• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Eighty?
    God even I got it and English isn't even my first or second language

AT

Comment

Love the responses to my name!

To explain to the non-Canadians, we Canadians are often accused of saying "eh". For example, "How's it going, eh?". The word "eh" is pronounced like the letter A. So EH-T is pronounced the same as AT as in Amanda Tapping. Got it?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Say it out loud....

"Eh" - "T"
        ???

Nah, I get it.

Really

EDIT: *looks at post above* I got it before that

Really
        Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 03 February 2008, 12:43 PM. Reason: I'm smart - really
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          news here that Sam won't be back for S5. I've come to grips though. She has to move on and I support her in whatever her plans may be. I look forward to some awesome projects in the days to come from her either before the camera or behind. I'm way behind in watching Sanctuary, but if this is going to be her main focus for now, then I've got some catching up to do.

My only concern is that AT's last ep on Atlantis be well written and realistic, one of class and one that ties up all those lose ends so we're not left wondering anything. She's been a mainstay for 11 yrs in the Stargate world and to do a flippant ep that does not satisfy and really say 'goodbye' would be awful.
          That's my hope too. That they write something logical and respectful of AT's contribution and Sam's place in the SG world. If they use the "Cassie's having a crisis" excuse I think my head might explode.
          I'm guessing they'll put either
          Spoiler:
          Caldwell or Ellis
          in as the new base commander. I read on another thread someone's recommendation for a scenario of Sam moving out of command. Which was actually what we were thinking a couple of years ago that would have made sense for her stepping out of SG1 command. She does something incredibly heroic but also totally against orders & they (IOA) punish her by taking away her job. They can't get rid of her b/c she's too important, but they can take her out of a command. I'm guessing she either goes back to the SGC or gets command of a ship & gets called in as needed. I do hope that when she is used she gets something significant to contribute. I was
          Spoiler:
          so disappointed that AT had only a cameo in this latest episode. I would hope her "guest star" spots next season amount to more than that.
          Some good guest star spots will be a nice bonus. But I'll definitely be shifting my AT "fix" over to Sanctuary next season. As I've said before Sanctuary means AT in the *lead*which is way better for AT & means we get to see her more than a few minutes per ep. my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Aaaargh! Runs away screaming.
            Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
            yeah, uh, not gonna happen. fogeddaboutit. but we love you anyway!
            Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
            I hope we get to see the show here because I'd really like to see it, I was going to watch on the Internet but my computer is incredibly slow and it takes forever to do anything on my computer.

As for Sam/Sheppard, nope, I'm sticking with Sam/Jack, but I like Sheppard as a character though.
            But Sam/Shep is so pretty....you guys need to see the pretty. I'll ship Sam with pretty much anyone. Actually, I'm attempting to write a fic for every Sam pairing I can think of. I have a list. Lol.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            WHAT?!

But I'll forgive you because you're one of our most prolific Sanctuary fic writers!
            How can I be the most prolific Sanctuary fic writer?! lol.

Spoiler:

Is it bad that I'm not upset over the season five spoilers. I think I grieved for her when SG-1 got cancelled. I pretty much viewed anything after that as a bonus. And I will follow Amanda to anything. I looooove Sanctuary. I might watch all the webi-sodes again on my days off actually.
            sigpic-
            +I thought I was a fool for no one
            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by rolleson View Post

Spoiler:

Is it bad that I'm not upset over the season five spoilers. I think I grieved for her when SG-1 got cancelled. I pretty much viewed anything after that as a bonus. And I will follow Amanda to anything. I looooove Sanctuary. I might watch all the webi-sodes again on my days off actually.
              No because you're not alone. You are not alone in your thinking. Some of us are not that invested in SGA so the news is not shocking to us. I feel for those who are heavily invested in it and in Sam being the leader there, but I'm not upset about the news. I'm totally jazzed for the Sanctuary news though.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                No because you're not alone. You are not alone in your thinking. Some of us are not that invested in SGA so the news is not shocking to us. I feel for those who are heavily invested in it and in Sam being the leader there, but I'm not upset about the news. I'm totally jazzed for the Sanctuary news though.
                Me too. Cause I love Sanctuary, there's so much potential. I mean, whatever happens, you know Amanda will keep working, cause she's just a great actress and will just be everywhere.

