X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
    Coolness I will email you shortly with my message.

*this needs reposting.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

repost your little heart out
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*just read the interview with Amanda...

*pulls out her soap box so she can be seen (she's short) as well as heard...

Dearest Amanda,

Please do not, I repeat, do not listen to the haters. Anyone that hates you is just jealous of the kind, caring and compassionate woman you are. The reason you have so many fans who LOVE YOU (yes we do LOVE YOU) is because you give so much of yourself to us and the world at large. You are so fanfrellin'tasitc it breaks my heart when I hear you worry about what the haters will think or say. Ignore them, I do.

*gets off the soap box and puts it away...

That is all.
        sigpic

Comment

Excellent SunKrux *points to post above*! Very well said!!!!

I tried to green you it wouldn't let me..

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            *just read the interview with Amanda...

*pulls out her soap box so she can be seen (she's short) as well as heard...

Dearest Amanda,

Please do not, I repeat, do not listen to the haters. Anyone that hates you is just jealous of the kind, caring and compassionate woman you are. The reason you have so many fans who LOVE YOU (yes we do LOVE YOU) is because you give so much of yourself to us and the world at large. You are so fanfrellin'tasitc it breaks my heart when I hear you worry about what the haters will think or say. Ignore them, I do.

*gets off the soap box and puts it away...

That is all.
            Hear! Hear!

This also deserves to be reposted as it speaks volumes
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I love that Amanda loves her fans and it just makes me sad for her to worry or even think about those people who would hate her because of whatever reason they have. I've met a woman recently who mentioned that her hubby wasn't a huge Sam fan but that after meeting Amanda he was totally won over. THAT IS WHY WE LOVE AMANDA. Her personality is such that I just don't understand how anyone could hate HER. Hate the fact that life changes and she is making a big life change (for the better, imho) but please, do not hate HER.
              sigpic

Comment

Awww! I just read Amanda's interview (part 2) She sounds so sad, I want to hug her, I just wish she was able to ignore the haters but guess we'll just have to love her even more to make up for them eh Amanda INHO has nothing to feeling sorry for, she's given us 11+ years of a wonderful character and now I think most of us understand that all good things come to an end or they change right?

But I guess it wouldn't be Amanda to not worry about her fans, she never ceases to amaze me.

Amanda Rocks!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm feeling the need for a big group hug...

(((Amanda)))
                  (((Samanda)))

Mandy *(no I'm not being sappy, am I?)*
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi everyone!!
                    Still recovering from P3 lol, and catching up on what all of you said.

Just read the article, and I just wanted to hug her!!
                    She's absolutely wonderful, I have to admit I was a bit sad, when reading she wasn't coming back as a regular, mostly cause Sam's been a huge part of my life for the last 6/7 years. But after reading about Sanctuary, and that it was actually Amanda's choice, I was defenitely ok with it!! Amanda will always be a fantastic person, and she's given us so much all these years!! Bless her heart, I'll always be there supporting wathever she does. She has NO reason at all to feel sorry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      I love that Amanda loves her fans and it just makes me sad for her to worry or even think about those people who would hate her because of whatever reason they have. I've met a woman recently who mentioned that her hubby wasn't a huge Sam fan but that after meeting Amanda he was totally won over. THAT IS WHY WE LOVE AMANDA. Her personality is such that I just don't understand how anyone could hate HER. Hate the fact that life changes and she is making a big life change (for the better, imho) but please, do not hate HER.
                      Amen I understand completely why she feels the way she does- the apprehension, and also the worry that people may dislike her for various reasons because of this decision. I want to tell her to stop it, but I completely understand why she's doing it. And I for one will continue to support her in her career

Seeing as we'll all being so respectful, understanding and also pleasantly retrospective about the last eleven years, I'm cross-posted a bit of S6 Sam and Jonas cuteness/oddness, via something that turned into several captionary posts. It naturally gets a bit Jonas-thunkerish (and in-jokey at that), but I doubt you folks will mind and will kinda get the joke. I think

Sam and Jonas. Taking on the galaxy. Two goofy hats at a time...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=31602

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=31603

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=31604

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=31605

Sorry for being so silly, but I think its nice that the characters allow us to have fun like this. Thank you for Sam, Amanda
                      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Big huge announcment
                        Sky you have mail! Spreading the love and support for Amanda.....I've also posted the announcement on a couple of threads on AT.com.
                        sigpic

Comment

Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
                          thanks so much for the opportunity! Tried to green you but it won't let me, bah. Consider yourself greened, anyway!

And delighted to hear positive news from you Deejay, that's fantastic.
                          "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

okay made a new sig, if you want to use it, be my guest, it is to thank Amanda for stargate and to wish her the best with Sanctuary, even though she may never see it...it is just my way of thanking her I guess.

if you do use and you can credit me, please do so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              okay made a new sig, if you want to use it, be my guest, it is to thank Amanda for stargate and to wish her the best with Sanctuary, even though she may never see it...it is just my way of thanking her I guess.

Lovely work again, Eve
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1457/amandafs5.jpg

That's a great idea for a banner and good work too!!
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X