get one, they're addictive. i want more, but my mother would absolutely go ballistic (which really shouldn't be an issue since I'm almost 30). plus i'm broke. but i would if i could!

i actually met a woman recently who had a star wars rebel tatoo and an sg-1 tatoo. and no, it's not me. mine are much cooler.
      sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
      Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

Babbling OT:

Spoiler:
        My mum does that, and I really don't like it. "Help me put my earring in", she says the morning of her grandmother's funeral a few months back, and I go to do it like I would with a friend and of course there's no hole in that ear and she's just re-pierced the other ear herself by forcing it through My dad, myself, heck, even her father-in-law tell her to just put in a pair for a couple of days every few weeks, but nope Strange that the woman who doesn't like body adornment unless its necessary or really special and was basically made to get her ears pierced by her mother in the first place (nana should have known better) should have produced a child who loves earrings so much. The tomboy ended up having a girly girl. Ah well, at least we share a love of classics, fantasy, sci-fi and swords

It would be kinda cool if Amanda had. I can be a bit squeamish about naval piercings, but I actually rather liked the look of hers.
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

*Runs in*

Whew, it's not too late (finally got my internet sevice back )

Happy Birthday Sky!

I think I got you what you really need

Spoiler:

I thought you might be running low
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
            Umm... No.

You have your tongue pierced? Awesome! I wanna get mine done (once I have the money and once I've got a tattoo) but Carmel, the mother who I babysit for, would KILL me! She has a thing about teeth and she keeps saying "it'll ruin your teeth, and you'll regret it in the long run". I also said I considered getting my eye brow and lip pierced. She didn't like the sound of either of those. She doesn't mind tattoos though... which is odd.

Do you guys think Sam would be the kind of person to get a tattoo? I reckon it'd be cool if Sam, Jack Daniel and T all had little SG-1 tattoos somewhere.
            hehehe. I have my eyebrow and lip (well, labret) pierced too I genetically have soft teeth, so I have no clue if the piercings have contributed to my teeth issues or not.

As for Sam, I think she'd be into a tasteful tattoo

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that she still had her belly button pierced and never let it close up during the pregnancy. So I did a little searching and found where I originally read it.

It's from someone's report from the Avalon convention:
              http://community.livejournal.com/ava...73.html#cutid1

It's about half-way down. I remembered the story b/c RDA's reaction to the fan's question was so funny. So apparently she still has it (or did back in 2006).

Comment

Happy Birthday Sky!

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  I thought I read somewhere that she still had her belly button pierced and never let it close up during the pregnancy. So I did a little searching and found where I originally read it.

It's from someone's report from the Avalon convention:
                  http://community.livejournal.com/ava...73.html#cutid1

It's about half-way down. I remembered the story b/c RDA's reaction to the fan's question was so funny. So apparently she still has it (or did back in 2006).
                  You, m'dear, are a veritable font of information.

I'm amazed that someone actually knows the answer to that question. Then again, maybe not.

I can certainly see why someone might be unnerved by people knowing so much about a person they've never met.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                    You only ever really seem to get one of those listed traits in a person you meet, it seems. Maybe two. Personally my friend and I are still looking for rich banker type to fund our trips to Camden, which mostly at the moment involve window-shopping (those places that have windows, at least). 300+ quid for a bespoke corset doesn't just appear out of thin air. Sadly the banker appearing also doesn't seem likely.
                    If this is Camden Market, then they may be having a "fire sale" this weekend, eh? Oh, that's a horrid pun and, seriously, it was disturbing to see those flames roaring through the buildings. I have fond memories of Camden Market - a couple Samandans took me there during AT2. Hope it all sorts out well for the stall keepers, etc.

Will try to return more often but I see that you all are having fun.

Happy Birthday to Sky and kudos to Sg-1faninTn (Melissa) who helped out with tornado relief in Tennessee. Brave lady!

Comment

Happy Birthday SKY

Have a great day, thanks for all the help you've given me, and all of us ever since... whenever. And remember, even Gods need a break here and there.

Comment

You, m'dear, are a veritable font of information.

I'm amazed that someone actually knows the answer to that question. Then again, maybe not.

I can certainly see why someone might be unnerved by people knowing so much about a person they've never met.
                        It is really strange, isn't it? It even makes me feel a little weird that I even knew the answer to your question. I never once thought about AT's belly button ring before I read this report back in 2006.

I do wonder if AT gets weirded out by all the things people seem to know about her. Someone should ask her about that sometime at a con. I know that if it were me that I would be uncomfortable and paranoid about it. But then again, she's so much cooler than I am.

This particular story just kind of stuck in my memory b/c I could just imagine the shocked expression on RDA's face when he said, "She asked you about your belly button ring?!?!"

I also thought it was a weird (and kinda brave) question for someone to ask her. But going by the report, AT was apparently not bothered by it at all. It just goes to show you how cool she is with her fans. Something for all you AT3-ers to look forward to.

Comment

well, i've found, that amanda tends to set boundaries. she showed off her belly ring on one of the behind the scenes specials...so it was her choice. and that stuff seems ok.

I've never seen her have a real issue with on set stuff, or interviews.

but don't mess with her family. family is off limits.

It's like, within reason, the professional life is one thing, stuff on set is one thing...but family time is hers and people need to leave it be and respct that.

it's kinda like...if you're at a con and alan and olivia come with her and they stay in the same hotel, you leave them alone when she's 'off the clock'. respect her and thier privacy. you don't take photos of them, you don't follow them, you let them be.

the belly ring is one thing, so is her hair or lines that got cut from an episode. but private life is just that, private.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi posted in his blog today the script to the scene between Carter and Keller that was cut from "Trio"

Joe's Blog

Spoiler:
                            here’s that snipped scene from Trio. A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              well, i've found, that amanda tends to set boundaries. she showed off her belly ring on one of the behind the scenes specials...so it was her choice. and that stuff seems ok.

I've never seen her have a real issue with on set stuff, or interviews.

but don't mess with her family. family is off limits.

It's like, within reason, the professional life is one thing, stuff on set is one thing...but family time is hers and people need to leave it be and respct that.

it's kinda like...if you're at a con and alan and olivia come with her and they stay in the same hotel, you leave them alone when she's 'off the clock'. respect her and thier privacy. you don't take photos of them, you don't follow them, you let them be.

the belly ring is one thing, so is her hair or lines that got cut from an episode. but private life is just that, private.

Word Sky! And you know what...even if Alan & Olivia aren't with the Tappinator and it's her "off time" leave her be. Let her enjoy that down time, please.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

*waits for the squeeing to begin*

-

Comment

Working...
                                X