I'm not invested in Amanda in Atlantis. It's always been about the fact that it's Atlantis, and Rodney, and omg Elizabeth is pretty too, and now Keller. Any AT in Atlantis has just been that bonus. This season, whenever she's on, it's been the same reaction as when I was Grace Under Pressure, omg it's Sam.

Actually, in a way Sam ruined Atlantis, because perfectly fine episodes are now viewed in a different light, and I'm always left disappointed when there is no Sam, when before, Rodney alone would've done for me. Silly really. Maybe.
                sigpic-

Comment

That's pretty much my attitude too. I've never got into Atlantis, adding Sam didn't help (though I will watch season four when it comes to terrestrial TV in the UK).
                  I didn't enjoy the web episodes of Sanctuary, but that was because I didn't have the patience for just 15 minute episodes and my tech isn't the best for viewing on line. However, I am looking forward to it becoming a TV show and think this is a really good opportunity for Amanda to spread her wings and make a future for herself.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

i'm not heavily invested in SGA. I enjoy the show sure. Have fun watching it. but there's no 'omg, GOTTA watch it' emotional catch like there was with stargate.

stargate was fantastic fun that tweaked the imagination and offered possibilities. SGA is just people marking time and milking the franchise. I find veyr little unique about it as a whole.

I'm gonna miss sam...because she and lorne are what make the show enjoyable for me. the rest of the characters....kill them off tomorrow and my biggest concerns is riding out the fandom explosion. I have zero emotional attachment to them.

But as much as i'll miss sam, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And she could have maintained the status quo, signed up for SGA, given it her sole focus and devote her time to something that might be a 20 second throwaway shot as her whole involvement for the whole episode, and say lines that anyone could have said.

or she can move onto sanctuary. a show that is on the forefront of entertainment to come. a show where she's an EP and star. a show where she has control and say in what she's doing instead of working in a position where she's nothing more than the 'hired help' and where her concerns can and have been ignored and dismissed.

She's made a decision that's the best for her and her career and her future. And i wish her nothing but the best. Me missing sam???

I'll get over it.

and i have years of dvd's and megs of fanfic.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i'm not heavily invested in SGA. I enjoy the show sure. Have fun watching it. but there's no 'omg, GOTTA watch it' emotional catch like there was with stargate.

stargate was fantastic fun that tweaked the imagination and offered possibilities. SGA is just people marking time and milking the franchise. I find veyr little unique about it as a whole.

I'm gonna miss sam...because she and lorne are what make the show enjoyable for me. the rest of the characters....kill them off tomorrow and my biggest concerns is riding out the fandom explosion. I have zero emotional attachment to them.

But as much as i'll miss sam, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And she could have maintained the status quo, signed up for SGA, given it her sole focus and devote her time to something that might be a 20 second throwaway shot as her whole involvement for the whole episode, and say lines that anyone could have said.

or she can move onto sanctuary. a show that is on the forefront of entertainment to come. a show where she's an EP and star. a show where she has control and say in what she's doing instead of working in a position where she's nothing more than the 'hired help' and where her concerns can and have been ignored and dismissed.

She's made a decision that's the best for her and her career and her future. And i wish her nothing but the best. Me missing sam???

I'll get over it.

I liked Sam best with Daniel, Jack and Teal'c.
                      I'm a real classic team fan at heart. The characters (not to mention the actors) all played off each other so well, it was magic.

Someone on lj had an icon of this picture, which I think is lovely and I have never seen before. They got it from MSOL and I can't find it anywhere else. Any Sam fans have a bigger better scan?

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll get over it.

I am just going to throw down a big ol' 'Me too!'

Well except maybe the Lorne part. I don't hate him, but I am also not invested in him like the rest.

I watch SGA, I am entertained by it (most of the time), but it's definitely not an 'OMG! Must watch it nowz!' kind of show.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                          That's pretty much my attitude too. I've never got into Atlantis, adding Sam didn't help (though I will watch season four when it comes to terrestrial TV in the UK).
                          I didn't enjoy the web episodes of Sanctuary, but that was because I didn't have the patience for just 15 minute episodes and my tech isn't the best for viewing on line. However, I am looking forward to it becoming a TV show and think this is a really good opportunity for Amanda to spread her wings and make a future for herself.

FF
                          That it was 15/20 minutes was very frustrating, but I stuck with it, cause it's Amanda.

I'll get over it.

and I have years of dvd's and megs of fanfic.
                          Atlantis frustrated the hell out of me when they just re-did old SG-1 plot lines. I mean it's fine when they steal them off other shows, I don't notice, but off the original? Pur-lease. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

It's not like we'll ever stop writing fic is it? Well, I know I won't. I'm not even half way through my pair-Sam-with-everyone list. lol.
                          Last edited by rolleson; 03 February 2008, 01:57 PM. Reason: cause I can't type tonight.
                          sigpic-

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Felt it was time for me to delurk.

I'm a huge Sam/AT fan as you can probably tell from my user name (my fellow Canucks will get it at least).

Decided my very first post should come on the best thread on Gateworld. You are a supportive, kind, generous and respectful lot, much like the character and actress you admire.

Will have to admit I am very disappointed there will be less Sam in the future. I watch very little television but upgraded my cable subscription (80 odd channels and nothing on) just because Sam was going to be on Atlantis. I had seen Atlantis occasionally in the past but became a regular viewer this season. Having said that, I completely understand and support AT's decision regarding Sanctuary. No doubt a large part of it was due to the fact that, without her, Sanctuary could not proceed while Atlantis could go on without her (or with fewer appearances by her). I have only seen the You Tube episodes (bit of a Luddite) but like Sanctuary. At least this will give me a chance to see more of the show.

After reading Amanda's interview I had already decided to write to her. Thanks Sky for the option of doing it through you.
                            Welcome to Samanda EH-T!!

Post much and laugh often

And have a present:

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rolleson View Post
                              That it was 15/20 minutes was very frustrating, but I stuck with it, cause it's Amanda.

Atlantis frustrated the hell out of me when they just re-did old SG-1 plot lines. I mean it's fine when they steal them off other shows, I don't notice, but off the original? Pur-lease. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

It's not like we'll ever stop writing fic is it? Well, I know I won't. I'm not even half way through my pair-Sam-with-everyone list. lol.
                              Thor?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Felt it was time for me to delurk.

I'm a huge Sam/AT fan as you can probably tell from my user name (my fellow Canucks will get it at least).

Decided my very first post should come on the best thread on Gateworld. You are a supportive, kind, generous and respectful lot, much like the character and actress you admire.

Will have to admit I am very disappointed there will be less Sam in the future. I watch very little television but upgraded my cable subscription (80 odd channels and nothing on) just because Sam was going to be on Atlantis. I had seen Atlantis occasionally in the past but became a regular viewer this season. Having said that, I completely understand and support AT's decision regarding Sanctuary. No doubt a large part of it was due to the fact that, without her, Sanctuary could not proceed while Atlantis could go on without her (or with fewer appearances by her). I have only seen the You Tube episodes (bit of a Luddite) but like Sanctuary. At least this will give me a chance to see more of the show.

After reading Amanda's interview I had already decided to write to her. Thanks Sky for the option of doing it through you.
                                Welcome to Samanda! I didn't get your user name at first but I do now, LOL
                                Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                ???

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3302/et202ll5.jpg

Nah, I get it.

Really

EDIT: *looks at post above* I got it before that

Really

I'll get over it.

I agree with you both, couldn't have put it better myself

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Last edited by samcarterrules; 03 February 2008, 02:13 PM. Reason: forgot the IMG tags, doh!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X